Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion >

FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion

FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion

Old 09-20-2020, 10:42 AM

Thanks, Carrie. I have copied your schedule , and printing it our slowly. I was going to 'substitute' a few but my programs I had with the other printer is not printing with my new one. Will have to talk to the techs of the programs. Learning a lot about how to use the new Epson and Amazon prime whom hade my order for 3 cartridges. It took a month and 5 phone calls, returning two 'extra' send cartridges. And I am still working on their problem as they don'[t want to credit me on the one I returned to them. Not inclined to order from them again.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:19 AM

We went on an RV Trip last week, so I did not get Week 6 posted. Here are both Week 6 and Week 7.

For anyone interested, this is how I worked out an efficient way to handle each weeks blocks. I print out the weekly patterns each week. I then put the colors I am using on the printout in colored pencils, and put the number of pieces in each color I need on each pattern piece. I then go to the tub of fabrics I am using and chose which ones I want for that week. I then cut out how many of each fabric piece I need. I put the pattern and fabric cuts in a small plastic tray for each block, and can start sewing the block together. This is the schedule I use for each week. I get bored easily, and this keeps me interested.

Attached Thumbnails week-6-001.jpg   week-7-001.jpg  
Old 09-20-2020, 11:23 AM

This is what all the blocks look like on my display wall. We have a long way to go and my display wall is not going to hold another row all around. Darn!!!
Attached Thumbnails homestead-medallion-quilt-9-20-021.jpg  
Old 09-20-2020, 12:57 PM

Thank you for the tips Jeanie!! I will keep that in mind when my thumb/wrist is well enough fo rme to really start working on these blocks...
Old 09-20-2020, 02:20 PM

JeanieG, Absolutely wonderful! I am in awe of the center block you created.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:33 PM

Thank you Caley!
Old 09-27-2020, 12:06 PM

I have read this thread several times. I even bought the kindle book. I planned on using existing fabrics. I'm not to spend money. I am now my granddaughters' teacher due to Covid. They actually expect "school" to go from 8:00 until 2:50pm with only 30 min lunch scheduled. Did not work out at all. 1st grader and 4th grader. Their studies are so different. I am exhausted every evening. I'm grateful my hubby is doing the cooking - Breakfast, lunch, two snacks and a lot of times dinner even. Expensive! At any rate, I decided to go ahead and start with this group. I am so behind, I know, but hopefully I will be able to catch up. I pulled out fabric for the center. Then I will then go to where you all are and get caught up, as suggested.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:24 PM

Jeanine, I hope that this project gives you a needed break!! I can't wait to see your center block! I don't know what Washing rules are for homeschooling, but if it might be something to have your granddaughters' parents look into (instead of school at home like I assume you are talking about)...in Iowa, parents or grandparents, etc can do the schooling and there is not set time for homeschooling...for those grades with my kids (3 of them all about 2 years apart) we were always done with school before noon...most days by 10 if everyone decided to get up and just get school finished. I know all states have different requirements for homeschooling but just something to think about if this is going to last more than a couple months.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:35 PM

Thanks to the Quilt forums for the HB wish, it was lovely turning 78 years young and hearing from our children. Another year older, but not wiser. Daughter has home schooled our grandson, until this year he is 12 and in public school. There are sites ike k-12.com that is free to use for children's education, Jeanine. check it out and see what you think of it....might be a solution. Good luck to you.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:24 PM

Welcome Jeanine!! I am glad you are joining us! I cannot imagine doing schooling at my age (78 - same as QNS)! Hopefully this virus will subside soon and kids can get back to school. I am afraid so many will be so far behind, as their parents are not teachers!