Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FW PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Discussion Page >

The FW PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Discussion Page

The FW PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Discussion Page

Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Power Poster

dublb-While reading your post I "heard" that Texas drawl clear up in Iowa!!

ArteEmCasa--Yes it sounds like we have similar values doesn't it? People are the same the world over! We have Binky Patrol and Project Linus here in the States for children in need. One of our quilt guild members is coordinator for Binky Patrol in our area and I know how much work she does for it and sewing is just a small part of the work.

QE is on a FWS high right now. You'll get that beauty done in no time!!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:10 PM

Art - You're right We are the same all over the world! Especially we quilters! I love it that we can git tagether here on the Board.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 PM

I typed a note earlier which ended up being a chapter about me,home, etc and when I tried to send it ..QB was not responding and I lost it all. so i will try again another time... Look for a new thread regarding the blocks tomorrow. gather them up for their formal debut! HH
Old 02-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
QE is on a FWS high right now. You'll get that beauty done in no time!!

You bet your sweetness that I am! ... I was surprised how much I got done on the weekend. I would have gotten more done (perhaps all?) if I'd had the fabric prepped and sashing cut before Saturday ... I just didn't have the time to do it. Oh well ... it IS coming together ♪♫ tralalalalalala ♫♪

No sewing til tonight!!

Just thinkin' ... to counter
DublB's Texan Drawl ... I could always toss around some Candian "eh's" ... eh?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Now .... here's somthing for all you Pardners to ruminate on, as you await the next instalment of beautiful blocks!

"Ideas are like rabbits.
You get a couple and learn how to handle them,
and pretty soon you have a dozen."

-- John Steinbeck

Old 02-27-2012, 07:38 AM

Right on, QuiltE, each region or country has its own flavored way of speaking. I was raised in the Mid-West, travelled South of the Mason-Dickson line and discovered a whole new way of speaking and local speech; it was said slowly, and the dh were "Mr." in public. Then off to Northen Illinois, where their speech was quick and fast, and they claimed I talked sooo slow. But in Texas, the guidance counselor told me, "I cannot understand a word that you say!!" I doubt if she meant it as a compliment. We tend to "pick" up the regional speech wherever we are except of QB, where we can be truly "ourself" world-wide. One on one people can make a big difference toward world peace. But please understand, I, at least, cannot control what the government does in this country. That is a whole another big topic better not said here. We have dreamed of going to Canada or elsewhere.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

Though here we quilters do have our own lingo ... that confuses the heck out of non-quilters! Sometimes I have to stop myself and say, oh, this person would have no clue what that means.

Where else would we get positively excited when hearing the word FAT?? (Fat Quarter)
And where a FART is envied? (FAbric Acquisition Road Trip)
No hush-hush needed or embarassment talking about SEX! (Stash Enhancing eXperience)
Where PMS is a desired experience, rather than loathed!! (Pizza, M+Ms and Sewing)

Old 02-27-2012, 09:34 AM

QuiltE... I'll say it again. You are a hoot. Love your sense of humor!

QNSue...when I moved from northern Indiana and was in a feed store in southen Wisconsin, I was accused of being from the South! Our speech can say the same words but sound so different.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

*blush*
I'm not really all that good
GGal ... I had practice on another forum where there were some very witty people and learned from them! IRL I am far from such!!

Speaking of languages, ... I remember a lot of "teasing" with my Indiana friends in how they/we said the same words differently! One being roof ... ruffff! and rooooooof!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:24 PM

All of ya'll keep me in stitches! I love our quilting lingo!

I spent some of my formative years in Wheatherford OK. My Dad went to a University there & became a Pharmacist. With both of my parents being Texans I did learn my Texas Drawl from them with 1 exception. I mentioned the word yonder in my earlier post, well it is the one word that I pronounce differently than anyone else. The proper pronunciation is with the o as a short o, & I mispronounce as a short u. If a Texan hear's me they tease me, & if someone is not from around here they tease me! I catch it comin' & goin'. One other note, It took till I was in the third grade to realize that the word wash did not have an r in it. My DM & her parents always say warsh!

Quilt E when is your 'eh' used? Is it a question, or is it used to express frustration or exasperation?

I'd love ta here the regional expressions that all of ya'll have!

Last edited by dublb; 02-27-2012 at 05:26 PM.