Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS 30's Quiltalong Final Block "Widow" & completed Update Page >

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Final Block "Widow" & completed Update Page

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Final Block "Widow" & completed Update Page

Old 08-16-2016, 06:47 AM

Default The FWS 30's Quiltalong Final Block "Widow" & completed Update Page

Hi Everyone, Block 99 Widow is the last block for this Quiltalong..It has been a fun journey, meeting new quilters, making friends, exchanging ideas and so on...

This thread is also the update page where the completed quilts can be posted and any related questions be asked and answered.

Thanks to all of you that have come along for the ride. Honchey
Old 08-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, Honchey, for the fun QAL! I am so blessed to have met you all and got to know you a little bit. Can't believe we are DONE, but we'll soon see some pretty quilts from it all, I hope.

So here is my final block, Widow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556041[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02716-small-.jpg  
Old 08-16-2016, 01:19 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556054[/ATTACH]The merry Black Widow with dots of red as a warning sign. There were rumors of several husbands, who made her a multi millionaire or billionaire but no proof existed at her death of how many husbands or dollars that was 'hidden' in various rumored places. Children of her first few husbands had no comment, but never had to work for salaried jobs in their lifetime...maybe even the grandchildren never had to work a salaried job. Since they never commented on it and left for other areas of the world, no one will ever know the truth.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0626.jpg  
Old 08-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

Oh so funny, QNS....congrats to all who persevered on this trip...a pretty block to finish on...
Old 08-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Great block and funny story, QNS... you've even got the spider's compound eyes in that black fabric with all the little spider eyeballs in it.

Thanks for turning the Widow block humorous... I was a little sad that we were ending with a sad block name like Widow. Now I'll think about your black widow spider block and laugh, instead.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:08 PM

Here is my final block! Yay!!!
Attached Thumbnails img_0479.jpg  
Old 08-16-2016, 05:53 PM

SBG has a pretty green final block and JeanieG has a pretty 'pink' one has her final one. I had thoughts of the black widow spider from the time I decided on the fabric.. . saving it until the final block. Was it in a movie or history that there was a black widow 'spider' woman Who killed off her husbands, one by one after she married each of them. Don't remember if she was caught or killed by a man in the end, so made up my own ending.. . its funnier and no murders existed. Each died of natural causes, except the people who loved to gossip and start up stories about how each man died.. LOL! Leading cause of death: heart attacks. Too much action in bed, I guess.

Dh says I still have attraction, at least in the man's eyes cause one 'gentleman' tried to hit on me at lunch with my Dh... and I ignored him. Dh says, "He is talking to you" and I replied "yes, but I am ignoring him 'cause I am hungry!" A real every woman loves this man and his corny comments but me, i was not interested at all. How else would you describe a stranger who remarks this lovely young lady and dressed lovely...a two year old blouse on and hat on my head...forget him! BEing 74 yo young, I knew better! LOL! Sweet dreams every one; maybe he will pop up at your shoulder someday soon!
Old 08-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

QNS, you are full of beans tonight! Getting hit on by strange men... you've still got it! And the way the husbands all dropped dead... LOL . You are cracking me up.

Love your block, Jeanie... wonder who else will finish up with us and make one?

I've been working on the boom blocks. Just got the fabrics! After all these FW blocks at 6", the 12 boom blocks seem HUGE. I've got 4 done (have 15 to go).
Old 08-16-2016, 06:51 PM

My,my,my Nina, you finished with a grand finale..such Humor...reading the posts I'm smiling ear to ear...

All the blocks are so pretty..maybe I'll make the last one, this way I can say I started & finished.

Last edited by Honchey; 08-16-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:13 AM

Great blocks and stories, ladies. Anne, thanks for keeping us organized and on track--you're a great leader. Thanks to all yinz for keeping me motivated; sometimes it felt like work instead of fun with some of these blocks but we made it. Anxious to see some blocks put together and then some finished quilts.