Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone  "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30  Photo Page >

The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

Old 04-28-2012, 09:35 PM

The brown I have with the cowboy blocks is not a Fusion Mist. It is one I pick up somewhere???? The white may work really well with the "other" blocks. Like you say, it does not look bad on my design wall.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:56 PM

Happy Birthday Bev, hope you had a wonderful day.
JeanieG love love love your blocks, I also like your idea of 2 lap quilts
Old 04-28-2012, 09:58 PM

Thanks Ya'll!
Oh Jeanie, they are beautiful! I too like the white or maybe ya could do an off white?
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 AM

JeanieG...your brown sashing works with the horses. I really like your idea of two lap quilts. I might just copy it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...Dubib! Sew happy all day long!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
The brown I have with the cowboy blocks is not a Fusion Mist. It is one I pick up somewhere???? The white may work really well with the "other" blocks. Like you say, it does not look bad on my design wall.
Sorry! I thought it was the FM one that you showed to Anael, when we were tempting her! Whatever you choose, you're going to have two lovely quilts. I'd go for two totally different looks just because I'd want them to be different to each other ... maybe even do different styles of sashings?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 AM

Well it looks like I won't git ta sew taday! Yesterday afternoon My DSister & DBIL called & said that they want ta come & git the couch that we were goin' ta give 'em. We didn't think they were goin' ta come & git it till next week. So all day yesterday & ta day we've been rearrangin' furniture. Now I've got ta git the clutter cleaned up. I'm takin' a few minuets break. I guess that means no sewin' again taday. I am very happy about how everything is lookin' though.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:20 PM

B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L blocks everyone
Im excited for this milestone, I have to finish one block then I will take a picture!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 AM

Dubib...isn't it amazing how rearranging the furniture, corralling all of the dust bunnies, and conquering the clutter gives such a sense of well being and contentment? I know it's usually short lived so enjoy it for all it's worth!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:23 AM

Speaking of cleaning/organizing...the next few weeks will be pretty busy but when I am home again we will be going room by room decluttering and cleaning. The kids have out-grown toys, games, clothes etc so that space can be better used for other things.

We will be done with school (I homeschool our kids) mid May, then are going to KY for archery nationals (all three kids are shooting) and the week after that I am going to quilt market with the owner of the quilt shop where I work...it is in KS. It will be a fun month with lots of traveling, but then I can return home and get started! Oh and we will be cleaning in the mornings when we usually did school so it won't interfere with my sewing time. LOL
Old 04-30-2012, 06:36 AM

JeanieG...I'm thinking I may do the same thing.....horses in one, non-horses in another. Unfortunately, no one in my circle cares a bit about horses and I'm not even sure that my DGD's know what a horse is other than from a picture.....sad fact of life these days.....at least in my part of the world..... I grew up around horses and other livestock, and this quilt is a little bit of nostalgia for me, but my kids and grandkids could care less......I will most likely put the horses quilt away for a gift or a charity donation in hopes that it will "fit" someone......I know I am having a ball making these blocks....as I said, Nostalgia for me.....and I am really enjoying all the chatter here......a very active and friendly group!