Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone  "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30  Photo Page >

The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

Old 05-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
HeeHee.....such a clever turn of words.....there are still a few horses, but so many have moved due to the horrible housing glut in the late 90's and early part of 2000. Ranchers sold off all the land for the developers......now so many of those areas are ghost towns.....malls and people just couldn't afford what they had......lots of sadness in CA now. Those "golden hills" have become very tarnished......I can talk as I am a native Californian (and I cry a lot for our State).
So true Wendi! I am a native Californian also, so know what you are talking about. There are still some horses around here, a lot of small acre plots, and rural areas.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Ok will try posting the first thirty...by the time I managed to get all the blocks on the floor, they are NOT in order. Sorry.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]332236[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails first30blocks.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM

Ladies, great job on all your blocks! I'm finally caught up on this post, still have to look at the others. I love the chattiness and friendship of this group!
QE, I didn't think you'd be able to use the yellow in all your blocks. You did and they are beautiful with lots of contrast.
Anael you have such a great mix of soft and bright-great mix of fabrics.
Wendiq, I looked all over for weirdos and didn't see any. I saw lots of beautiful work and great colors.
Mirabelle, I thought red, white & blue would be okay but kinda boring. Your blocks are anything but boring-they're beautiful with the other colors as accents.
Bev-happy birthday late!!
Jeanie-I like the idea of 2 lap quilts; much easier to manage. Your blocks are gorgeous. My favorite is still the horse riders against the sunset.
DD-your blocks make me want to snuggle in your quilt. The colors are so soft and pretty.
QNS, you knocked my sox off--I love all your bright colors and beautiful blocks. What a fun quilt you have.

Keep on showing your ideas for sashings; I have no clue what I'll use but I bet it will be black LOL. I'm so not clever at choosing colors!! I love your various choices and the different looks you can achieve by changing the colors.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

QNSue ..... your blocks look terrific on that cheddar coloured backing!! I think you should go with it for sashing, providing of course, it is Extra Extra Old Cheddar! SEriously, it's not at all what I would have thought about, yet I really think it could be perfect!

JanRN ... thanks! I too was starting to think I had set myself up for the impossible of getting the yellow into every block. It's taken a different mindset than when I did the FWS, and at times a disappointing one, as I see fabrics I "want" to use, but just don't see the how, in order to keep the yellow in. Plus the contrast issue, but I'm getting better at keeping any lights in a dark frame, or not using them at all! Now, as for you and your basic black, there's nothing wrong with that .... though there's also nothing wrong with you stepping outside the comfort zone! I'm sure we could all help you come up with all different possibilities when you are ready to start down that trail!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

Oh my I have missed this thread! What a great assortment of almost quilts.
GGal your sashings are just perfect for your blocks--how different the unsashed blocks look. Can't wait to see them with sashings too.
Jan love how crisp and clean your blocks look.
QE the yellow makes this quilt say WOW
Anael like's Jan's yours look so crisp with those whites. I can envision the Brown sashing with them too.
Wendi I feel like "Where's Weirdo?" trying to find them. No can do. I see you used the rose in yellow. Have you posted it solo before? Your assortment is so cheery looking
mirabelle Sigh--just me liking the blues!
Jeanie I see a terrific balance of colors. Putting the tan sashings unifies them and pulls out the brown in the blocks and draws the eye to all the Pretty horses. Fantastic as this is a Pony Club quilt
Honchey What clear colors, bright but not overwhelming!
DDamsel O my! How beautiful. This is your therapy quilt and we all need that reassurance.
QNS Perfectly aged cheddar on those beauties!!

Thanks for the show!!

Last edited by oksewglad; 05-01-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM

QNS, I would've never thought yellow for your blocks. I saw a lot of red, greens, & blues. These were the colore I would have thought of, but you just wowed us! great blocks & sashing color!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:17 AM

QNSue...I saw this color of sashing in the FWQ and I liked it but I wasn't brave enough to try it. You really pulled it off!

Oksewglad...now you have me thinking maybe I shouldn't have been so quick with the sashing. The second setting makes each block it's own separate quilt. Hummmmm......
Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 PM

This has been a very pretty thread. No two are alike. It looks like purple has rubbed off on some of the blocks.
Mine will be all blues and beiges.
Here are my last 15 and all of them.[ATTACH=CONFIG]332476[/ATTACH]

First one didn't come through.
Attached Thumbnails 1-misc-021.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Absolutely Spectacular, GrannyQ ... glad that you found your way back to the trail with us!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Oh, oh, oh All the blues w/a touch of butter. Fabulous!