Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone  "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30  Photo Page >

The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
I love your "30" blocks JeanieG. It yells "California" to me....bright and cheerful and happy. Does that mean with California contented cows, there are "contended" horses as well?? At one time, California had more horse per capital for people than any other state. Or maybe just contended quilters that do a lovely job of quilting like you do.
HeeHee.....such a clever turn of words.....there are still a few horses, but so many have moved due to the horrible housing glut in the late 90's and early part of 2000. Ranchers sold off all the land for the developers......now so many of those areas are ghost towns.....malls and people just couldn't afford what they had......lots of sadness in CA now. Those "golden hills" have become very tarnished......I can talk as I am a native Californian (and I cry a lot for our State).
Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

WendiQ ... if it's nostalgia for you, then make the quilt for YOU ... and don't worry about anyone else. Enjoy your trip down memory lane and continue so, once you start sleeping under it! Horses have meant nothing in my life either, and in the beginning, I was hesitant. However, rural, livestock, farm, etc. certainly WAS and IS my life. So I've branched out to include other phases and am looking at it as a Just for Fun for Me quilt! Please join me!!

CarrieM ... Looks like you'll be busy! For some reason, I don't think your kids will be impressed with your school replacement project. In fact, they may even say, let's go back to school, Ma! We'll look forward to your Quilt Market report. How exciting that will be for you!!

GGal ... I know what you mean, how nice my home can be when it's cleaned fresh. And then I vow to keep it that way ... and before long, oh how it changes. However, I AM getting better!! For one person, I should be able to keep it spic and span, right? Yet there are always more exciting things to do .... like sewing!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM

Windi - I agree w/QuiltE make it for yourself! You're the one that it will mean anything to.
Carrie - I don't see how ya homeschool & have time ta quilt. Your are my hero!
QuiltE - I do plan on it staying clean. Yeah right, that's not happenin'. I will try though. You're right there are much more exciting things ta do.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:33 PM

Have a very Happy Birthday Dublb! Boy oh boy, Lots of chatter on the threads today! I can't keep up with all of you. So many pretty blocks posted!!! I have a photo of all my completed blocks....I have 4 from the past that are still cooking....H/
Attached Thumbnails 30-block-milestone-004.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:19 PM

Beautiful combination of blocks, Anne. Love how you're using such bright, vibrant colors. Very nice!!

I'm so far behind on everyone's posts but hope I'm back in the saddle again. Yinz are doing such awesome quilts!! My eyes are smiling at these beauties!! So sorry to have not been an active participant lately. As most of you know, my mother is in a rehab facility but her therapy is going well and she may be discharged home by the week-end. I think that's a good thing, but...... who knows. I only live about 6 blocks from her so will be able to run back and forth as needed. I really need to get back in my sewing room, if only for my own sanity. It's been so nice reading all your posts and looking at all the fantastic blocks everyone has done.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:22 PM

hey all
here are my first 30!!!
I have chosen a dark med brown for sashing, I will be attaching it soon
Attached Thumbnails aprilm-d12-047.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM

Honchey - Such beautiful bright blocks! They are goin' so well tagether! It's gonna be lovely.
Jan - Don't worry about it. You're right where ya need ta be! We'll be waitin' when ya git back ta it. We know that ya will finish these when ya can.
DD - Wow ya did this while ya felt bad. Good job! They are so cool & refreshin' lookin'. That brown will balance 'em.

Last edited by dublb; 04-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Power Poster

Honchey ... Like JanRN, I noticed the bright and cheery look that your blocks are creating. Nice clear and clean colours. Have thought about sashing/cornerstones yet?

JanRN ... I'm sure you're needing a sewing "fix". It'll do you good, even if you just find something simple to work with as a filler as you race back and forth to your Mom! We've been talking dogs in a couple of threads, and I've been thinking of Patches!

DDamsel ... what a pretty lot of blocks. Such a soft, delicate and precious look to them.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 AM

Honchey...your blocks just pop! So vibrant and beautiful!

DDamsel...did you ever catch up quick. This will be a nice quilt to remember this time in hour life and how much you accomplished even when you weren't hitting on all cylinders. Great job!

JanRN...glad we can give your spirits a lift with the blocks and chatter. We do miss your pretties but rest assured, you are doing exactly what needs to be done. Your Mother is very blessed to have your care. Isn't it amazing though how we can pour out even when we feel like there is nothing more to give? You'll make it through this time and have some very good memories and no regrets.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 AM

Honchey--what fun, bright colored blocks. I love them all together!

DD--your blocks have a nice calming effect! Hope you get to feeling better soon!!