Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt=Along wk 40 Sheep Fold & Star of Hope Photo Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt=Along wk 40 Sheep Fold & Star of Hope Photo Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt=Along wk 40 Sheep Fold & Star of Hope Photo Page

Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 AM

Mirabelle--I too agree another pretty block.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:24 AM

It's just lovely!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

MiraB ... another one chiming in on the lovely-ness of this block, and your many others! That line of fabrics is absolutely beautiful and we all know it's going to be stunning in the completed works!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
MiraB ... OMG that quilt is ever so lovely! Everytime we think you have shown us a beauty, the next one is even better! Great quilting ... what sort of a machine are you using?

And look at the FC and even stitching for that striped fabric! Your PC is going to be amazing when put together.
QuiltE I sew on a Pfaff Expression 3.0 and my embroidery machine is a Pfaff Creative Vision 4.0. I love Pfaff machines, I did a detour and purchased a Janome 6600 but wasn't happy with it from the moment I bought it home. Sold it to a friend and went back to the Pfaff.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
QuiltE I sew on a Pfaff Expression 3.0 and my embroidery machine is a Pfaff Creative Vision 4.0. I love Pfaff machines, I did a detour and purchased a Janome 6600 but wasn't happy with it from the moment I bought it home. Sold it to a friend and went back to the Pfaff.

Thanks MiraB ... I have the 6600 and have been quite pleased! It's the "best" machine I've ever had, so that could be part of it. The only thing I don;t like about it ... I know I want a bigger throat so I can really get at doing the FMQing without the limitations that creates. With that comes the interested in a BSR (or whatever each brand call theirs), though I hear a lot of people say they are just trouble! I don't know anything about Pfaff or what features yours would have.

I think a lot of the time the love/hate for a machine can come from the service and support we get from our dealers. I am fortunate to have a really good dealer locally. They just represent Janome and Bernina, so it'd be hard for me to consider others ... though, that doesn't mean I will not. I would just have to have the confidence that a different dealer would be every bit as good. And another consideration, other dealers are going to be at a further distance, so not as convenient for drop by Q+As!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Thanks MiraB ... I have the 6600 and have been quite pleased! It's the "best" machine I've ever had, so that could be part of it. The only thing I don;t like about it ... I know I want a bigger throat so I can really get at doing the FMQing without the limitations that creates. With that comes the interested in a BSR (or whatever each brand call theirs), though I hear a lot of people say they are just trouble! I don't know anything about Pfaff or what features yours would have.

I think a lot of the time the love/hate for a machine can come from the service and support we get from our dealers. I am fortunate to have a really good dealer locally. They just represent Janome and Bernina, so it'd be hard for me to consider others ... though, that doesn't mean I will not. I would just have to have the confidence that a different dealer would be every bit as good. And another consideration, other dealers are going to be at a further distance, so not as convenient for drop by Q+As!
I think you might be best getting a HQ16 or the Tiara, QuiltE. That way you can do your piecing on the Janome, and your quilting on the other. I know you can keep both machines busy, when you get off your "fair" duty. I don't have expensive machines, but I use one for piecing and my Baby Lock with the larger throat for quilting. Works for me! (However, I would love to have Jan's HQ16!!!!!)
Old 10-13-2012, 05:40 PM

I have been thinking about getting a Janome 6600 for a 2nd machine. I have a Jem 760 and it is great but a little small sometimes. Plus DD (almost 11) has used my machine enough that she can tell a difference when using her $100 machine and she wants something better. Now that there is a new bigger machine out for Janome I am going to check with my local dealer and maybe get a traded in 6600 to save a little money.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

MiraB .... I forgot to ask ... what was it you didn't like about the 6600 when you had it?

JeanieG
... I did some phoning around the other a day about the Sweet 16 and the Tiara. The lady I called about the Tiara knew nothing about it and called the company and they wondered how she even knew about it as it has not been released in Canada. The rep finally admitted that they have a meeting coming up in the next couple of weeks to intro the Tiara. They can pre-order at that time, though it will not be open for sale til Feb! ... As for the Sweet 16s, I did find several that sell them, but none with one. They only bring in one at a time because they are so costly. Oh right, buy it sight unseen! And get ready for this ... they don't order til they have an order for three machines! And that was the same story at all three shops .... all a considerable distance from me. I'm still interested, but!!!!

The dealer I use, used to sell one (forget which or both?).1

CarrieM ... the 6600 has been a great machine and I really do love it! While the throat seems huge compared to what you are working with, it really is limiting if you are wanting to get into quilting bigger pieces. I know lots of people say they quilt queen/king quilts on it ... but they must be fighting with it to make it happen. Even when doing 40x40 square, I feel I am not doing it comfortably and totally hesitate to consider big projects for now. I know you'll really like the 6600 for what it can do. I can also tell you will be quilting for a long time to come, and if you're wanting to do more machine quilting than you have been, you might want to consider what else is available.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Yeah, I finished my blocks for this week. They were easy ones! I looked at next week, and they are going to be much harder!
Attached Thumbnails sf-001.jpg   sh.jpg  
Old 10-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Oh Jeanie! Those are just perfect! (Sigh.)