Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 11 Cat's Paw & Confederate Rose Discussion page >

The FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 11 Cat's Paw & Confederate Rose Discussion page

The FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 11 Cat's Paw & Confederate Rose Discussion page

Old 03-15-2012, 02:45 PM

JanRN,
I sent you a link about the Y seams with a tutorial, but I put it in the photo page thread instead of this one. Sorry. I'm going back to bed!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM

I am happy with what everyone decides about the spring break/camp fire, just having so much fun making these blocks and enjoying the chat each week..
Should have been sewing with my embroidery club today but I am rained in and not going anywhere so DH might not get to town to get his paint (AAWWWW) so sad !!!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:01 PM

Okay, A campfire thread it is and it will be posted on April 3,2012....I'm going to have some of that King chicken!!! H
Old 03-15-2012, 05:22 PM

Thanks, Janie. The pictures really helped. I'm going to try this method over the week-end. If it doesn't work, so be it. I'll come up with a substitute block but I really want to conquer those darn y seams. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:27 PM

I saved the "y-seam" link so I have it when I get to those blocks. I am finally feeling better today...Lord willing I can make myself take it easy a couple more days so I don't relapse with another migraine. I go to the dr. Monday and she will adjust my meds. I was able to get things unpacked from the retreat and have my sewing machine all set up for when I want to sew. I still need to get pictures and post them...probably this weekend.

Thanks for all the "well wishes". This is such a nice group of ladies!!

Carrie
Old 03-15-2012, 05:40 PM

What is the best way to do Confederate Rose? Did you guys use the templates or PP? We just got back from a trip to Sacramento, then met up with our Camping Group for a 3 day camp out. I got Cat's Paw done while we were gone, but have not started Conf. Rose yet. Help!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:10 AM

JeanieG, I started PP'ing the centre of the Rose first then worked my way out to the outer corners. It went together quite well and I didn't have to reverse sew. Good luck
Old 03-16-2012, 04:47 AM

I did my confound rose with templates; marking back of fabric where seams met, stopping on that dot each time. Look at tutorial now posted and it may help you. All is not lost if you decide to "sub" another block. Better get the King Ranch Chicken going in the crock pot. Shhhh...I sub tortilla chips for tortillas..and it works well. Love lots of cheese in it...no corn this time. And my quick Pork Roast with apples and brown sugar over it and put it into the oven.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
What is the best way to do Confederate Rose? Did you guys use the templates or PP? We just got back from a trip to Sacramento, then met up with our Camping Group for a 3 day camp out. I got Cat's Paw done while we were gone, but have not started Conf. Rose yet. Help!
HI JeanieG, I was stumped by CR too and I'm certainly no expert but I used a suggestion from QuiltE. I paper pieced and started in the middle of the block. For those pesky 5 sided pieces on each side of the block I left the PP paper on so I would know where the seam line was and where to pivot. Leaving the paper on also helps to stabilize everything. Without that suggestion from QuiltE I don't think I could have done it. Hope this makes sense.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
I saved the "y-seam" link so I have it when I get to those blocks. I am finally feeling better today...Lord willing I can make myself take it easy a couple more days so I don't relapse with another migraine. I go to the dr. Monday and she will adjust my meds. I was able to get things unpacked from the retreat and have my sewing machine all set up for when I want to sew. I still need to get pictures and post them...probably this weekend.

Thanks for all the "well wishes". This is such a nice group of ladies!!

Carrie
HI carriem, I'm glad you're feeling better. I used to get migraines when I was younger, not so much now. But, I remember what they were like and wouldn't wish them on anyone. Take care.