Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along  Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Discussion Page

Old 06-13-2012, 05:03 PM

Hey QNS - It looks that the rain is goin' south east so it won't go ta you, 'cause MO is NE of Midland. I'll blow as hard as I can but I don't think it'll make any difference. I tried, I'm sorry it didn't work.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Wonderful, now send it up North...we need rain.
I thought maybe you got some this past week. We got .3", not much but better than a garden hose. Sure need more if we are going to have a corn crop.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Rain report for here ... .5" on Monday, 1/10" on Saturday, 1/4" last Wed ... so in the week that'd be .85"!!!
Corn and beans have really changed ..... filling in the rows now.

QNSue ... sorry about my pleading! I didn't realize the copyright issue was an issue on this! BTW someone once told me that if you have changed one ingredient in the recipe (eg. milk chocolate chipits to semi-sweet chipits, or changed the quantity of an incredient, etc) that it was now "your" recipe and there were no copyright issues to deal with. Whether this is true? or not? I have not idea!

Though I'll say it again ..... your cookies do sound as though they are supercalifragilisticexpialidociously scrumpdillyicious!
Your friends are very lucky to have you and your incredible cooking skills and your willingness to share them! Blessed indeed!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:29 PM

Rain oh wonderful rain! This was the 2nd rain in over 18 months. (We did have 2 3"snows this winter.) The first rain was 4 weeks ago. We might git some more rain tanight. We have dry lakes & water restrictions. They also raised the rate for water if ya use over 10,000 gallons. The first 10,000 gallons ya pay just under $4.00 per 1,000 gallons & after that ya pay $20.00 per 1,000 gallons. I'm waterin' my trees w/gray water, from the washin' machine. We have lots of jobs but no place for ya ta live & ya have ta bring your own water. Not really. Well, all apartments have 6 month waitin' lists.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:36 AM

We've had it dry here but not quiet that dry. We're about 4 inches below normal for the year. Recently we've had clouds come in that looked like rain but the air is so dry that the water all gets sucked up before it can hit the ground. I've filled a rainbarrel and attached a soaker hose which I buried next the tomatoes and peppers. I turned the spigot yesterday and just let it all drain out. I hope it did some good to get the soil completely soaked.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:11 AM

Buffalo chips

1 pound of butter, 2 c brown sugar, 2 c. white sugar, 4 eggs, well beaten, 2 teaspoons of vanilla....cream together. Dry ingredients: 4 c flour, 2 c Quaker oats, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons of baking soda, 1 c pecans, 3 c post toasties (or corn ) 1 c coconut flakes, 1 package each of butterscotch, chocolate and white chips. Mix chips into the flour then combine all together and chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before baking at 360 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Beware, they will spread and rise, so stay well away from the edge of the cookie sheet and do not crowd the cookies on the sheet. Make even balls equally spaced apart. If you use less butter (1 c or 2 sticks, not 4), the cookies will retain their shape better. I have served them at school, to the neighbors, and to friends and family. I refer to them as "cow piles". If you use the whole pound of butter, take the cookies off of the cookie sheet while they are still hot, lightly brown on top ot medium brown on top, even though it acts like unbaked cookie dough...the cookies will not be uniform in shape. I always "land" my cookies on wax paper on the counter 'cause it saves on clean up time. Personally, I like to add golden raisins and cranberry dry fruit to the batter for more color and texture. Warning: yields many cookies...for a TEXAS crowd...I baked my last ones in two different sessions, but they freeze well. The nuts can be omitted or substituted. This is not word for word what the recipe says, so its not copied per se. Sub. shredded wheat for coconut flakes and cereal for any 'crunchy' type.

Anne has OK'd this posting, seems with one or two things can change, and recipes are not copyrighted. Thanks, Anne for all your work that made me feel better about posting it. Lots of interest, especially after QuiltE's comments so I thank her too. Its good to have fun and laugh on this site it seems to be the ruling theme that we all love. Maybe someone will tell us how they have changed and loved the recipe.

Yes, Texas has jobs and good economy and that is so different from the rest of the USA, even if they lack rain. Prices may make them cry and produce rivers of tears...property taxes were very high and headache medicine was higher in CC than any other place in Texas....and fishing day trips out in the ocean required bottled drinking water, not CC's water...cause it caused problems to those who drank it and was not used to it. lol!! No wonder I feel better now!!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:10 PM

QNS - Ya are so sweet. I think that it is laudable for you ta try & not mess with copyright laws. Hooray that ya were able ta able ta post it w/a clear conscience. Those sound so great! Thanks
Old 06-14-2012, 06:43 PM

I got the ingredients we didn't have today...I am going to use peanut butter chips instead of butterscotch and shredded wheat in place of the coconut. My dd made chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes today, so it will be a couple days before we need more sweets....they sure are yummy!!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:36 PM

let's see if I can post an update of the ducks and turkeys;[ATTACH=CONFIG]342258[/ATTACH]One duck picture was reduced enough in Picasso to post. Will work on the other photos.
Attached Thumbnails babyhuey.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

Oh my they have grown!! Thanks for the update.