Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along  Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 22 Handy Andy & Hen and Her Chicks Discussion Page

Old 06-16-2012, 05:53 PM

The "raw" cookie dough uses sweetened condensed milk in place of eggs...if that makes a difference.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
The "raw" cookie dough uses sweetened condensed milk in place of eggs...if that makes a difference.
Oh I hope you didn't see it that way. I hope you didn't think I was pushing the panic button or anything like that ... I just have never been thrilled with raw cookie dough ... and I don't get the thrill of "cookie dough ice cream" either! And for those who do like it ... I hope you make the cookies and tell us all about how wonderful they are!

Now if anyone can come up with that other recipe I mentioned ... I'm game to try it!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:46 AM

Here is a recipe where they bake the cookie dough (I found a couple different ones, but this one had good pictures too.) http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipe...-cupcakes.html Not sure how "gooey" the dough would be after baking since we haven't tried these, but it might be something we try since it saves the steps of cooling and then scooping out the cupcake after it is baked.

***Just reading some reviews and it says if you don't freeze the dough it will bake in the middle of the cupcake and be dry.

Last edited by carriem; 06-17-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Here is a recipe where they bake the cookie dough (I found a couple different ones, but this one had good pictures too.) http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipe...-cupcakes.html Not sure how "gooey" the dough would be after baking since we haven't tried these, but it might be something we try since it saves the steps of cooling and then scooping out the cupcake after it is baked.

***Just reading some reviews and it says if you don't freeze the dough it will bake in the middle of the cupcake and be dry.
Interesting that it still stays dough-y even with the baking! I think it'd be neat to have it come out cookie like in amidst the cake! Best of both worlds.

Hey ... you have kids ... it's summer ... so what better to let them bake all these recipes for taste testing and give us the results!!!!!!!!

And OMG ..... if you want to drool some more, then check out this site (it was a link from the one you posted)
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsn...cago-eats.html
Old 06-17-2012, 10:17 AM

I wonder if they were only half frozen if they would bake up into gooey cookies inside the cupcakes?
Old 06-17-2012, 10:20 AM

Sounds like it would be fun to do some experimenting. Maybe try one at room temp, one in the fridge for a while and one frozen to compare. The kids of course would be happy to sample them and give opinions.

Off to the clubhouse....

carrie