Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along  wk 24 Indian on Horseback & Jewel Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 24 Indian on Horseback & Jewel Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 24 Indian on Horseback & Jewel Discussion Page

Old 06-24-2012, 05:23 AM

Thanks for the compliments. I was at my DGD's house on Friday and spied the quilt that I gave here last year when she graduated from college on her bed. She said she loved it because it was the perfect summer weight so I'm excited to give her this one for her wedding just because I know it will be appreciated. Very rewarding.

Carriem...I love the table topper. I'll keep it in mind for a future time.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 AM

carriem, your table topper is just beautiful!! Very pretty colors. What a great idea for a gift! I'm sure they'll love it.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Default Buffalo Chip Cookies

QuiltingNinaSue - I made your Buffalo Chip (Cow Pattie) Cookies today to take on our trip to WA. Oh my, they are great! It is funny as I read the recipe, it is almost exactly like the Coconut Oatmeal Cookie Recipe I make. My recipe has more oatmeal, coconut and flaked cereal and no chocolate chips. I did not have any butterscotch chips, so I put the semi-sweet, white, and special dark chocolate chips in the cookie dough. I baked about half the batch, and will finish baking the rest tomorrow. I hurried and put a whole bag in the freezer, or they would be gone before we leave Wednesday morning. LOL Thanks so much for posting that recipe!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

Honchey .. great block design and some of those little corners that were in the Easter block!

JanRN,
GGal and Termi ... Monty says thank you!!! Remember, you can always join in!

GGal ... it'll be good to see your Texas Star come together. It's nice now, so of course, will sparkle even more as you continue on All your quilts are lovely. I particularly like the 2nd one ... I think it's in the same book as my avatar? The quilting on it is exceptional. What a nice visit to your DGD and seeing her using your quilt! Doesn't it just make you feel all warm and fuzzy??

OKSGlad ... I'm sure your are a wonderful coach and mentor for your DDIL learning to be a 4-H Mom! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the Fair ... and of course, the quilt judging results! Got some photos?

DublB ... Congratulations on your purchasing your DGM's former home. Have fun with the renos and plans for it.

JeanieG ... you beat me on the cookies. I'm had hoped to make some this weekend, but it didn't happen. So now am hoping for tomorrow night.

CarrieM ... what a nice table topper. Great quilting, done with the turkey tracks (??) stitch). It'll be a useful size

Monty was very disappointed that I didn't get to sew on him this weekend. However, I did get 24 bags of mulch spread Friday and yesterday. Today worked on the deadheading, trimming, weeding etc. So once done, just too tired to think of sewing. Did get his face material .... a stonehenge fabric that I think will work well as flesh.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:04 PM

Yeah Monty is gonna have a face!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:09 PM

Yes, it is difficult to pick out flesh type fabric. I went too light on my Indian.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:05 AM

JeanieG, your Indian was just right on!! More than one white man lead the Indians, and that is a good reminder of the real-west history. So happy you enjoyed the cow patty cookie recipe!! Happy trails on your trip.

Now to get together dh's aunt's quilt today and tomorrow, so I can start on PC blocks and catch up again. It is called the Chain of Love, the wedding ring without any circles. Love the scrappy piecing of it; all straight seams!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 AM

Thank you again for the recipe QNS! I think the cookies are better the next day! I'll be in touch during our trip, WIFI is everywhere!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 AM

You have a safe trip now, ya here?
Old 06-25-2012, 04:00 PM

Thank you all for the nice comments.

For the quilting, I think the stitch is called a "feather stitch". A friend of mine calls it the "drunken bird stitch"...she thinks it is a good one to use to hide when you don't sew straight.