Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 41 Floral Bouquet & Seminole Square Photo Page

GGal ... now those are beautiful! and look perfectly pointy and successfully squared in every way!
    I'd be mighty careful as to what you do with the fabrics ... OKSGlad may sneak in and steal them from your stash for her FWS!

DDamsel ... til you show us the real thing, I'm virtually looking at them and saying OMG, more of those beautiful blue and whites. Perhaps with a dash of lace with the barbed wire?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Love your blocks Ggal, your colors are awesome. I'm glad I'm not the only one doing subs. I got mine off of QuiltersCache also. This one turned out the right size; others I've had to add a "frame".
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Ggal--I agree with others...good block choices and very pretty fabrics.

Yeah, finished my blocks for this week! They were much easier than they looked. Maybe I'm just getting used to those "Y" seams!
    Attached Images Attached Images

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Pretty Pretty!

Oh sure .. easy peasy! ......... NOT!

For me it wouldn't be the Y's so much as those abrupt L corners!

Beautiful blocks from everyone as usual, thanks for keeping the secret Honchey I'll just keep everyone else guessing.
    JeanieG are you really getting used to Y seams, its funny that everyone was cringing when we did the first couple now we seem to take it in our stride, although I still struggle, just make sure I mark every seam line.
    Now I am off to the sewing room, I have had a lovely morning out with DD doing a little shopping, having some lunch and then driving home
    Karen

Yes Mirabelle, those blocks went together really well for me. I just sew them in sections. Pin at the top and at the first intersection. I sew right to the spot where it turns, and backspace once, the bring my needle down again exactly at the spot. I raise the pressure foot and turn the two pieces so they are going in the right direction. I put a pin in the next spot where it will turn again and make sure it lines up with the sewing line, then just proceed to that next spot. Sometimes, if it does not seem to line up right, I'll take it out of my machine and line the next section up and pin, then put the needle right where I left off and stitch to the next turn spot. Hope that does not confuse anyone more!

So glad you had a great day with DD. I went to lunch with my Retiree Friends! It is always fun!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Beautiful blocks, Jeanie; love that purple one. Yes, its fun to have lunch with friends. I did that every Saturday in Corpus at Kiko's Mexican Restaurant with some ladies. Miss that. But love it here 'cause we can grow our own veggies and have fowl critters in our yard....deep freeze is overflowing so no room for any dressed critters there...

Back to sewing room today and finish the last two blocks of PC. Then photograph and put on file in the computer. Then work on border around each block to put them together.

Jeanie...the plaid is a nice touch. Just the right contrast to set off the purples. Thanks for you tut too. Maybe I'll give it another whirl with a little more patience.
    Mirabelle...I still can't see the patch butt I thank you for mentioning it. I'm making a runner for class and couldn't squeeze out the last triangle and then I remembered you pieced a piece. It worked!
    Sounds like all the sewing machines are humming today. Have a productive one my friends!

Love your blocks, Jeanie. And you make y seams sound so easy. Not for me, altho I can do them I just choose not to cause I have to rip them out a couple of times to get the puckers out. I have no patience LOL.
    Hope everyone has a good day--beautiful fall morning here with lots of sun, cool, and the trees are more colorful than the past few years. Looks like a postcard. My exciting day: get my pic taken for drivers license. I've had the card for a month and it expires tomorrow and I have to work tomorrow. Can't procrastinate any more. Dragging DH with me--bribed him with eating breakfast out.

*giggles*
    Driver Licence photos are always horrible ... not that they aren't bad enough, we aren't allowed to smile any longer either! Talk about looking like death warmed over.

So does that also mean there's a birthday that we should be helping you to celebrate, JanRN?

Have a FUN morning ....... photo and breakfast out!

JeanieG your tute was perfect, exactly like I do them dardestly things. Only a few more blocks to go, I haven't looked ahead will check out the next two on Sunday.
    QNS do you only have two blocks to go, well done. Can't wait to see your finished quilt, it is going to look amazing.
    Ggal hope you didn't go cross eyed looking for my extra seam, me thinks Honchey must have good eyesight. I figure you won't know once it is quilted, well that's my story and I am sticking to it.
    Karen

You're right, QE, today's my birthday. I know you guessed it by the exciting day I have planned. Small world--lady taking my pic has birthday today and is a quilter. By the time we were done gabbing, a line formed out in the hall.
    DH surprised me with a very pretty multicolor bracelet (says he's tired of me always wearing black or navy so wanted to add some sparkle; I like sparkle!) Meeting DS, DIL, and grands for dinner. Last time we went to this restaurant on my birthday they made me wear a sombrero. I told DS the only way I'll go there if he doesn't mention my bd and they don't sing and bring out the sombrero. I hate when people look at me LOL!!
    Off to the Quilt Cave--gotta do some cleaning. I can't find the last few PC blocks I made; need to finish quilting them.

Happy Birthday, JanRN; may you have many more.

Yes, I finished sewing the last block for PC. Hurrah!! Now to work on the extended blocks. Maybe check out the LQS shop hop that is going on this weekend...3 days.

!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

hey? do we have a virtual sombrero somewheres???
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    I told DS the only way I'll go there if he doesn't mention my bd and they don't sing and bring out the sombrero. I hate when people look at me LOL!!
    Oh my, Jan, we are so much alike. I am the same way exactly!!! Happy Birthday and enjoy your dinner with your family!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Happy Birthday, JanRN; may you have many more.

Yes, I finished sewing the last block for PC. Hurrah!! Now to work on the extended blocks. Maybe check out the LQS shop hop that is going on this weekend...3 days.
    Congratulations QNS on finishing the PC Blocks! Wow, are you the first one to finish them all??? Another milestone is approaching for all of us, all those PC Blocks finished, can't believe it!

QNSue...Hats off to you, or should I say sombrero. I have two more to finish and have been straightening up a bit. I cleared off my design wall and have all the strips cut for the finishing blocks, but have basically put PC away. I have plans for the bonus blocks but haven't started them yet.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jan. you sound like you're sparkling as bright as your new bracelet.

Blog Entries
    Ay, ay, ay, ay,
    Canta y no llores,
    Porque cantando se alegran,
    Cielito lindo, los corazones.

Back ground refrain instead of Happy Birthday!!

Okay--end in not in sight on my quilt--eeekk. Congrats to those of you who are!
    OBTW I have a PA Star if anyone is interested in.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Happy Birthday JanRN, I hope you had a wonderful day with your family
    Karen

Blog Entries
    I found this block as a 14" block and downsized it. Here's to the Pennsylvania birthday girl and a block for her state.Name:  PA Star.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  31.7 KBPA Star 8 inch PP.pdfLook no Y or L seams!
    Last edited by oksewglad; 10-18-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks everyone! Had a great time, ate too much, and NO SOMBRERO!!!

I finished the PC blocks, too, QNS. Most of the last 6 are subs. Jeanie, was it you making 2 quilts instead of 1 large one? I know someone is; that's what I'm planning. How are you doing it? I was thinking 8 blocks by 6 blocks for each; then I'd need to make 6 more blocks. I don't have the need for another large quilt and I think this one is really large. I'm going to check around for some more 8" blocks (without y seams LOL). Is there a better layout? Would appreciate suggestions.

Neat block for this PA girl, OKsewglad. I'll save it; I want to do a quilt of blocks for all the 50 states one of these days.

I see that Congratulations are in order!!! Happy Birthday Jan! & Kudos to those who have finished!...I'm going to sulk if you don't mind....
    Maybe we should start a Patriotic Journey and do the 50 states for the next ride after the Bonus Blocks??? it's a thought....we could create blocks for those not in the states??? Riders anyone???

Sounds doable, H. If enough is interested, would be nice to continue with this group 'cause they are the best!!

I saw that 50 state quilt and thought of us and hesitated because we are so international. I would love to keep sewing with all of you and welcome any others that would enjoy our company and activity.
    H...please don't sulk. We have several more months to get this all put together and we wouldn't be this far if you hadn't headed us out in the trail.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast