Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 41 Floral Bouquet & Seminole Square Photo Page

Yes, QuiltE, seems to thoroughly enjoy whatever she's doing, soon the crowd gathers to see what it is and some are so captivated that they try their hand at it. I wonder how many people are now quilting because she "rubbed" off on them? Border crossings used to be an easy thing but now with passports required, not so. When I was young, the border guards would ask where we were going and if we had any fruits or vegetables with us. No ID or anything, they just took our word that we were US citizens. What a different world now.
    Oksewglad..too bad you didn't have your camera. That quilt you described is interesting. Were all of the blocks 3 inch? Glad you had some fun time. Now to bring the creativity back home and enjoy it all over again. How much more do you have to go before you complete your FWS?

OKSGlad and GGal ... ... OK OK a girl has to promote her land! ... And remember, one of the perks in working the Royal is the opportunity to see people *like you*!!!! Almost makes it seem more like play, than work ... and to think they pay me for that! I will confess, the droves of kids (upwards to 15,000 per day... UGH!) that come thru during the week, are not my most fun time ... not at all!!!

And BTW you don't have to hop into the car, just jump on a plane! Choose either of the Toronto Airports .... the Island one is just across the water from the Royal and the Pearson is only 1/2 hour taxi, more or less, depending on the traffic ... but our taxi drivers are notorious for getting thru traffic that's impossible (as I think they are everywhere?). AND ... I bet we could get you into the same hotel as I am .... and I could become your taxi! Easy-Peasy!!!

Yes, border crossings since 911 are not the same! It's important to keep your passport updated, just in case!!

What a wonderful afternoon for you OKSGlad ... I have yet to see another FWS IRL and to see several, IMAGINE!! I did see a Sylvia last year at one of the Fairs, never a DJ. You had some interesting layouts worked out before, with blocks on-point in the centre, then regular layout around the edges. That could be very effective ... like two quilts in one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

May be with a please, Oksewglad, you might post the layouts of PC quilt blocks again...I forgot where they were and did not save it as I should have.

Oh, dear, QuiltE did not realize crossing the border is different since 911; not a problem back in 1967-69 when I left the states for Alaska via Canada, and returned stateside via Canada. Strange how lawmakers/rules change, and we all pay for more security after a tragic occurrence, hoping it will never happen again. Sometimes I think, policies can go too far, like 'cause one incident of a horse killing people in a parade, local officials ban horses from our Pancake Parade. What will they do if a car kills someone in a crosswalk? Will they ban cars?

Yes, 911 changed lots for us all.

Passports are the rule now, which I can totally understand ... the world is truly smaller, and we have become such a multi-cultural society, to what we were in the past. Thus, easy for infiltrators to merge and be unnoticed. In the other sense, it's too bad, as it was so nice that our two countries honoured each other with the trust in the past.

I don't know about USA, but here, if your passport expires it takes more steps to get it re-newed, than if you do it before expiry. So now, I just have to keep remembering to stay on top of it ... just in case I want to head off somewhere. Not that, that seems to happen!

The horse vs. car issue ... oh so true!
    Though, if they'd only change those crossings for deers, all would be good!!! (that one keeps me smiling every time I see a deer cross sign!!)

Blog Entries
    Yes it was a serendipitous afternoon as I thought I was going to miss the show. On the minis in the FWS-the quilter was going to make 3 inches of every block and make 2 quilts but as she got into the process decided some of the pieces were just a wee bit small, so incorporated the blocks within the larger quilt.

Here's some layouts as requested QNS
    Name:  Carrie PC 60 x 80 quilt.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  259.3 KBName:  PC Lap 9 on point.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  73.9 KBName:  PC onpoint twin.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  82.5 KBName:  PC medallion.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  79.6 KBName:  PC medallion twin.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  78.2 KBName:  PC Lap 8 inch border blocks.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  43.0 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thank you, OksewGlad!! It helps a million for this ole gal to have another look since we are closer to the finish, and wondering how to get it together. Maybe I may wait until we exchange the 12 blocks, so I can incorporate those in the top also. Neighbor lady Moss was very nice yesterday, and waited patiently while I told her each story of each of the 90 blocks of the PC...that I have done. Three exceptions remain off the count, inserting duplicates of the ones I liked to do.

Never will forget the time we were returning to Central Missouri from Southern Iowa, traveling the less populated roads to be able to check out the farms as we passed them by, and looking for wildlife. Dh was sure he would see a deer, kept looking around the countryside as we slowly traveled onward...then he sped up a bit and I hollered "There's a deer!" He almost stopped completely, to holler back, "Where??" looking everywhere... " On that green roadside sign that says and shows a JOHN Deere!" I replied. Definiately , a deer crossing sign needed there.
    Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 10-21-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling

Oh myyyyyyyyyy .... Deere!

What an afternoon for you and MissMoss! Were you able to tell all the stories in an afternoon? You should have turned on the tape recorder to get those stories documented! Hopefully the two of you shared many cups of tea during the afternoon delight. Is she now ready to make a PC?

No, She is making a "copy" of my fishing quilt; I gave her my panel I had done from AQS a year ago...that way she has a good start going to finish it to queen/king size quilt for a Christmas gift. Better than sitting in my sewing room as a UFO...now if I can find the other panels I had found once since year ago last summer.

Just smile when you see the 'green' Deere...but I would not recommend that you holler, "There's a deer!" to the driver.

Blog Entries
    Just smile when you see the 'green' Deere...but I would not recommend that you holler, "There's a deer!" to the driver.

You're right or you may end up in the windshield despite your seatbelt!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4