Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 42 Sunshine & Trail/Covered Wagon Photo Page

Thanks Anael and Carrie. No, it's not a batik but the smaller pieces give it that affect.

Ooh I like those blocks, Ggal. That rose is so pretty and I love the bright maple leaf. Looks like the leaves around here right now (except they're all on the ground).
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Oh so much chatter as well as beautiful eye candy! Like you Ggal, don't care for the telephone block in my quilt.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

GGal ... Like the different look of both your blocks. The black print framing the soft grey rose really turned out nice for those points. NOt something I;d ever think of using and WOW, it works well. LIkewise, I'm honoured with your Maple Leaf ... kind of neat using the leaf print for the leaf! As for the iPad ... you're way ahead of me. I have no clue about any of it!

Prams and Strollers ... both get used! I guess with your Brit linkage, it's no surprise!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

And here we are ....
    Sunshine Sam .... and a Quilter's Telephone.

The phone is really neat fabric ... the words meander around the fabric and the series doesn't repeat for a very long time (some of the words do, just different sewquence). Yes, I was anal enough to go thru them all and see!!
    Name:  PC42-Sunshine+Telephone (2).JPG
Views: 93
Size:  1.43 MB

Oh some more fun blocks to look at. It seems so long ago that I did these now! It is great to be reintroduced to them again. I guess when I dig my blocks out and start putting them together they will all come back to me!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

What fun blocks!!! Great colors too. & here ya weren't so sure about the yellow. Now ya know that it's just about perfect.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Love it, QuiltE. Beautiful colors and work. ONWARD!! You are making good progress.

You're moving right along, QE. Great blocks. Who doesn't need a good lookin' cowboy coming around the bend!!! I like the telephone block and the meandering words give it nice movement. That was one of the blocks I didn't use in my PC; it just didn't fit in even tho it's a neat block.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

....and she'll be coming around the bend...I spy her now. It's QuiltE coming on full speed! You have really been churning out the PC blocks and they are looking real good.

QE--a couple more great blocks! Your phone has good contrast...the words remind me of a phone cord.

Thanks Everyone! .... though the full speed churning didn't happen yesterday. By the time I got back from looking for the backing and getting my new glasses, my eyes were just out of it. They were so dry and sore that I knew sewing was out of the question!

JeanieG
    ... even though my blocks have stayed on the design wall, I find I don't remember what I have done before, so I totally understand what you're saying!

DublB ... Yes, I did hesitate. What I really like is how the one main colour is tying together the jumble of the scrappy look, that wasn't happening with the FWS as I had absolutely no consistency!

JanRN ... ITA the words meandering in the telelphone fabric help with the movement. And too, with the bigger pieces, I knew it was a way to use this fabric, so the words would show.

CarrieM ... Never thought about the telephone cord look, but yes, it does!

Blog Entries
    Sorry QE I'm so trying to visualize Sunshine Sam with a gun in his hands. Or is it an evil diabolic Sam laughing sardonically? Or better yet a man of law and order making life all sunny for the Western folk. Okay I am off now.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Sorry QE I'm so trying to visualize Sunshine Sam with a gun in his hands. Or is it an evil diabolic Sam laughing sardonically? Or better yet a man of law and order making life all sunny for the Western folk. Okay I am off now.
    I know ... I just couldn't resist the irony!
    The fabric had The Outlaw printed with our man ... you can see part of that in the corner of the block.
    Fabric acquired thru our swap ... maybe the original owner has a story!

Beautiful blocks as usual everyone. My Sunshine is done. Used some fabric I picked up on Thursday night. I have the owl in 4Name:  14-Sunshine May 10 2014.JPG
Views: 33
Size:  451.8 KB different colourways. Also picked up batik skulls in 3 colourways.

Oh great owl fabric. I collect owls - guess I'll have to find this fabric somewhere!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Great FC! Lovely owl! I love it! (y)
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

W4Me ... a cutey owl all nicely FC! Now you have me anxious to see the other owl colours ... and skulls too! Are you having fun>

Wow, that's an eye catching one! Love it!!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

JeanieG - thanks. Fabric.com Search for owl batik in case the link doesn't work.
    https://www.fabric.com/SearchResults...3-26a376046a5e
    dublb - thanks. there were several different owls to choose from for the fussy cutting but this guy just called to me.
    QuiltE - thanks. This is the fabric with the least colour. The link above should give an idea of the other colours. And search under skull batik for the other fabric. I'm having a terrible time. This is such a chore.
    Anael - thanks. Funny, but it is not a favourite of mine, except for the fussy cut sleepy owl. I guess there isn't as much contrast as I would have liked. But that is not a bad thing and the block is growing on me.

oooooooooh I like the Fudge Owls!

W4Me ... looks like a lot of FC to come, to feature each owl. Agree, not a lot of contrast, but it works. As you go along, you might be surprised how it will pop out more, with the other fabrics surrounding it. Plus sometimes subtlety is good ... gives a bit of a resting spot for the eye.

JeanieG ... look at all those owl fabrics .... you could do an all owls quilt!!!

Blog Entries
    An owl in the sunshine--must be a "day owl" with his eyes so wide open!! Great job, w4me!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Thank you oksewglad. He was just too cute not to feature. He reminds me of something between an absent-minded professor and Dopey the dwarf.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3