Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Photo Page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Great blocks all!! Giving me lots of ideas for my blocks.

Carrie
    Yep one of the perks of not being first, Carrie
    Jeanie, ripit, ripit, I hear a frog singing in the West. So sorry.
    Jan what a great bright clover green background and I so like the diagonal lines in Colt's Corral; it relaxes the regimented lines of the block
    QE, is there a bit o' the luck o' the Irish and a dash from the pot o'gold in that there block! Red clover hay--great tunnels of green stretching across the field. Need warm windy days to get it dry as it's so heavy but makes good hay if it doesn't get rained on. Placing your stripes vertically just challenged you a bit!
    wendiq, really like the solid fabric in contrast with the ropes and what a pretty red/blue combination in the clover block.
    termi, What a wonderful job of FC those ponies; shows a shtrong repetition of design with the well cut heads. And those little lambs are knee deep in clover.
    Anael, What are you going to replace the Corral block with?
    dublb, What a perfect complement to the Corral block! They look like they were made for each other.

OKAY back to the salt mines.!!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Beautiful blocks everyone, they all look so different, each week brings new surprises
    Karen

Oh don't worry DublB ... we never noticed!!

I think I like those the most of all of yours so far. Nice twist on the flag with your replacement block!!
    The clover in the clover, is actually is some St. Paddy's fabric that I've had around for years. Did you see the "bling" in it?

I'm happier with my yellow tonight .... what a difference it makes when you make a pretty pretty block that you really like!! Yes, I did next week's ... so that now I can focus on FWS starting this weekend. Yahoooooooooooo!!!

JeanieG ... oh dear! Looks like some frog stitching tomorrow. Isn't that just so annoying!

OKSGlad ... Yeppir ... just shouldn't have tried it when I wasn't really "with it" because of my cold! I thought I was being smart and avoiding the challenge of getting stripes straight when put in there lengthwise ... and then blew it! Yes, I think I'm going to remake it .... but not sure if I want to use the stripes or something else I might have. And worse still for that Red Clover, if you're trying to combine it! Great stuff ... but!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 02-22-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Yes, I'm going to replace Colt's Corral with End of the Day. I'm working on it now, will post a pic as soon as I'm finished

dublb: your Flags and Hearts is gorgeous!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Here's my replacement of Colt's Corral.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet!!!
    Looks like End of Day is a bright Start to the Day!

Abel...I agree with QuiltE. Seeing it is a great way to start my day.

Dubib...you must have an entire stash of patriotic fabric. I haven't gone back to count but have you used any of them twice?

Great blocks, dublb. Yipes-you all are so brave to work with stripes-just beautiful. I love your flags & heart block-fits with your over all design plan and it's gorgeos.
    Anael-such a pretty block, soft but sticking with the PonyClub theme. Well done.
    Jeanie eagerly awaiting your "reworked" block LOL.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Clover Blossom and Colt's Corral

OH, what beautiful blocks!

dublb, what beautiful patriotic fabric and I love your replacement for clover blossom, very creative, nice job!!

anael, wow, your replacement block for colt's corral is stunning! Such pretty horses and contrast!!

Beautiful Eye Candy. Everybody here is doing such beautiful blocks.
    Honchey - Love the bright colors and fabrics It's a happy corral.
    Mirabelle - beautiful blocks, I like them so much
    JanRN - Very well done, I love the greens and how the diagonal yellow gave moviment to the block
    QuiltE - I know exactly what are you feeling. The same to me with the WOW as background fabric. I liked the strips the way they are. Love your green clover fabric, just perfect for the block.
    Wendiq - Beautiful blocks, I like specially the result you got with the rope moviment in the Corral
    Termi - You have the perfect fabrics. So cute the mini cheaps with the mini clovers. Perfect!
    Dublb – what a great option for replacement the clover blossom. Your patriotic quilt is turning greatest every week JeaneG – I will look forward to see your blocks. Sorry about those frog stitching.
    Anael – Sure it is a beautiful end of day.

Here are my blocks for this week:

Name:  16+Colt's_Corral.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  15+Clover_Blossom.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  153.4 KB

Wow!!!, I asked for eye candy and boy oh boy did I get some!!!!! All the blocks are awesome...we are really doing great with them....You guys do not disappoint.... Keep up the good work... HHH

Let us hope I can post Clover blossom and Colt's corral...Name:  CloverBlossom.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  60.2 KBName:  Colt'scorral.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  138.8 KBthe colt is a young male pony and a filly is a mare pony. We were lucky enough to enjoy both in our youth. Even built a corral to keep the ponies handy. After both pony mares had young, we played a game with them; the youngsters would get interested in whatever, and we would quietly ride the mares away from the foals, waiting around a corner of a building, and watch as the foals would suddenly "discover" Mom was missing and come looking for us. Moms were into the game of hide-and-go-seek as well. Skybaby was 17 inches tall and 21 inches long at birth. Granddad's Mother, Sarah Whicker, said "I want all my great-great-great-great-grandkids to know when I was 86 years young, I could hold a horse in my arms!!"...as she held Skybaby in her arms. Alas, both her and granddad have long passed away, but the memories still linger in my mind.

Arte & QNS, beautiful blocks. You both nailed the PC theme. Love the wood grain in the blocks; really adds something special. These blocks are so much fun to look at. Honchey's right: great eye candy!

Arte and NinaSue, beautiful blocks! I like the Colt's Corral blocks but not in my quilt, I don't see how I can fit this block in.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Hi Everyone, well I WAS going to post my blocks. When scanning my Clover Blossom, I glanced up at it and "Oh No", the side triangles were going the wrong direction. Augggggg!!! Gotta rip them apart and fix!
    I had that happen to me a couple weeks back. Funny how the picture showed it up isn't it?

ArteEmCasa...your blocks are always so perfect! You have perfected the workmanship part of this pony ride!

QNinaSue...the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...you captured that completely in the corral block. Thanks for sharing your memories with us. Are you copying them into a file you can write out for your children?

You are quick to see the point, gardnergal. Every critter we owned seemed to have that thought in their minds. I have given thought to writting down family memories. Will see what develops in the future. Enjoy sharing them on QB.

Love the difference on each block each week and the beauty of each one on PQ as it was on FWSQ. A highlight of my week to see everyone's success and their making it "their" block.

Anael - Such perfect points & lovely fabrics = a beautiful End of Day! Great substitute! If it doesn't fit your quilt then don't use it! It's your quilt!

Gardnergal - I ordered the Betsy Ross collection the day after I ordered the PC book. If I had seen the book first I would have picked out a different theme. After the first few blocks I realized that I didn't have enough so I started picking up more fabric a little at a time. I even ordered some more last week. I saw a panel with an Eagle in the center that I think will be the final touch! I think that except for the fabric I want for the attic windows I've got it all. I am using all of the fabrics several times.

Art - I can see the corral! Very pretty! Your green flowers look like clover in your Clover Blossom! Beautiful block!

QNS - That yellow makes your Clover Blossom glow! Your unique insite is showing in your blocks! Grass in a corral, who would've thought? You that's who. My thought was 'Duh why wouldn't that have occurred to me?' When I make this quilt with the pony theme (in a few years) I'll have a better idea about how to do it. I love hearing your stories. They make me smile!
    Last edited by dublb; 02-23-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Change color
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Clover Blossom and Colts Corral

Ok, I just got around to fixing my Clover Blossom, so here are this weeks blocks. I did not follow the "theme" for Colts Corral, but am happy with the block anyway!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeanie, those are great blocks! I bet your going to be happy about your Clover now that you fixed it. That brown is awesome with all of those clover in the background. The red & blue horseshoes & boots make a great contrast with each other.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Well worth the wait, Jeanie. Great blocks with lots of contrast. Love your fabric choices, too.

Blog Entries
    More fun fun blocks!
    Anael a beautiful End of Day--so soft looking
    ArteEmCasa what a striking corral and I love the little clovers, too.
    QNinaSue yup grass is always greener on the other side and this would sure tempt a young colt. I love how the clovers from the green fabric just float into the white as if they were appliqued on and not seperate pieces of fabric. You never cease to amaze us.
    This morning get a phone call--"G, just drove by the neighbors (on the other side of the hill), looks like about 20 heifers out on the road." Well you know what that means--dash and run to the car/pickup whatever. This particular group of heifers have been the worst. We name everything here and "Defiant" is a class one "jumper". DH is sure she is part deer as she goes up to the fence and jumps like one. Of course taking fence with her and letting the rest waltz right on through!! Note to self: Watch what you name those little ones when they are cute with those big eyes looking at you!
    Jeanie you've got exploding clovers and a boot kicking corral!!
    Can't wait til Saturday night for some sewing time.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

ArteEmCasa, your blocks look perfect!!! Nice contrast in colt's and your clover has very pretty shades of green!

JeannieG, love the brown in your clover and the cute clover fabric. I like the red and blue in colt's. Both look perfect!

QuiltingNinaSue, love the color combo in your clover and the great fabrics in your colt. Also, like your story about the mares and foals when you were growing up. That must have been so cute!

Jeanie..love your blocks.

I thought I would work on my blocks today but my DH is already working to fill in the edge ceiling tile in the kitchen. It takes about 1/4 of a block so there's a lot of cutting and fitting. He injured his back years ago so everything takes longer and gets done when he feels good. Glad he's feeling good but....oh well, it will be nice to go on to the next step of redoing and quilting will get done in between.

JeanieG ... love those Kickin'Cowboy Boots in the Corral ... and nothing better than a field of Clover!

OKSGlad ... arrggghhhhhh!!! Nothing worse than a "rodeo"! And there's always a Leader of the Pack! We used to have a Spring, who had springs in her legs, we swore! Although, there was also a Chrissy, which became known as Kissy Chrissy, as she'd turn while being milked and give the person doing the chore a nice big slurp .... often taking his/her hat along with that long tongue! Great name, Defiant ... hhmmmmm, a name like that make me think that perhaps you name yours much like I did?

GGal ... hope the Mr. FixIt day went well ... and that there was harmony in the household throughout!!

QNSue ... your originality and creativity shines out yet again! Love that grass and fencing!! And of course, the intended pun is priceless!

ArteEC ... WOW! for someone who says she can't find fabrics easily, you seem to be showing some pretty nice blocks and fitting in with the theme! Your clover fabrics are beautiful ... and the block too. And I'm envious for those boards!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 02-24-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast