Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Photo Page >

The FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Photo Page

The FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 8 Clover Blossom & Colt's Corral Photo Page

Old 03-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Anael, oooooh, what a beautiful clover blossom you did, nice, nice job!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:13 PM

Default week 8 blocks

Here are my blocks for this week. I am in awe of everyones blocks mine are ok but not the quality that everyone elses are. I am still happy with them since this is my first real quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 008-820x615-.jpg   009-640x480-.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cookie LM View Post
Here are my blocks for this week. I am in awe of everyones blocks mine are ok but not the quality that everyone elses are. I am still happy with them since this is my first real quilt.
CookieLM ... you're doing fine! We only get better, if we keep trying and practicing ... so ... at the end of this trail ride, take a look at your first blocks and you'll see how much you have improved along the journey. Have you tried PPing? That's how some of us are getting our blocks looking so accurate. We're all here and willing to help you, just send some smoke signals!!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Cookie when we see your first 15 we will be able to see how well you have picked your colors. You have been selecting fabrics with a lot of contrast (as in both of these blocks) which draws attention to the pieced designs! Way to go.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Cookie when we see your first 15 we will be able to see how well you have picked your colors. You have been selecting fabrics with a lot of contrast (as in both of these blocks) which draws attention to the pieced designs! Way to go.

Oh yes! I know
CookieLM's blocks are going to look incredibly beautiful together!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 PM

Cookie, I love your blocks and the colors you're using. If this was my first quilt, I'd have run when I saw the first block!! I think you're doing a super job and like QE said, we're here to help. Wow--I can't believe this is your first quilt!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 PM

Aneal - Such a pretty Clover Blossom! Those pretty little white flowers are just the right touch!

Windiq - The 4 blocks were 7 3/4" X 7 3/4" each. I don't remember what I subcut the 4 patch. I just moved the ruler till it looked right. CJ's tut is easy to follow. After I finished it I measured it & trimmed it down to 8 1/2 "

Cookie - Such original lovely blocks! Great colors! First quilt! WoW!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
CookieLM ... you're doing fine! We only get better, if we keep trying and practicing ... so ... at the end of this trail ride, take a look at your first blocks and you'll see how much you have improved along the journey. Have you tried PPing? That's how some of us are getting our blocks looking so accurate. We're all here and willing to help you, just send some smoke signals!!
Thanks QuiltE I tried pping my block was off so I redid it. Guess I need practice pping. Thanks for the great comments. I did post all my blocks on the other page I think it is going to be Ok Thanks everyone for the responses to my blocks I do look forward to your sugestions as I want this to turn out nice. Thanks again everyone.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cookie LM View Post
Thanks QuiltE I tried pping my block was off so I redid it. Guess I need practice pping. Thanks for the great comments. I did post all my blocks on the other page I think it is going to be Ok Thanks everyone for the responses to my blocks I do look forward to your sugestions as I want this to turn out nice. Thanks again everyone.
CookieLM ... Here's my story ... A year ago, I had absolutely no use for PPing. Believe me, as I wouldn't even consider a pattern that was PPing! And now, I sing a different song .... Dot-To-Dot meets Paint-By-Number! It took me awhile to get my own rhythm with it, and now I see it as a totally easy-peasy way of piecing .... even y-seams! The results are so worthwhile. That alone was my inspiration to work thru the perspiration of the challenge, and I am so glad I did. You will be too!!!

Here's the Milestone Thread ... we'd love to see your bunch together!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...l-t181065.html

JanRN is our new PP Queen ...... perhaps she'll share some words of wisdom??

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-02-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:34 AM

Cookie...what a great way to do your first quilt. You're doing great!