Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 01-13-2020, 11:08 PM

Thanks SBG!
Old 01-15-2020, 06:55 AM

I seem to be getting notifications but not instantly. I get a notification for all the posts that happened the day before.

I have a few pictures of my 'new' breakfast area;

Old 01-15-2020, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

I don't know what's going on with the notifications. PatriceJ said they were gone. I don't get them anyway, but prefer to log in to the site directly and check what's new from there, so I wouldn' know how the notifications are operating now, if at all.

Lovely pics, Bev. Is that a new bonus room? Your cute doggie seems very happy in it.

I started to quilt a big quilt for our house yesterday. I had 3 that I was procrastinating on.... And this first one is turning out so cute! It has lots of framed 9 patches, and I did brackets on the frames. They look like actual picture frames now! And it wasn't hard.... Will work more on that one after work today.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:21 AM

Bev your room looks very cozy!! What did you say the room was before?

I have been getting notifications also, but randomly...sometimes a couple a day and sometimes not until the next day. I just try to remember to check the site in the evenings if I haven't gotten anything all day.

I finally have a home day today. Getting things done around the house and then will go to my craft room this afternoon and hopefully make some progress on the t-shirt quilt...
Old 01-15-2020, 08:43 AM

Thanks guys! This used to be our Den. We had a sectional in here & the TV was at an angle in the corner where the wardrobe is. It was crowded to say the least. We had decided to move the TV into the living room & our satellite contract was up so we set that up. When we told DD that we were gonna do this she said that this is the time to paint. She was right. We have decided that we are gonna start doing a bit of painting at each of our houses in a rotation. Next we are gonna paint DM's Den, then DD's bathroom & bedroom and then something else here at my house. Then back to DM's house........ DD & DH are already talking about doing my kitchen next when it is my house's turn. It does look awful next to this lovely breakfast area!
Old 01-15-2020, 11:08 AM

Bev - that room really looks great! It is so much fun to have a new surrounds to look at.

I also started getting notifications again.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:16 PM

Here are the first two blocks of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Frolic:

Attached Thumbnails frolic-1.jpg  
Old 01-17-2020, 11:24 PM

Jeanie! Your Frolic blocks are just wonderful! I have the fabric bought, some of it is even washed, & the clues saved on my computer. I have enjoyed getting the clues every week.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-18-2020 at 04:07 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 01-18-2020, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

Great blocks, Jeanie. As usual, the 'reveal' is a surprise. It's growing on me, tho. I downloaded all the clues for later, should I decide to make one.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:40 PM

JeanieG, I like your blocks. I think the people who had a contrast between their green and their blue have the nicest blocks. Some of the lighter blue that is the same tone as the green means the 'ring' around the star is not so visible.

It's a cute block/sashing. There sure was a lot of sewing left to do when BH posted the reveal! I prefer to use correct patch sizes rather than cut off blocks like she suggested to do for the setting triangles. But, doing it the way she suggested is an easier way to write directions, I guess.

Becky from QuiltedTwins uses the 'cutting of a pieced block' method for setting triangles a lot in her patterns. If you plan to make an 'improv' quilt with cut offs like she does, it seems the fastest way to go for making pieced setting triangles though.

Last edited by givio; 01-19-2020 at 05:43 PM.