Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 01-23-2020, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Bev...your energy level is so high! I'm exhausted reading what you are doing!
Old 01-23-2020, 11:35 AM

I really miss our Block(s) of the week that we did with the Farmer's Wife Samplers. I was much more motivated to keep quilting. Right now, after I get Frolic completed, I will be back at all my quilts that need to be sandwiched and quilted. I did finish up all my table runners and tablecloths that I had started and not finished in the past years, all I have left are quilts - 14 in total. Good Grief!!!! At least some of them are lap quilts LOL!

Bev - all those BOM's will surely keep you busy! I agree with OK, you do have a high energy level. I use to, but as I age, my energy level has diminished.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:03 PM

OK, I'm a dizzy blond. Yup my dizziness is much worse today. I think it is because of looking up while painting. We thought we were gonna finish up today but DM changed her mind & does want the trim painted. She's right, it looks dingy now that the walls are painted. I actually thought from the first that it needed to be done. She was insisting that it was "fine". Well it's not fine! We will get a li'le bit done tomarrow but not much as DSonIL got home & he wants to have his family home on weekends. Yes he will be home for a week & a half but his weekends are special to him. Anyway I will be taking DM to Midland on Monday (she has a Dr appointment) & I will leave her there. We will finish the painting the during the rest of the week. DD & I have decided that we will also paint the ceiling & bookshelves. DM is still saying that those are "fine". Again those aren't fine. We are hoping that we will have time to paint one of the 2 bathrooms also. We will see.
I'm thinking of sleeping sitting up tonight. I'm not sure if that means sleeping in DH's recliner, sleeping on the couch or piling pillows up in the bed. The pillow method sometimes results in me scooting down & sleeping normally for at least a few hours. I'm afraid that if I sleep in the recliner that my arms will go to sleep. If I sleep on the couch I am gonna be sleeping on my side so some of that stuff will be draining to one ear or the other. At least I'm not having asthma!

Old 01-27-2020, 03:56 PM

I do think we all keep busy, and admire one another when they post their successes. I am slowly making progress with Bonnie Hunter's Frolic, now on clue 6, flying geese. about more than half done. Snowbound helps in getting more done. DH does not let me go to town, fear we will go into a ditch and he doesn't think he could get both of us out of it! Roof has a big snowdrift on it and its bending a 'pole down 45 degree angle, don't know what the round open pole is for, in the kitchen garage area.that goes through the roof. Everything should melt down by the 1st, and hopefully, we can figure it out then. Its an all electric house, no gas stove to vent.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a vent pipe for your plumbing, Sue. It's important so bent doesn't sound too good. Might need to replace it now.

Bev, new projects are fun. A 30" square quilt doesn't sound like too much of a commitment.

I have UFOs all sandwiched now and am determined to get them quilted before starting any new ones. At an estate sale this weekend I picked up a bolt of vintage muslin... very nice stuff... so hopefully I can use that to join my FW 30's blocks and get that finished. I want to keep the 30's look, and that muslin looks like it will do the trick.

Went to see my babies this past weekend. Millie is now crawling up the stairs, and she sometimes practices standing without holding on to anything. Ivy has learned to whistle, but at 9 mos she isn't crawling yet. Wish she would start. She weighs 20 lbs and is 29" tall, so she's getting really big and heavy to lug around. Both girls are absolutely darling.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:30 AM

I'm still dizzy! Its getting worse. On Sunday I was dizzy all morning. Yesterday I was dizzy in the afternoon. On Sunday afternoon I worked on that BOM from the LQS. Here is the link to the pattern; https://www.bitsnpieces.net/Catalogu...7#.XjBDuhd7kRV
It was really neat to just start sewing as all the pieces were already cut. f

I have decided to try to finish BH's Good Fortune as my Ender & Leader project so I made 5 of the chain blocks.

This is 4 of 'em. (One isn't pressed yet.) The 5th one is still under the needle waiting to be my next Leader.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-28-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: pics were hosted offsite
Old 01-28-2020, 06:31 AM

Yesterday I did nothing. Nothing at all.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

Sometimes rest is good, dublb. Your BH blocks are very bright and cheery.

Oh and the big block...we have that fabric at the LQS and I have been drooling over one of the navy fabrics...the one with some swirls and a bit of pink. I also love the pink and navy piece you have in the corner. The light background fabrics are fabrics I should get as well!

SBG...funtime with the grands! 10 yo Avery was here Saturday morning. After sledding down the driveway (a nice hill that leads to a less traveled gravel road) several times she came in all rosy and smiley. We headed to the family room and started picking up. Much of it my mess as I used the small table as a landing spot as I have been reorganizing. She is my cleaner, so she started sorting out the toys...legos, doll clothes, etc as I cleaned out my things. Pleased to say the table is now ready for them to use. It will be my "big" cutting station. I've used it to cut some binding and trim a couple of quilts I LA over the weekend. Now to get the bindings on.

Have a great day.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:00 AM

Isn't it nice to get things nice & clean so ya can work. My biggest problem is figuring where I put everything that I put up.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:45 PM

Yes, I'll agree with that-- when I put things away, sometimes I don't know where. :-)

Today I've sent a quilt top to a LA in TN. It's my first time trying her service. Her business is called Cross and Crown, which made me think she was a Christian, and she said she was. I'm still loathe to do my own quilting...It just doesn't interest me to do it, and I guess I have plenty of other things on the fire. The worst is I have a tight budget. She charges a penny a square inch. We can see how long she takes, and I'll update you about her quality when I get the top back.

Last edited by givio; 02-01-2020 at 03:49 PM.