Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-20-2015, 07:19 AM

Ok, that is used T-shirts??? Or the thirty quilt blocks??? With my eyes it could be either one.

Missed a call from the skin doctor and called back but they would pull my chart and call me back. Mmmmm they called me. ??????? time will tell.

Have a great day.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 AM

OK, Your T-shirts remind me of the times DS's friends would stick their finger in a teeny hole in his t-shirt and tear it to make bigger holes..

Nina, hope the call will be good news..
Old 01-20-2015, 09:59 AM

Confusion at the Dr.'s office. Biopsy was cancer so they will remove the cells from the right side of the nose and under my right jaw, nurse that called did not know I was scheduled for this Friday. The right jaw place is hurting, so I am spraying Bactine on it. Hopefully, I will be done and good to go for six months to a year. Nice to get it all behind me, so I can have a better year; a rough being of the year, means a good finishing year.

Not much rain this month so far, so guess that means another dry, dry year to grow any garden. One more warm day, and the temps go down a bit for the week...I guess. Weather man or woman does not live here, so wait and see what happens. Take care, everyone.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:27 PM

Oh Sue, I am still prayin' for ya. HUGGS
Yesterday I got out my top that I made outta the first swap we had. LOL I thought I had the back sewn tagether. Nope. I also had a spot that part o' the border wasn't attached. I had ta take part o' it out & fix it. Well I now have that fixed & the 2 pieces o' the backin' pressed & ready ta sew tagether. I did git a bit teary when I saw the block that Gardner Gal made. I also realized that the Celtic Knot quilt design that #1DSon drew for me was a touch too big so I had ta git it reduced on my copy machine. I plan on doin' SID between the blocks on my machine then I will hand quilt each o' the blocks. I have wanted a hand quilt project for quite a bit now & this one is just for me.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:08 AM

I have not gone to the barber or beauty shop since last of October, and my hair is about four inches longer than I like so we are off to treat ourselves to a hair cut today. Joy. take care and have a good day.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:52 AM

You, have a good day Nina, you deserve it!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:41 PM

Snowy & sort of cold here (30* which isn't too bad) so have been sewing a lot. Found the patterns from QOTS they had a year or so ago, Compass Stars so I've been making some. I really don't need more 12" blocks but they're pretty neat.

Hair cut---wow do I need one. We don't have a humidifier on our furnace so there's so much static electricity. And my hair is so long and fuzzy I look like Jimi Hendrix in drag. I have bowls of water on some of the radiators but it really doesn't help much.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:14 PM

I need a hair cut also! It'll be a bit before I can git one as I spent my haircut money on battin'. LOL
We are always' findin' stuff about this house. Last wek we noticed a pipe on the heater. It occured ta us that it was for a humidifier. So we looked at one o' the switches that we don't know what they are for. It had percentage numbers & was near the heater closet so we set it at 30% & boy do we both feel better.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:30 PM

Jan, Get yourself a steam humidifier and keep it going.. it really helps.. I have 2 of them going especially on bitter cold days when the humidity is very dry outside & when we have the fireplace going .

I am working all day tomorrow.. I hope the roads are nice & clear. I am bringing my scrappy squares in to starch, press & cut for the mystery train ride.. I am almost behind.. I had to dig deep in the pile to get 24 lights...I'll take some pics tomorrow.. I hope to have fun.. I'm working for one of the gals that suddenly took ill.
See ya tomorrow H.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:48 PM

I hope ya had a great day at work taday Anne.
It's snowin' taday. Not hard & it's not accumulating a'tall. It means moisture! Yeah! I am a bit worried about the roads tamarrow. It is supposed ta freeze tanight.
My DNiece came th'smornin' & we worked on her projects. Other than that I have been hibernatin'. Well until it was time ta go & git my DGNephew. LOL I guess I have been on Aunt duty taday.