Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 08-07-2013, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
JeanieG ... Yessssssssss!! pleased you should be ... it looks wonderful. Look forward to seeing it all quilted up. I think tmro/Thursday is THE day your cupboards are to be shipped! Yippeeeee!!!!
And (drum roll please) they are suppose to be delivered on Monday!!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Power Poster

Great quilting mirabelle and the little purse is just darling!

Stunning star block QE. Are you going to QAYG?

How different PC #2 is from the PC#1 Jeanie. The blue really corrals all the colors in! Can't wait to see it quilted. It won't be long and you will be cooking in your new kitchen!

Mesmerizing Youtube dublb simply mesmerizing.

Okay have my flimsy done--didn't take near as long to do as others but long enough for a 14" square. Center LC blocks total of 272 pieces of fabric.[ATTACH=CONFIG]428946[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 007.jpg  
Old 08-07-2013, 10:54 PM

JeanieG your PC #2 is beautiful, you should be proud of it. Roll on next week for kitchen cupboards to arrive..

Bev thanks for the youtube clip, it is amazing, we have flooding here and it is such a sight to see debris in the trees after the waters recede.

Oksewglad thank you for letting me know about the FB quilt of the day, I love your mini, just perfect

QuiltE that is one beautiful block, are you getting a head start ?? on us. I plan on not adding the corner triangles until I have a setting in mind..
Old 08-08-2013, 04:51 AM

Jeanie, that PC quilt is beautiful. I love the sashing and borders--the quilt looks bright and cheery. Hooray for the cabinets coming soon!

QE, like the SYE! I don't know what you're doing with the triangles--senior blondes in the morning aren't able to think clearly.

OK, that mini is striking. Lots of contrast yet soft and pretty. I have a question for you about EQ7. When printing pp patterns is there a way to get them on separate sheets of paper? Whenever I print them there's no rhyme or reason to them and I have to tape them together before I use them; they're just printed as one large block but get divided up by the different pages. My DSM hates sewing over tape and skips stitches and of course I forget the tape is there and iron over it. A I missing something in "Option" that would allow me to print the pattern differently? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
And (drum roll please) they are suppose to be delivered on Monday!!!!!
JeanieG .... And that will be one BIG
Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
And then when for installation?

OKSGlad ... And a fine Little Flimsy it is! Such precision! No not QAYG!

JanRN ... I can't help you with EQ though I know the tape problem. I solved that by using painter's tape. It doesn't dissolve with the heat of the iron. I keep it handy, as a band-aid, when a PP starts to fall apart before I am done! After your morning java, I'm sure your brain will fire up! Rosie today?

About my Spike ... It's a one-off, though I kind of like the yellow for the background of the Real Spike. Not sure if I'd have enough though. So this morning, I sat and stared at it, trying to think of HOW one would quilt it, other that SITD.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:15 AM

Mirabelle, perfect quilting and such a lovely tote! I really should come and visit you, you can teach me FMQ

Jeanie, lovely PC flimsie and finally the kitchen will soon look like a kitchen again!

OK, beautiful! You make such gorgeous little quilts!

I'm off to the vet with KK. CU later
Old 08-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

Morning all--Jan I have the same problem EQ paper printing. I've checked Options to see if there's something I can do differently too. On some of the patterns you can move/and or rotate the pieces--click on the Move button at top of print page; but often times that just shuffles pieces around and doesn't solve the problem.

Have cucumbers to pickle today--later.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

A thought for the EQ dilemma ........ what about taping them together, and then copying them with your printer. OR scan them in, and have them permanently saved for when you want to use the pattern again.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:07 AM

QuiltlE, that does not work for patterns over 8 1/2 by 11 inches, page size. Yes, GG, is right you can move the pieces around to paper piece in preview mode, but you cannot exceed the size of a sheet of paper...you have to glue it together. I use Elmer's stick glue on a quarter inch overlap.

You can print the pp pattern off as many times as you want, print a preview of the 'puzzle' laid out square with the pp so it is easier to put together.

Love the little mini, OksewGlad. You are a wise GM to let the dgchildren tell you what interests them, and go from there in the sewing lessons....same is true of reading habits for children, you encourage their interests and let them go their pace.

Loved your German rooster, Anael. I have a set of rooster patterns to do someday; I ask the designer when the hens would be coming and she replied she had a few in mind after the roosters...but never have seen them yet. My SIL before she disowned me, gave me a lot of 'chicken' things for my kitchen. Mainly, roosters. The rooster does all the crowing, the hen does all the work.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

Yes correct, QNSue ... however, the way I read it was that this was when the pattern consolidated many onto on piece of paper, and yet the individual piece would have fit on a regular page.

If it fits on an 8-1/2x14" piece, then copy it onto that.

Another that I have done ... my printer can only scan letter sized paper, yet I can print on legal as well as letter.
So for the one I did for the August MB ... I drew it on taped together graph paper.
Then went to Staples, reduced it 50% for a 6" finished.
Then brought that one home and scanned it in.
Now I can print as many as I want at 200% onto legal size paper.

Necessity ... the Mother of invention!