Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-25-2016, 04:05 PM

I too hope that Honchey can get out soon.
I painted another coat in the entrance hall today. I thought it was the last but it looks a tiny bit splotchy to me, so I guess I need to go & buy a pint to do another coat.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:17 PM

The driveway has been plowed..Haleluyah! I haven't been out in the elements yet..Tomorrow I'm going out to pick up a bag of yarn from freecycle for the group in NC.. They knit & crochet all sorts of stuff for the hospice & hospitals in the area..

I've been busy getting my stuff together for NC little by little.. The winters down there the last couple of years has been cooler than normal so I still have to pack winter clothing..

I started a long time ago sewing 2.5" candies into 5x5's and I've been playing with them the last couple of days and now I have 20 of them put together and still have enough for another 50 ..Where did they all come from??? I know I was in a few swaps but I didn't think that there were so many.. I keep on finding little baggies of them...

Jan, I tried Sulky embroidery thread and found I didn't like the texture and my machines don't like it.. I use the Robison-Anton thread..
Old 01-25-2016, 08:25 PM

That's too much news from everyone... I can't keep up. :-)
Old 01-26-2016, 07:59 AM

That is alright, Givio. We chat away, without any tests given on any subject on line here. I might ever repeat myself from time to time. This senior is just getting older everyday, recognizing fewer days to look forward too, planning on enjoying every moment I have left to live. Live is good to laugh and love the things we enjoy doing. Taking an interest in quilting, and each other lives that we have been the part of for several years now...I think Honchey said five and half years. It is almost like an extended family to me.

Everyone have a good day. Dublb, remember you are closer to getting moved to Brady every trip you make. Honchey, I think I know what to do with my baby yarn now; thinking of shipping it to you in NC and letting the people there knit or crochet it up for children who need it. Looking hard to JeanieG ideals of stripping out all the 'extra' stash in the the guest bedroom.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:07 AM

Latest layout for star quilts...DH came into my craft room last weekend after I had all the blocks sewn into rows...a purple quilt and a blue quilt. He said something like "I saw this earlier when I turned your heater up for you and wondered how it would look if the rows were alternated...but didn't think you would like it very much if I moved them around"... I said "Go for it....since they are just up on the flannel display wall it is pretty easy to put them back." As he was doing it I said something about I was just thinking "His and Hers"...he replies, "but this way it is more like ours". I thought that was sweet since these are for OUR bed. So will probably finish this way.
Attached Thumbnails img_0222.jpg   img_0224.jpg  
Old 01-26-2016, 11:22 AM

OH Carrie I looooove 'em. He was so sweet to want the quilts to be "ours."
Old 01-26-2016, 12:23 PM

And everytime you look at the quilt, you will remember what he said: "Ours" and smile again. Very sweet.

Honchey,Bubby's Mom wants to know where to post for today. Please. Thank you.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:26 PM

They will appreciate it..They make: Chemo caps & booties..knitted hats for the Women's Shelters & their children. they also knit or crochet blankets for Carolina Comfort..they in turn distribute them to the different organizations that request them..We are getting quite popular in the area and the different organization are now asking us for specific items...

We also make flannel teddy bears that have hand embroidered faces on them for the kids in the local hospital, stuffed heats for the Cancer patients..We are a very active group..about 20 in all about 6-8 are the knitters & crocheters and the rest are quilters..
Last year I cut & sewed about 30 adult bibs for the assisted living & hospice..
I will PM you my NC address...I think you may have it but just to be safe when you need it
Old 01-26-2016, 12:27 PM

Oh S--T I forgot it was Tuesday..I'm going now...
Old 01-26-2016, 01:02 PM

Thanks, Honchey. I know you were snow bound, and just got out today, or that was your plan.

I have several patterns by Carolyn ? that let groups make stuffed animals for children's benefit. We (After Hour Quilters) made a large number of simple teddy bears for the police dept. to give to children taken from homes when couples fought and was taken to jail, and the children to welfare foster homes...also when fires forced the family out of their homes. I think that chapter is still active in Corpus Christi, Tx. I will go through things in guest room with that in mind... and see what I come up with that I can mail to you. I will let you know when I am ready to mail it.