Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-26-2016, 02:35 PM

Carrie, I love love love the new layouts--awesome color combo and very interesting layout with lots of movement. I think your DH has a very good eye! All MrJan says is "that's nice, Hon", not an artistic bone in his body LOL. I just love those colors together.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:29 PM

My loving dh for look for points not matching and call my attention to them and then says, "Not bad for a blind person!" He repeated that to me this late afternoon again. Gee, like I cannot see it to tell what is off a bit? Its its not major off, I let it go and make a humble quilt handmade or rather, home made with flaws and all...
Old 01-27-2016, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Carrie, those "solid" fabrics are so rich looking...perfect for your blocks...I'd say Mrcarriem is a keeper when it comes to critiquing..MrOK is welll MrOK...answers much like MrJanRN...

Just printed 40 pages of accounting entries...yeah bookwork for 2015 drawing to a close...appt tomorrow...I'm going to go play in my fabrics.

We can blame Honchey's forgetfulness on cabin fever......

If interested I delivered these to school yesterday

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...l-t275072.html

Enjoy listening to everyone's activities...take care.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:51 PM

Love your mini's OK.... I was out all day yesterday..love the fresh air..needed it after being in for several days...

Carrie, The "our" quilts will be beautiful when finished...they are so "royal" looking..
Old 01-28-2016, 02:35 PM

OK, love those minis but had to smile when I saw your pp LOVE---when I was making my Pirates banner it took me three tries to get the "P" facing the right way. If I'd have made your mini it would have said EVOL!! I have so much trouble with reverse images; if letters aren't involved I don't worry about it.

Lots of sunshine today, felt really good but getting some snow overnight. But big warm up for the week-end. Got started quilting another table runner; using ConnectingThreads thread, so far so good.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

LOL, Jan...the first seam I sewed in LOVE I had to take out....yup backwards...Thanks ladies...
Old 01-28-2016, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the compliments. DH is pretty good at helping out with the layouts if I ask him when he is in the right mood. My son is really good with putting fabrics/colors together so I like taking him to the quilt shop...but he doesn't like that too much. lol

OK...I agree those are some more great minis. Don't forget to let us know how they did at the school. Maybe someday I will attempt one. Do you do them mostly by hand or machine?
Old 01-28-2016, 06:07 PM

I did get a li'le bit of painting done this morning. It is a small place that I am painting now.
This afternoon I took my DSis to have her nose biopsied. They had a hard time getting it numb.
She was in a li'le bit of pain. I think that her blood pressure went up too. I asked 'em to take it but they didn't have a cuff! I know that this was a dermatologist office but all DR.'s should have a blood pressure cuff!

Old 01-28-2016, 06:40 PM

dublb--you sure have been busy painting and taking care of your family...make sure you take a little time for yourself too.

My MIL had a biopsy on Tuesday, we go in to get the results of that tomorrow...abnormal spot during her mammogram in December and then the follow up mammogram and ultrasound last week.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
I did get a li'le bit of painting done this morning. It is a small place that I am painting now.
This afternoon I took my DSis to have her nose biopsied. They had a hard time getting it numb.
She was in a li'le bit of pain. I think that her blood pressure went up too. I asked 'em to take it but they didn't have a cuff! I know that this was a dermatologist office but all DR.'s should have a blood pressure cuff.

I had a spot removed from my nose as well some years back. It hurts so much to get those shots in your nose!!! My eyes were watering!