Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-05-2016, 06:00 AM

It is cold outside right now but very sunny All my 30's sewing is still in the car waiting to be unpacked. I think it's time to get it all in the house... Have to wait until DH gets back from the DR's..Now it's time for me to post the new thread...
Old 04-05-2016, 08:11 AM

Thanks, Honchey. I have posted. I also checked in with Jenny Beyer this morning and ordered High Tea, templates, fabric, and turn tables for the eight and twelve inch squares and their diamond templates featured this week. I think it was an F A R T trip without leaving home! And ordered the short cut sheets from Carla to speed up my quilting pace. LOL! That Jenny Beyer monthly newsletter is always tempting quilting stuff... oh, well, you only live one time around, might as well enjoy it when we can! Quilt friends always understand!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:46 AM

I won't be able to get into my quilting domain for another two weeks or so. I think the cabinets are going to be installed tomorrow and the granite top will take at least another two weeks, oh lord. I am dying to go create something. I will be able to empty all the bins tho and put into the cabinets and not all the stuff has to go back right? lol. I can't wait. I am so tired of work work work. Every time you turn around there is something else to do lol.....so while I wait for the counter top, I can do some sewing or whatever in my studio. I can't believe all the stuff that came out of the cabinets.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:31 AM

Good morning, hope all is well with yinz! After going to the quilting expo last week you'd think I'd be "shopped out". Nope. FART today to my favorite shop that sells miles of batiks--when I walk in I hear angels singing! Since I didn't purchase much except patterns last week, I need more fabric to make all those new patterns. At least that's what I told MrJan. He asked his usual question when I told him I was going: do you need money? And for the first time I said yes LOL!! Kind of surprised him but he handed over cash--he's such an enabler and encourages me so much (even tho his comments on my project are usually a "that's nice, hon").

Have a great day ladies, do something you love!
Old 04-06-2016, 05:05 AM

Tell us about it when you get back home JanRN. Nice attitude your dh has...wish my dh had a good attitude like that! Oh, well we are still together, cannot stop trying yet to have him cheerier.

Anxious to see the "High Tea" fabric and pattern from Jenny Beyer and two turn tables, an eight and twelve inch I have wanted forever. And the pattern of the Lone Star from Soft Expressions That is pre-printed foundation pattern. Quilter 65 is heading up a class on that April 25th...so I ordered the Queen and a King size...will use Ann's shop for fabric for one of them. And the pages of 'short cuts" from Carla which I hope will allow me to cut a quilt in a day...or so. Spring has sprung, and I am ready to go....onward! Reorganizing the quilt room one more time! Dh did not want to discard the old entertainment TV stand four foot (tall) by 12 inches, (wide) so its coming into the QR. Will use the shelves to put fabric on, hopefully. l l that I can see it (with my one eye) and not lose it in-house!

Everyone has a nice day!
Old 04-06-2016, 01:35 PM

Great FART today. I finally decided on the sashing, cornerstones, and borders for FWS 30s. The sashing will be black, borders are a subtle black, pale yellow, pale green, pale pinkish swirls. The cornerstones will be mostly pale yellow with swirls of the different shades of green and pink. This isn't going to be a "quiet" quilt LOL but very colorful.

QNS, I'm interested in that Lone Star pattern that is preprinted. When you get it, let me know what you think. I swear I'm never making a large quilt again but I love Lone Stars and this sounds like an intriguing way of doing it rather than with all those bias diamond shapes.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

There are several areas of the board I don't understand although I've been a member for years. This thread is one of them... Can someone explain it to a nosy outsider like me? Is this just a chat group of friends?

Many thanks.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:54 PM

Sewbizgirl, we (original group) started with the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt by Laura Aaron Hird. Second book of her's was the Farmer's Wife Pony Club, thus the name of this one. Although most of us have never met the rest of us, we have remained QB 'buddies' under the PC title because we have not all finished our PC quilts yet. I have my top all finished waiting to take it to a LA who did the FWSQ for me. When Laura Aaron Hird came out with her third book, Honchey started another thread for the FW 1930. We are doing the sixties numbered blocks in that now and it ends with 99 blocks... in time to begin Laura Aaron Hird's forth coming fourth book.... Others are welcome to join in and begin the first, second or third book with us...several newbies have joined us in discussions here. Hope this helps to explain our thread here. Some 'Look and Read' what we say and never join into the discussion...which is fine, too. It is totally up to the individual on what they do or do not do on site. We do pass on tips, products, or recipes that we have found along the way. You are welcome to join in on our discussions...and hope you enjoy what you have read.

So far, QB has been very kind to us and we all appreciate that, and try to follow their rules to the letter.

My DH and myself, celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary last week, this group lead by Honchey, was very kind to us by mailing us cards plus a Red Lobster card where we love to eat once or twice a year. Honchey, I mailed out small packets to each of you today to say 'Thank you', so everyone needs to watch for them that contributed; you know who you are. Not priority mail, but please let me know by PM or email if you do not receive it.

JanRN, I have seen the Soft Expressions preprinted 'cloth' foundation for the Lone Star, Queen size, and love it. Quilter 65 showed us what she had started in our Stack 'Whack class she taught, so we ask for this one, too. It is very simple to do and it keeps the diamonds all lined up correctly. It is offered as a Queen or King size right now and is reasonably priced...four quarters or six quarters.

Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 04-06-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Thank you, QuiltingNinaSue, for that nice explanation. I have enjoyed the little bit I've read from this knowledgeable group. So, if I scroll through the pages I expect I will find the blocks you have made and shared? I would love to get the 1930's book and try some of those with my growing collection of reproduction prints.

Glad I asked!

I know Honchey from the Birthday Candy Swap thread... or was it one of SheriR's candy swaps? Honchey was very generous with all of us and gave us fabric squares from her stash, even tho she didn't want any back! Hi Honchey!

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 04-06-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:17 PM

Hi Sewbiz, Welcome to this thread or any of the other "FWS" Quiltalongs.. QNS has explained this group very well..We all learn from each other and encourage others to join the journeys. It's best to stay with the current one as some have said the other threads are hard to find and there aren't any photos of the blocks that have been made.
What book do you have or are getting?

Nina, what have you heard about the next book.. I'll have to find out.. maybe I'll email Laurie and ask her myself.