Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

JeanieG, I am still trying to get my Allietare put together too. And I have a Grand Illusion plus two other Bonnie Hunter quilts to quilt-- Chunky Churndash and a Jacob's Ladder type quilt. I really procrastinate on those big ones.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:11 AM

Dublb, glad you signed in and told us your story. So sorry you hurt yourself; may it heal quickly.

Love Bonnie Hunter, but have not made a quilt of hers yet.

Starting to look at FW 1930 blocks, thinking I only need 94, not 99 and these might be great to skip and not make them. It's not coming together, cannot decide on colors, and its not an easy patterned block.

Tomorrow will be a 'cherry' day. And strawberries. No sewing expected to get done.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:57 AM

I printed the last of the FW 30's blocks last night! There are some really busy/hard ones coming up.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:25 PM
Power Poster

I guess I will be paper piecing all the rest of the blocks. I'm tired of investing in all the paper and ink that will only end up in the trash can. Glad the next sampler I make will be the Civil War blocks and there is no paper piecing... no waste!

It has been really fun to learn paper piecing with this book, but it does waste fabric, paper and ink. Back to regular piecing once this QAL is through.

I didn't get very far sandwiching my quilts today. The backing I wanted to use for one was too small a piece, so off I went to JoAnn's to see if they had any more of that fabric. It was the perfect fabric! At JoAnn's I was really sad to see that their fabric selection has gotten terrible. Use to be, you could hardly get at the fabric because the bolts were packed in so tightly. Now they have whole sections and the entire bottom row of fabrics just empty. There must be only about 1/3 of the quilting cottons that they used to have. They still have tons and tons of fleece and flannel, but where is the quilting cotton??? What a bad time to cut back on inventory so drastically, with all the Hancock's closing their doors on the 28th. I guess I'll be shopping my own stash more.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:47 AM

Today, JoAnn's has the premium fabric @ $6.99...
Old 06-13-2016, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Today, JoAnn's has the premium fabric @ $6.99...
The selection of premiums at our JoAnn's is about as wide as you can stretch your arms open. I hope the sale continues through the weekend. I should be in Memphis this weekend, and can check the stores up there.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

I am going to have a dilemma when it comes time to set these blocks into a quilt top. Some I like best on point, and some definitely look better NOT on point! Maybe I can figure out a layout with both options....
Old 06-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Oh my... been working on the two blocks for tomorrow's posting. These are a couple of Y-seam nightmares! I'm just holding my breath and trying to get them done. The first one of the pair just gave me fits putting it together. It's one of the asymetricals, so of course I forgot to reverse the pattern because the author failed to, and my block is totally backwards. I really struggled putting it together, because it was like a puzzle... confusing and backwards. Finally I laid it wrong side up and tried to piece it following the picture. Ugh. Glad it's over.

I do love both of those blocks, tho. They are beautiful. Just not fun to make. Those on the fence: Don't skip them! They are so pretty!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:05 PM

sewbizgirl - I'm working on that block as well - I also got it all backwards. Took a while to put together. Ugh!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:36 PM
Power Poster

Good luck Jeanie! I guess we'll see how we made out tomorrow...