Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 72 of 542 FirstFirst ... 22 62 71 72 73 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Prayers for the babies, Anael ... let those BBs give you a {{{{HUG}}}} from all of us.

The post office never has the mail sorted til mid afternoon ... so I will sit and wait and wonder having an anxiety attack til later this afternoon!

Muslin ... Please educate me, Ladies!!
    Some of you have requested muslin for your PCMR blocks .... or what acronym are we using?
    I have no problem going to buy it ... but I better know something about what to buy.
    To me, muslin is a really finely woven fabric that when it is washed it shrinks up, shrivels up, is super wrinkly and virtually impossible to get it back smooth and flat. Much like the sugar bags my mother used to wash and use for stuff.

I have a feeling this is NOT what you are requesting.

So please do tell me more!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 02-18-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QuiltE, The muslin on the market today has many different grades ..I think I asked the gals which muslin they prefer..bleached or natural..they haven't responded yet...
    Kona has a very nice muslin in both natural and bleached...Stay away from the very inexpensive ones..they are crappy!!! some of them will tell you on the bolt info what % of shrinkage...You'll know just by comparing them when you feel them...see how thin they are..check the cut edge and see how much it frays...it won't be hard to decide after handling the different ones...
    Last edited by Honchey; 02-18-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    QuiltE, The muslin on the market today has many different grades ..I think I asked the gals which muslin they prefer..bleached or natural..they haven't responded yet...
    Kona has a very nice muslin in both natural and bleached...Stay away from the very inexpensive ones..they are crappy!!! some of them will tell you on the bolt info what % of shrinkage...
    Thanks Honchey ... I don't recall seeing any, but perhaps I thought it was just a cream fabric?

Muslin Ladies ... we await your further info and guidance on how to shop!

Guess what? I hit the big SIX-Oh this weekend ...... PC blocks, that is!
    Am heading off to post #59+60 including a late Valentine for you Ladies .... and then to the group shot of the first sixty.

Thought you might like to see what the view out of my sewing area is like right now!
    Quite the contrast to those woodland flower shots from last spring!!!
    Name:  ViewIntoBush (2).JPG
Views: 84
Size:  1.60 MB
    Last edited by QuiltE; 02-18-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Wow, lots of snow....Muslin is generally kept separate from other cottons..could be near the solid colors and might have several shades of off white, cream, beige...the white muslin is just white...the thread count is known to be less that regular quilting cotton...it's less $ than quilting cotton...like I mentioned before many grades..quilt shops I would think carry a better grade than you would get at a discount store...

Beautiful, QuiltE, just beautiful winter scene, so peaceful and undisturbed by animal or man. Beautiful to see when you don't have to drive in it.

Hugs from across the big pond to Anael; our prayers are with you...and the little ones.

BIL is here helping DH with his computer woes on the old machine; so have to fix a bit of lunch for them...have it in the oven so I can continue in my sewing room. DD is working as fast as she can building her Dad a new computer. Good news that she will deliver it as soon as possible and we will get to visit after she fixes all programs he wants on it.

Back to working on Farmers Scrap Quilt pattern.

Blog Entries
    Every morning we include Bram and Isa in our prayers and today is no exception.
    I got my PCMR block done last night it's in an envelope--now don't loose the envelope!!
    I just did a tally by going through old posts. Are QE and mirabelle the only 2 who haven't received their BB's? Today's national holiday in USA shouldn't affect their delivery. Come on Pony Express; ride;ride and deliver those BB's post haste!
    Emily doesn't have school today so guess what we are doing today? Working on GPa's quilt. I should have Elise down too so I can start working with her. One of the things I liked about my old Viking was the slow gear. Kids could sew a slower speed and so boosted their confidence. The Janome has been a good purchase though.
    Tomorrow my QB's and I are going to have our monthly sew in. Not sure what L has in store for us. Often get more talking done than sewing!!
    Speaking of puppies. This is what we found about a month ago. Border Collie puppies--who wants one?Name:  404441_4164230273693_394474862_n resized.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  59.7 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Anael, more prayers for Bram and Isa. So sorry about Isa needing the surgery, how scary is that!!!! Come on Bram, fight that fungus! HUGS for all of you!!!!

OMG, OK, they are wonderful puppies! Don't want a dog, but love them anyway!

QuiltE - we NEVER have snow where I live! That looks gorgeous. For many years we would travel around 4 hours to a cabin and spend a long weekend, just so we could enjoy the snow!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

They don't fit into a flat rate oksewglad otherwise I would love to have one
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Pupppieeeeeeeeeees!!!
    Just the five pups? or more? ... with so much white, perhaps fathered by the travelling man?
    Brings back a lot of memories of our ol' faithful Susie-dog and puppies she had when I was a kid. Enjoyed many hours in the barn with them just as your Grands are!

Does your Janome not have the little slide near the top that you can slow the stitch speed down. I've had it on my last two, and often slow it down according to what I am doing. Another possibility ... could you put something in the footpedal so if she presses all the way down it will prevent full speed?

It was such a picture perfect day as I looked out, I just "had" to take the pic!
    and again today, another brrrrrrrrrrrr but beautiful day.

Anael, hopefully this surgery will let Isa grow stronger each day, she won't be fighting the ductus. Poor Bram-fungus infections can take forever to clear. Lots of prayers and positive vibes being sent for all of you.

Thanks for the question/response about muslin. I know at LQS & Joanne's it's separate from the quilting fabrics. Just need to know if the recipients want bleached or unbleached.

OK, those puppies are adorable but NO MORE for us. Patches has become such high maintenance since last July (only has 2 1/2 good legs; peeing is a challenge for a male dog that can only lean). I'll miss him terribly when he's gone but I'll just remind myself of this stage of a dog's life and won't want another one. (I think....)

QE, beautiful pic but I have enough of my own snow to look out at LOL!!! I think I'll send some to Jeanie!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    ...........QE, beautiful pic but I have enough of my own snow to look out at LOL!!! I think I'll send some to Jeanie!!
    And perhaps we should both box some up and send it off to MiraB too!!!

Honestly, the snow isn't anywhere near as deep as some years!

I want unbleached muslin so that I can make a quilt for the house in Brady that looks a bit older. I'm so sorry I didn't make that clear before.
    I want it ta snow here just ta git the moisture onta the ground. I don't want ta go out in it. It is purdy though, isn't it?

Puppies!!!!!! They make me smile, but I don't want ta train another puppy just now. Annie is just now settelin' down.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH....beautifulpuppies !! Love a dog in a new york minute...but dh might not care for anymore after his last two he had to destroy. Love border collies...one would make me a nice pet, inside and out. Would have to neuter or spray, so it would be the only one. It would get spoiled and overfed here. Looks like each grandchild has hers or his pick in their hands.

Unbleached muslin here runs about $1.99 a yard, I think; will be in town Wednesday, so let me know, QuiltE, if that is a good price for you...to receive across the the border...since I have to post the value on the letter....going across the border.

Anael I pray that God guides the surgeons hands and Isa recovers quickly, also that Bram has the strength to fight the infection. Hugs coming your way...

Beautiful puppies but we are definitely not having any more dogs, my Maltese Shitzu has heart problems and won't be with us much longer, he is almost 11 so a very old man in dog years.

Please Mister Postman (wasn't that a song long ago) bring a parcel to me

I have unbleached muslim in my stash, bought it some years ago when I participated in another swap.

Snow - yes please - we have had more than 40 inches of rain since the 1st January.
    Karen

Thanks all! Isa is doing ok, my DS called the hospital in Utrecht tonight. Bram is ok too. We will see what tomorrow brings. I'm trying to get some sleep now, tomorrow will be a very stressful day!

Anael ... yes, try hard to get some sleep, so you can face tomorrow.

MiraB ... A little moisture trivia for you .... it takes about ten inches of snow to equal one inch of rain!!!!

After seeing Anael had received her package, I was overly optimistic.
    I went to the post office.
    I came away from it

My my, Mirabelle 40 inches of rain..wouldn't that be 400 inches of snow!?

QNS--sorry, no fabric at the LQS for you...the couple I was thinking might be it were hay not fur.

QE--I left early so I could mail your package before work but forgot it was a holiday and the PO was closed so will have to mail your things a little later this week. Bummer on no BBs yet!! Maybe tomorrow...it seems like it has taken about a week when you send things here. Pretty snow picture. Not much snow here this winter...more expected later this week.

Anael--I am happy to hear your BBs arrived. Hopefully the box will follow shortly. Praying for sleep, surgery, and healing.

Mirabelle--hope your mailman brings your BBs soon!! Happy sewing for the time being.

OK--cute puppies. Two dogs is enough for us right now.

CarrieM ... our post office is normally late with the mail. Our post office has the most # of handovers from one depot to the next. I'll hope for tomorrow/Tuesday, though honestly, I'm not going to hold my breath on it!

Anael - Sigh o' relief for Isa comin' outa the surgery well. Prayers are still goin' out for her & Bram.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Bev, Isa didn't have her surgery yet, surgery is today (Tuesday)

Isa had surgery. She came out with flying colours Now it's time to recover and maybe she will be back on Friday if all goes well.

Anael that is the bestest news, here's hoping for a speedy recovery...
    Karen

Anael--praising God that Isa's surgery went well!!

Such good news, Anael.
    JanR and OK...I really appreciate some of your comments about the twins which come from your experience. I've never dealt with a struggling newborn and can't imagine what their care and response would be. Thank you.
    Well I was at my LQS yesterday for class and don't you know...come FQs just jumped into my basket with some of your names one them! Even got some cutting out done when I got home. I love to piece so guess what I will be doing this morning instead of PC borders. Love this mystery.

Page 72 of 542 FirstFirst ... 22 62 71 72 73 82 122 172 ... LastLast