Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-29-2014, 11:17 AM

Awww how cute QNS! Do you use that little iron? I have a travel iron I use in the Motorhome, and it works quite well, but it is a little bigger than that one.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:44 PM

Too cute, QNS. I have that little red iron; I've never used it. Does it work? I bought it to keep at my sewing machine when paper piecing those tiny little sections of 4 or 5 stitches. My iron & ironing board are across the hall in the bathroom. I thought maybe it would save some time with the little iron beside me but decided I need to get up and walk for the exercise--my butt keeps getting bigger!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

Oh Spring has sprung, the irons are having babies!
Old 03-29-2014, 03:12 PM

Yes, it is a crafter's tool, for quick presses when traveling, attending college, or doing small mini quilts. It takes three to five minutes to warm up enough to press. My Mo. friend brought it to me and is called "Darlee's Crafters tool...mini crafting iron. She press her quilt that is 79 by 99 inches so she could take it across the road to the LA quilter here. It looks like a play iron to me....but I learned something new...thought it would get a good laugh and we can always use a good laugh. LOL!!
Old 03-29-2014, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Oksewglad what a beautiful set of minis you have made, I love them all. You will have a lovely selection for your next auction.

JeanieG I am glad you are getting some rain at long last.

GGal another beautiful block, can't wait to see more of them.

It is the 1st March here so I have been thinking of my March goals and what I would like (need) to accomplish this month.
Here is what I have come up with.

1. 8 Sylvia blocks (done) finished
2. 4 x 50 Star blocks (2 made 2 to go) finished
3. 1 Spike block -- finished and quilt top together
4. 8 to 10 Dear Jane blocks (2 made) finished 6 but did start the sashing strips
5. Quilt DH's quilt -- finished and bound
6. Quilt 2 charity flimsies -- done and made another

I have written my list so hopefully I can stay focused and get some stuff done as April will be busy with my Spike quilt and my MB quilt needing to be finished. I love this idea of monthly goals, it really gives you the motivation to get things DONE..

So I did get through my March goals and here are some pics for you to enjoy.
First is my Dancing 9 Patch quilt, its a Bonnie Hunter pattern
Second is a cat quilt my DD made and I quilted for her
Third is a machine embroidered applique ABC quilt
and last is A, B and C blocks for Darkness border

Will think about my April goals today and post tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails dancing-9-patch.jpg   laurens-cats.jpg   abc.jpg   darkness.jpg  
Old 03-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=oksewglad;6605429]

March goals
1. Finish LQS project--still working on this
2. Make mystery block for Quilt Guild--check
3. Put together the hexagon quilt--waiting to be done
4. Continue piecing mini flimsies. Must admit I'm getting tired of a certain piece of peach fabric so onto a different color scheme! Have 12 tops done--HQ almost done on one, but so hard on my hands, will go back to MQ them.
5. Make some "coffee" themed mug rugs and a bunch of potholders for school mini carnival in April.--check
6. Plan my FFC project--have a great idea--now to get colors together--forgot the idea
7. Look at the UFO pile yet again.--really laughing now

Other things done
1. Machine appliqued bow tie, tie to little boy t shirts and made big sister a matching jumper for family pictures.
2. Got accumulated scrap donations sorted out.
3. Worked afternoon at church--have 2 tops to turn under bindings on.
4. Put Cat in the Hat patches on jeans for 5 yo.
5. Buttonhole stitched Autumn wool project from UFO pile--just have to stitch wool base to another fabric base--won't take long to finish.
6. Went on a mini fart--cut batik scraps into blocks
7. Had dinner/lunch guests 3x in the last 10 days=a cleaner house.
8. Opened the windows to let fresh air in
9. Finished flannel baby flimsie for church
April goals
1. Finish LQS project
2. Put together the hexagon quilt
3. Finish mini flimsies
4. Try to remember the FFQ project!
5. Look at the UFO pile yet again.--really laughing now
6. Sew some of the batik blocks together.
7. Take my QB's on local shop hop.
8. Hexagon workshop at guild in April.
9. Turn under edges on 2 church baby quilts.

Okay if I accomplish half, I will be doing great.

I looked at the DJ thread--oh dear looks so tempting, but can't start it yet.....

Last edited by oksewglad; 03-29-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:35 PM

Everyone's goals sound very good for April. I have 2 things I want to finish this month. One is the MB quilt and the other is a top for a donation. I have other things I want to work on, but figure if I get to those it will just be a bonus (50-Stars, DJ, Medallion).
Old 03-30-2014, 05:42 AM

Unexpectedly I went to work yesterday and learned a few things about 2 new machines that Viking released..One is a midsize that has most of the features of the higher end models. I have my eye on one of them
I also go in today. It's still raining here.. yesterday the rain was torrential and one of the highways I needed to travel was flooded. I hate driving in the rain especially in an unfamiliar car.. Now my DH knows what it's like to be at home without an available car
I did sew a bit on one of the new machines. I'll take a photo of my project when I get to the shop later today.
All of you are so to be admired for your diligence in keeping up with your goals..I have some but they get placed in a box much the same as Jan's I wish I had more perserverence..that too is in the box!..
Now to have some breakfast before I get ready for another day at the Gallery.. DH just got back with fresh bagels. Later, H.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:12 AM

Mirab, beautiful quilts; I esp like the ABC--awesome job with the applique and the cat quilt is so cute. Love the colors you're using in the PB quilt. Very dramatic. I know how difficult her patterns are so I admire your determination.

Today is March 30--one more day and I've met my goal to make it thru March. Waking up to 2" of snow is not how I want the month to end but it's supposed to be 60* and sunny tomorrow. And it's Opening Day--I love baseball, never without my radio with a game on during the season. Got that from my dad.

Accomplishments this month: finished all SYE blocks, made all pieced border blocks for SYE, and have the triangles. sewn on and layout decided. Made 2 more 50 Fab Star blocks. Completed MB quilt. Made one DJ block to keep QE from nagging me LOL. I guess I was more productive than I thought!

Enjoy the day, do something you love!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:34 AM

Beautiful quilts, Mirabelle. Honchey...you sure don't let things slow you down too much. I can't imagine working retail with a knee that hurts. Carrie...the tortoise wins the race. Getting your shoulder healed and keeping up with your family is very important. OK...you must have borrowed Mirabelle's batteries. Your list of things done makes my head swim. What an asset to the community you are! QNS...cute irons.

March goals
SYE...last block and assemble entire quilt.s last block done and two rows sewn together. Had the third row on but it was upside down so did unsewing and it's still waiting.
BOMs..El's Kitchen, Delightful Stars..keep current. check
My Blue Heaven scrappy...finish blocks and make flimsy.blocks all done but nothing sewn together. Design wall is full of SYE and it's not coming down until it's done
Civil War UFO...finish putting together. completely forgot about this. Still in drawer
Fabric Essentials Mystery Quilt....find block fabric and complete putting together. found the missing focus fabric when we cleaned the springs of my recliner last weekend. I had unsewn the flimsy while sitting there and didn't get it all collected before it slipped away
Start making backings and binding for 3 flimsies. I have backing for two flimsies done and the quilts at my LAer.
I had almost a week I didn't sew much because of a bad cold and this last Monday I went on a FART and found material perfect for my DD's wedding quilt and completely lost focus on goals and have only two more borders to go and it will be done. Very simple pattern. This is one where the fabric makes the quilt, not the blocks.
Have to think about April's goals. Weather is getting nice and probably not so much time in the sewing room