Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club week 18 Flying Clouds & Friendship Star Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club week 18 Flying Clouds & Friendship Star Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club week 18 Flying Clouds & Friendship Star Discussion Page

Old 05-18-2012, 03:05 PM

What a great idea for the corner blocks, I love your FWS QuiltE. The green was a great choice
Old 05-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Everyone ... for the many kind words! You each played a big part in this quilt, as without you, I know it would not have got it finished. Or at the least, it sure wouldn't have got finished yet and more likely would have been one big UFO project!

WendiQ ... it finished off at 81x105". I would love to hang it, as I think that's how it will show itself best, but sadly my home just has the typical 8ft ceilings. Oh how I wish I had my old farm house to be able to do so. So, yes, likely it'll go on the spare bed for now and hopefully, there'll be some classes at the Fairs this year, that I can enter it.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:40 AM

QuiltE...you could hang it sideways with a couple inches to spare if you have a wall that was 10 feet! . Entering it in the fair is an awesome idea. Maybe your LQS would display it too. It's s work to be seen by the world.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
QuiltE...you could hang it sideways with a couple inches to spare if you have a wall that was 10 feet! . Entering it in the fair is an awesome idea. Maybe your LQS would display it too. It's s work to be seen by the world.
I've entered in Fairs the last two years. Most of them, I have few classes being that I don't do the quilting myself. Though most have a class for piecing judged, and LAQ by someone else. The wall is a problem ... I think the only wall that I'd have that long without a door/window would be the living room ... and it would look so out of place, unless I redecorated, which would mean new furniture too! As for LQS, I'll be asking, but I don't expect a positive, as I've only seen their quilts and samples. I can understand that, for several reasons ... not all of their fabric, not a pattern they are going to be doing with a class ... and probably more so, to not start a stampede of jealousy, "why don't you hang my quilt?" So spare bed for now, the fairs ... and I'm trying to think of places it could visit to hang for awhile (as in public places to show it off, where it'd be "safe" from grubby fingers etc.)
Old 05-19-2012, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Thanks Everyone ... for the many kind words! You each played a big part in this quilt, as without you, I know it would not have got it finished. Or at the least, it sure wouldn't have got finished yet and more likely would have been one big UFO project!

WendiQ ... it finished off at 81x105". I would love to hang it, as I think that's how it will show itself best, but sadly my home just has the typical 8ft ceilings. Oh how I wish I had my old farm house to be able to do so. So, yes, likely it'll go on the spare bed for now and hopefully, there'll be some classes at the Fairs this year, that I can enter it.
Oh YES! Enter this in some Fairs. You will surely bring home some blue ribbons!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
Oh YES! Enter this in some Fairs. You will surely bring home some blue ribbons!!!

I'm hoping for reds .. (In Canada, red is 1st! )

Old 05-19-2012, 08:29 AM

QuiltE...how about on a local bank, hospital, library, museum..someplace with high ceilings and good lighting?
Old 05-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
QuiltE...how about on a local bank, hospital, library, museum..someplace with high ceilings and good lighting?
Thanks GGal ... Good ideas!!!! I had thought about our local Hospice, though I'm not sure there is a space available for it as there's already a Cathedral Windows quilt on display, that was donated to them. It'd be a perfect spot, and I'm not sure if there's anywhere else.

I've been thinking ... and wondering where I might have the connections. So far no great brainwaves! The best I've come up with yet, is one friend's home might be a possibility.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:22 PM

Wow, QuiltE, your quilt is just gorgeous!!!!! I can see you winning many blue ribbons. Great idea on how to hang it, works perfectly.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Termi ... though there's a lot of competition. Last year there was a Sylvia's Wedding Quilt at one of the Fairs, though not in a class that I entered. Other than that I haven;t seen any other smaller block samplers shown. However, with their popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if there are several this year. One Fair is the 2nd weekend in June, then none til September. (and reminder, Red for Canada! )