Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Week 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Photo Page

Blog Entries
    Oh these blocks just make me smile. Wonderful jobs. Glad these are realitively quick as I have a house guest until Friday; will be later in the week before sewn and posted.

Anne, yes 4 and 20, BBirds baked in a pie; great fabric choices in the BHopes
    Janie, that cute little cowboy has a twin? How sweet. And the ducks are finding their way to a lake.
    QE, Looks like the bright eyed Holsteins are surrounded by rope fabric. Those beautiful birds are tweetly singing in the the mesquite. Very pretty
    dublb, I thought the center square was one piece of fabric. Beautiful matching!
    Anael, only 2 years sewing.. Wow your blocks look like you are a seasoned stitcher. Your bucking bronc looks like he is having fun going round in the horseshoe circle; and then the calm serene BHope. Nice.
    Jan, Those totems will really add interest to your quilt, and another bucking bronco having a fun time.
    ggal, Your BHope has such a nice balance of bright colors; and love the fabric in the B's eye.
    Wendiq, The rickrack center highlights the B eye block. Nice colors altogether. I'm still laughing at those two little kids in their tug o war.
    Deep voice of the radio announcer. "Who's on the other end of the rope? Will we find out in the next installment of The Pony Club?" as the music fades in the background.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

oksewglad: I'm quilting 2 years, sewing a bit longer
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
    I'm so impressed with the blocks you have posted so far. I am going to post mine now. Have to say, I am not too kicky about either of these that "I" did, but they are done and at this point, I'll live with them....
    Your blocks look really good. I'm sure you'll like them when you find a "home" for them when the entire quilt goes together.

Bright Hopes and Bird's Eye View

Hello All, You all did such great looking blocks!!!!!! I've finished Bright Hopes and have to say it was the easiest and quickest block yet AND it came out the right size all around. I'll post picts when I finish BEV.

Do I see some chocolate smudges on a bunch of faces?

DublB ... You kept the "stars and stripes" theme! Very effective how you did those stripes and they really put a pizazz into that block! I thought it was about time I brought some cows into the quilt. You noticed that one looking right at you ... and then there's the others in different directions! I had quite a time deciding which cows to keep in, and which to cut off of that block. I'm not as fussy on the dark all around the edge as my others with the yellow in the background/edges ... though the dark seemed to make the cows pop out more! Thanks for noticing my FCing ... it took me quite awhile to do it, but is well worth it.

Anael ... I think that L'il Buckin' Bronco just might jump out of that circle!!! Nice softness in your Bright Hopes, with a perfect mix of those 4 outside fabrics. We think alike ... that's how I did my block too! Had lots of practice with those partial seams in the Butterfliese for Comfort quilt that posted the other day.

JanRN ... perfect block to showcase your totem poles! Nice fabric in Bird's Eye ... opposite block to Honchey's. And looks like you got that circle, circular!

GGal ... for sure, those cows are not range beasts!!! My quilt will probably end up more of a "rural theme" than ♪♪♫
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKBqz6FWvlo♫♪♪ Great blocks ... maybe the square IS square, and it's just the way it looks in the pic? Nice touch with the machine blanket stitching ... will have to try that sometime. A good old fashioned look to it.

WendiQ ... is that ric-rac peaking out ... cute! And a good idea. The blocks are simpler, so sometimes we expect the same wow-factor of the more complicated starry type ones. Yours are stars in their own right!

OKSGlad ... you always have such fun comments ... and good feedback on the work we do! Enjoy your company this week, and don't work too hard. Then plan a sewing good time all weekend after they are gone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries

week 7 pony club

I am finally caught up I hated getting behind Hope I can stay on the trail with everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images

And now .. both your turquoise print and blender come together!! The colours in the print really give you a lot of other colours to mix and match with.

Congratulations
    Cookie for being caught up ... wish I could say the same!

JanRN - Lovely blocks. Great colors. I had ta look hard ta see where ya 'cheated,' & that bucking bronco - Great!

Gardenergal - Your blocks are so spring-like. I bet I won't be seein' very many flowers this year. We're still in a drought. I'll live in spring, all year long, with your blocks!

windiq - Such cute blocks! That rickrack was inspired! They may not be your favorites, but they'll be great in your quilt.

Cookie - I'm so glad that ya got caught up. Again I love those roses! Did ya do 6 blocks in 1 week? Wow!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Wow, what a great show of pony quilt blocks. Let us see if I can post this week's blocks:Name:  BrightHopes.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  60.9 KBName:  BirdsEyeView.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  70.9 KBBright hope is always our youth. Both in animals and in people, too. Bird's Eye View is the Rodeo; a cowboy rodeo...across our great lands. First done by ranchers seeing who was the best in everyday work, then with the community in which they lived. Then came the "WildWest" shows that thrilled the audiences.

Then came new laws that forbid "cruelty" to animals that stopped the rodeo in many states. The horses can be "real" hams showing off how much they are enjoying themselves, whether its bucking, racing the clock in barrel racing or tying up the steer. Rodeo stock is carefully cared for, so they can continue to "perform" making money to run the rodeo even better for the audience who loves it.

Such beautiful blocks! Your colors are so bright & beautiful! Like I said before I love your stories, keep 'em comin'!
    Bev

Ooh each block posted just makes me smile!! I keep calling DH over to look at them, too. He just laughs at me because I keep oohing and aahing. Do you remember Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally? That's what I sound like. What beautiful work and what fun fabrics.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Great blocks this week ladies! These two look like the should go together pretty quick.

I have a baby quilt for my nephew (born Feb 4th) to finish tomorrow and then I WILL be working on PC blocks in my free time!

Carrie

What a broad selection in those blocks QNSue ... and oh so many stories behind them all!
    I see another photo block in the Bright Hopes centre ... so nice!

Oops where did yesterday go,,, oh that's right I had to do the housework cause DH was coming home. Had my blocks finished but didn't get around to posting them.
    I am amazed at the beautiful blocks everyone is creating each week, and boy are you girls quick out of the barn. Each blocks is so different and unique.
    I have printed off the Labeled Block Map and place a number in each square. I think it will be a good reference when I get more blocks made to work out fabric choices, also I am itching to sew on some sashing strips. Yes I know jumping the gun a little but that's just me, have to be organised
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

MiraB ... I couldn't wait and just had to check your blocks out. Pretty Pretty for sure!
    And me-thinks that I remember that your DH is home now to celebrate your anniversary. Here's wishing you a special time together and for many years to come!

Your blocks are so enticing, the contrast between 'em is awesome.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    More lovelies!!
    Cookie, the turquoise roses are showing up again--so pretty; BHope has such well placed fabrics and balanced colors
    QNinaSue, the BHopes is truly inspiring! Fabric placement in BEye makes me want to stand up and sing America the Beautiful, a purple mountain majesty moment. And yes we beleive in animal welfare for only a well cared animal keeps us in business.
    Mirabelle the lovely fussy cut rose spray appears once again! What lovely blues in BEye!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    MiraB ... I couldn't wait and just had to check your blocks out. Pretty Pretty for sure!
    And me-thinks that I remember that your DH is home now to celebrate your anniversary. Here's wishing you a special time together and for many years to come!
    Thank you so much QuiltE, yes another year has rolled around 34 to be exact, what's that old saying" time flies when you're having fun" He is the bestest Hubby, doesn't say anything about my patchwork or my stash. I just love his saying "Happy Wife, Happy Life"
    Karen

Mirabelle, happy anniversary. Beautiful blocks and so well done. I looked at yours and QNS on the same page and it's amazing that these are the same pattern. I just love all of them. I'm so anxious for Tuesdays to roll around and see the next group!!!
    Great blocks everyone!!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    JanRN - Lovely blocks. Great colors. I had ta look hard ta see where ya 'cheated,' & that bucking bronco - Great!

Gardenergal - Your blocks are so spring-like. I bet I won't be seein' very many flowers this year. We're still in a drought. I'll live in spring, all year long, with your blocks!

windiq - Such cute blocks! That rickrack was inspired! They may not be your favorites, but they'll be great in your quilt.

Cookie - I'm so glad that ya got caught up. Again I love those roses! Did ya do 6 blocks in 1 week? Wow!!
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments yes I did all 6 blocks last weekend. I wanted to get caught up I love everyones blocks I is funny ow one blcok can take onso many looks. this is my first quilt along and I am enjoying it thanks for letting me trot along

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie LM View Post
    I am finally caught up I hated getting behind Hope I can stay on the trail with everyone
    I love your nose gay fabric and the way you compliment it with the burgundy. They look so good together.

QNSue, I love a rodeo. As a kid that was the big event on July 4th in our little community in the hills of Washington state. I attended a real stampede in Idaho in the early '60's but that was my last time. Now I enjoy it on TV whenever I can catch it. Those guys and gals are really good and the animals are beautiful.

Maribelle, your rose buds are beautiful! Great blocks...happy anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Thank you so much QuiltE, yes another year has rolled around 34 to be exact, what's that old saying" time flies when you're having fun" He is the bestest Hubby, doesn't say anything about my patchwork or my stash. I just love his saying "Happy Wife, Happy Life"

MiraB
    ... it's so nice to hear your good thoughts about each other. I get so frustrated and annoyed with all those who only complain about their spouses IRL. Here's to a happy week with him ... enjoy every minute of it! What special plans do the two of you have? .... and ITA great saying that he has!!

Wow! 34 yrs Mirabelle! Congratulations!
    DH & I are at 29 yrs. (Jan 14).
    Bev

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast