Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Wk 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Discussion Page

Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Power Poster

--"frogectomy" I'm sorry Anne that we are seeing humor at your expense of feeling downright "crappy". And you are trying to get to the sewing machine with your new blocks. Kudo's to you, but take care of yourself too.
"cow pie" scoring!!!that's almost as funny as the frogectomy, but let me tell you a good dairyman always observes the fecal/urine material of his livestock. Metabolic disorders (such as ketosis) can be diagnosed in urine; proper balance of protein and carbohydrates in feces; of course diarhhea and the need to do further testing. Just a myriad of things.
So glad the "apprentice" checked in, dublb.
Great day with my guild friends. They all challenged themselves to sew smaller than they have ever sewn before.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Power Poster

All righty you Ladies .. here I was seriously sewing tonight ..... and then I come and see I missed about frog-ectomies ... and the study of the bathroom habits of the cow!!! Of course, this all goes with road apples!!! Next thing is we'll get banned for the discussions we're having on the QB!

Well .... they gotta remember that if there's going to be ponies, they are going to have droppings!
And where there's a pony, there's often the lovely bovines too!
Especially during the original PC era .... many people had one cow, for their own family requirements .... even if they were not truly a farm!

OKSGlad ... glad you challenged them to sew small ... will they bring results for show and tell next month?

DublB ... I'm sure you were happy to be in touch with from your Apprentice today!

Honchey ... how did the Doc appt go?

Moi? ... I'm sorta OK, but not feeling "safe"by any means!! I know I could backtrack oh so easily!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:17 AM

I've often mentioned what a city girl I am--you guys are certainly giving me an education on farm life. (I think that's a good thing LOL). But for a recent fund raiser this past summer, at the local football field, we had "Cow Patty Bingo"--yes in the heart of the city. What a hoot. Glad I wasn't a football player and had to practice on that field the next day. See-I know some farm stuff LOL!!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:38 AM

I can just picture those poor football players! Or whoever had to clean it up in time for that football practice. Maybe because it was summer they didn't practice till late summer? Oh, I hope so!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
I've often mentioned what a city girl I am--you guys are certainly giving me an education on farm life. (I think that's a good thing LOL). But for a recent fund raiser this past summer, at the local football field, we had "Cow Patty Bingo"--yes in the heart of the city. What a hoot. Glad I wasn't a football player and had to practice on that field the next day. See-I know some farm stuff LOL!!

Cow Patty Bingo is SO much FUN!!!!!!!!
And some extra antics can happen amidst all that.
We used to have it at our farm neighbourhood PumpkinFest every year .... great entertainment along with all the other festivities of the day!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:04 PM

Dubib & QuiltE...I do have the pattern for my DS...Disappearing 9 Patch, and the fabric...I got FQ's yesterday, and it's all cut and ready to sew. I've never made one before and I'm anxious to see how it looks on my design wall. I have the fabric, mostly batiks... for my GD's and it's a form of strip quilting so should go together pretty easy. I get the rest of the binding done on my other GD's quilt and it's in the dryer and will go in the mail tomorrow. Such a feeling of accomplishment.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
Dubib & QuiltE...I do have the pattern for my DS...Disappearing 9 Patch, and the fabric...I got FQ's yesterday, and it's all cut and ready to sew. I've never made one before and I'm anxious to see how it looks on my design wall. I have the fabric, mostly batiks... for my GD's and it's a form of strip quilting so should go together pretty easy. I get the rest of the binding done on my other GD's quilt and it's in the dryer and will go in the mail tomorrow. Such a feeling of accomplishment.
You're going to be a busy lady, GGal!! And I noticed you're going to do the Mystery Quilt/TableTopper too! I'm probably going to do it as well

Hey, How about some MORE PC'ers trotting on over and joining us???????

Old 02-22-2012, 10:10 PM

Ohhh Mystery Quilt/Table Topper - where do I go to get that information?????
Old 02-23-2012, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Ohhh Mystery Quilt/Table Topper - where do I go to get that information?????
Oooohhhhhh JeanieG that's great news!!

OOPS! Gues it'd be a good idea to tell
Everyone where to find it!! Sorry!!

It's pretty easy-peasy as it's only every other week, for five times. Makes a 28" ..... or you can expand it to a crib quilt or full size! You choose!!!!

Last edited by patricej; 02-23-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: malfunctioning link removed
Old 02-23-2012, 05:27 AM

I've never done a mystery quilt before and thought it would be fun. I'm also doing the Story BOM that will start March 1 here in QB. One block a month is doable and I found a real pretty floral for the main fabric. I like the variety of blocks a BOM has. Of course, there is a Civil War one that I'm finishing up next month. There are 8 repeating blocks and I think I only have about 4 of one pattern to go and I can begin putting it together...in my spare time. I think I will have to make a list though so I don't lose track of what I should be doing.