Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks

Blog Entries
    More beautiful postings....I love how they will all be such different looking quilts although they are all the same pattern. I think you are all doing a wonderful job!

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    JeanneG, Your Christmas/winter fabric is beautiful--what Line are you using?I don't remember if you mentioned it before. Blocks are great too!!! Anne
    It is North Woods Botanical by Moda. I did not realize it was a Christmas Fabric when I got it....just liked the colors and thought it would go well in my living room! :lol:

I did not know how much fabric to get, so started with a layer cake, and am on my second one now. I may switch fabric when I get to Block 50 or so, and just do a couple of smaller quilts, rather than one big one. Decisions..Decisions!!!

Love the Christmas fabric-your blocks are beautiful!

Here are my first 25 blocks, I am really surprised at how much I like them, I am a pink and purple kind of girl. I decided that I would try and be true to the original design. Now the challenge will be deciding on border and cornerstone fabric.
    I am so pleased I joined this forum, this is the kind of quilt you always want to make but never seem to get around to starting it.
    I just have to finish my last charity quilt (I've made 12) and then I can get back to my FWS blocks.
    Will post pics of my quilts soon.

My first 25 blocks
    Name:  Attachment-120078.jpe
Views: 59
Size:  66.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle
    Here are my first 25 blocks, I am really surprised at how much I like them, I am a pink and purple kind of girl. I decided that I would try and be true to the original design. Now the challenge will be deciding on border and cornerstone fabric.
    I am so pleased I joined this forum, this is the kind of quilt you always want to make but never seem to get around to starting it.
    I just have to finish my last charity quilt (I've made 12) and then I can get back to my FWS blocks.
    Will post pics of my quilts soon.
    Mirabelle, Your blocks are beautiful !! - to me they look soft,velvety, oh so soothing!!

Wow! Love all of your blocks. Great colors/fabrics. Where are you getting the patterns?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    Wow! Love all of your blocks. Great colors/fabrics. Where are you getting the patterns?
    This is a group effort and they are from a book "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt".
    If you go to Blocks of the Month and Week you will see a thread about it. It will explain it all.

Blog Entries
    Thank you janRN & Honchey for the compliments on my blocks. I'm thinking I might use a beige fabric for sashes and I'm not sure yet about cornerstones. I'm going to rearrange them before I finish. Everyone is doing a super job, I enjoy looking at everyone's blocks. I was especially interested in doing this quilt because I was a farmer's wife and I also helped in the fields and with the livestock so it seemed to be the quilt for me to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    This is a group effort and they are from a book "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt".
    If you go to Blocks of the Month and Week you will see a thread about it. It will explain it all.
    Thanks for the info. I have to put this on my to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by grannyQ
    Thank you janRN & Honchey for the compliments on my blocks. I'm thinking I might use a beige fabric for sashes and I'm not sure yet about cornerstones. I'm going to rearrange them before I finish. Everyone is doing a super job, I enjoy looking at everyone's blocks. I was especially interested in doing this quilt because I was a farmer's wife and I also helped in the fields and with the livestock so it seemed to be the quilt for me to make.
    I really don't know what colors I am going to use for the sashes, borders, things like that. Anyone have any suggestions, I would really like your input!

V E R Y N I C E

Blog Entries
    Jeanie...one of the best ways to determine your sashing is to take all your blocks (now that you have quite a few done) and lay them out on top of one to try it. I took all my Dear Jane blocks to my LQS and we played with them for quite a while before deciding which to use. It was really a lot of fun...several people helped me out..some new friends!

Some comments from me to all of you:

I'm loving your First 25! They are all impressive.

Honchey, thank you so much for all you do.

grannyQ, I'm amazed at your wide selection of all shades of purple/lavender. It looks really good and quilt should be fairly easy to assemble with little or no color clashing. Jeanie, ditto on your lovely Christmas print blocks.

rwquilts ... your blocks look unreal, they are so perfect. Score for paper piecing skills! I am seriously directionally challenged (or whatever the term is), so paper piecing is NOT my friend. I am, I think, going to copycat your block #18. I don't like the original design + mine just seems to jump out at me from the quilt block picture ... and not in a good way.

If Laurie Aaron Hird happens to notice that I got her name wrong in this thread, I apologize. Getting people's names wrong is a pet peeve of mind ... I can't believe I did it!

And last, I am well aware of how much effort and creativity is required to construct each and every block. I am learning lots of "shortcuts" which is very gratifying. So I want to say that I think we each deserve a big pat on the back! (And, SandPat [hope you read this] ... you deserve a big pat on the back also for your very excellent Dear Jane.)

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Jeanie...one of the best ways to determine your sashing is to take all your blocks (now that you have quite a few done) and lay them out on top of one to try it. I took all my Dear Jane blocks to my LQS and we played with them for quite a while before deciding which to use. It was really a lot of fun...several people helped me out..some new friends!
    Thanks for the tip sandpat!

Blog Entries
    JeanieG, I've already told you how much I love your Christmas blocks. I have two of the Northwoods charm packs, so I know how beautiful they are. GrannyQ, purple is my second favorite color, so your blocks are looking good! I haven't done scrappy, but all these beautiful blocks are inspiration that I should try it. Some wonderful quilts are in the making and I can't wait to see the end results. Yum!

Here are my first 25. Not happy with all of them but will keep plugging away and hope for the best. :)

Blocks 1 through 25
    Name:  Attachment-120854.jpe
Views: 60
Size:  119.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    JeanieG, I've already told you how much I love your Christmas blocks. I have two of the Northwoods charm packs, so I know how beautiful they are. GrannyQ, purple is my second favorite color, so your blocks are looking good! I haven't done scrappy, but all these beautiful blocks are inspiration that I should try it. Some wonderful quilts are in the making and I can't wait to see the end results. Yum!

Here are my first 25. Not happy with all of them but will keep plugging away and hope for the best. :)
    Evie, they are looking beautiful. It is amazing how they look "as a whole". There are several of my individual blocks that I did not do as good a job on as I would have liked, but after taking them apart for 3 times, I figures they were "good enough"! And there are a couple that the design is not correct! But who is to know, but you and me!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Quote Originally Posted by Evie

Evie, they are looking beautiful. It is amazing how they look "as a whole". There are several of my individual blocks that I did not do as good a job on as I would have liked, but after taking them apart for 3 times, I figures they were "good enough"! And there are a couple that the design is not correct! But who is to know, but you and me!
    Ahhhh, both of you!! You're blocks are gorgeous. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I hated doing 18 and now when I look at a group of blocks that's the first one my eye catches--does that mean it's growing on me? Evie your corn and beans block is sooo pretty in the colors you chose. Can you imagine all these quilts in a single room ?? our heads would be spinnng !!

Evie, good gracious that is one beautiful set of blocks! I've never really like black, white and red, but oh my goodness you have converted me! I'm thinking now that I should change my Block Exchange theme to b/w/r because yours is so beautiful. There's definitely a b/w/r in my future.

Wow how good do they all look. Can't wait to see the next 25. Everyone's color schemes are so different, there are going to be some stunning quilts made from these blocks.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Weezie for your kind compliments...yes...block #18 just seemed to need to be stitched a bit differently, so I followed the block's whisperings...LOL!

Evie, Mirabelle, Jan RN, Granny Q, and Weezie, your blocks are all amazing! I'm so enjoying looking at what everyone has done here, starting with Honchey's! Can't wait to see the #50 set blocks!

These quilts are beautiful ladies. I am enjoying watching them grow. Each one is so unique and I love all the color pallets you have chosen. Keep up the great work!

Here are my first 25. I see that I will have a lot of tweaking to do when I get ready to put them all together but then, isn't that part of the fun?

The first 25
    Name:  Attachment-121189.jpe
Views: 40
Size:  110.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne57
    Here are my first 25. I see that I will have a lot of tweaking to do when I get ready to put them all together but then, isn't that part of the fun?
    Suzanne, I love your colors, yellow, raspberry and purple. They really perk!! Anne

Honchey,
    You should be proud!!! beautifull work. Are they 6"?

Wowwww, who can compete with Honchey and you rwquilts?
    Beautiful work. I admire your work.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast