Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First  25 Completed Blocks >

The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks

The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks

Old 11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

More beautiful sets of blocks! Someone said how great it would be to see all these quilts in 1 room...YES!! That would be awesome..they are all so different...all so gorgeous!

(thanks to ya'll for the compliments on my Jane)
Old 11-07-2010, 05:38 PM

Dagny, your quilt is going to be gorgeous! I wish I had 24 already!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM

[quote=Dagny]My first 25 ... and then some. I've been attaching the sashing to one side of each block so that I can get them out periodically, look them over, and see how the quilt is progressing.[/quote\

Hey what a great idea Dagny to attach the sashing to one side of each block! I wish I knew what color I am going to use - have not even decided the color, let along picked out the fabric! Huge decision!

Your blocks are so colorful, love them.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:07 PM

Dagny that looks so nice!! I love the colors you're using and that's a neat idea to add the sashing now.
Leakus (and everyone) thank you so much for the encouragement to keep going on this--I am learning so much and loving the interaction with all you guys. (Glad I'm not the only one who's "color challenged" Leakus-makes me feel better to share the affliction LOL)
Old 11-08-2010, 05:45 AM

Dagney, your quilt will be beautiful! I just LOVE looking on this thread and seeing the newly posted blocks! Keep em coming!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dagny
My first 25 ... and then some. I've been attaching the sashing to one side of each block so that I can get them out periodically, look them over, and see how the quilt is progressing.
Dagny, all I can do is repeat what others have said about your quilt - lovely - pretty - well made - sashing looks great, etc., etc., etc. My own observation is that your quilt looks warm, soft, cuddly and inviting. How wide did you cut your sashing? I know it shouldn't be cut as wide as for a 12-inch finished block. And yours looks the perfect width. Belles
Old 11-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Thank you, everyone. My quilt will be in good company with all of your beauties.

My fabric is Moda Fresh Cotton, and it's way, way outside my comfort zone of fabrics, but it seemed right for this project.

I cut my sashing per the instructions in the book, which I think is about 1-1/4.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:39 PM

WOW!!!! Holy buckets, what a fantastic quilt show this is! Congratulations everyone for your outstanding work. What fun to go through these pages and see how far you have all come. Every one of these block sets has its own personality and character and is indescribably beautiful! I'M SO GLAD I JOINED THIS GROUP!! (she shouts silently so as not to scare her children) LOL. I have mine done through #24. One more to go, then I'll get to post too.

For those of you wondering about sashing and cornerstones, it's exactly like Sandpat says: lay them out on several different possibilities and see what works. A couple of weeks ago, I posted a thread with 5 color choices for mine and asked for opinions. What great input I received! I finally decided yesterday what my final choice will be, and it all came about because of the suggestions of others. It's a combination I wouldn't have thought of on my own and I really love it. You'll just have to wait until I finish block #25 for me to post my picture . . . :twisted: Like Dagny, I intend to cut and attach sashings as I go. Since I'm using the template method, the thought of having to do all the sashings and cornerstones at the end was awful. I'm glad to have that choice out of the way and can concentrate once again on the blocks.

I can't wait to see more block sets. Thank you all for sharing your pictures and for your positive encouragement of all the participants in this project. This group is awesome!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:10 AM

You all are so talented. I am so far behind (I think I've got 12 done). However, the carpeting (whole house) is being done today and tomorrow, things can start being moved back and hopefully start getting caught up. My house has been in an uproar with remodeling since May. My sewing room is 4 bear walls and I miss my quilting. Since looking at your pictures I am getting my "fix" vitually!!!! Keep it up. I'm going to catch up soon.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
You all are so talented. I am so far behind (I think I've got 12 done). However, the carpeting (whole house) is being done today and tomorrow, things can start being moved back and hopefully start getting caught up. My house has been in an uproar with remodeling since May. My sewing room is 4 bear walls and I miss my quilting. Since looking at your pictures I am getting my "fix" vitually!!!! Keep it up. I'm going to catch up soon.
Just think how happy you will be in your newly done sewing room. Time to relax after all that hard work!