Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Week 18 Block 35 & 36  PHOTO Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 18 Block 35 & 36 PHOTO Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 18 Block 35 & 36 PHOTO Page

Old 11-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Power Poster

Thanks OK ... I made another block tonight, and then I sat and looked at the whole bunch somewhat mesmerized as to what colours I'm getting too much, and what I need to bring into it more. Starting to think that if I'm going for the green sashing, that maybe I should ease off on the blues? and maybe get more burgundy and red into it? I'm lost and confused somewhat!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Remember red, yellow and blue are primary colors, but there's the secondary (purple, orange, green) palette to choose from as well. Don't forget about using purple or at least some shades of it. You could possibly bring in some browns or oranges (corals like in the basket floral). Find a mulit color fabric that has those colors in it and pull out accent fabrics that blend well with your other fabric choices. Picked up my quilt today, so going to take a picture and post.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

Good suggestions OK ... I read your message before I went to my sewing room tonight and I appreciate your helping me with my dilemma. Once I finished the #38 Four Winds (posted), I spent the rest of my time picking out fabrics for the next bunch of blocks and kept your suggestion in mind. Got a bunch of orange/rusts out and some purple coming up now. The greens have been doing ok, I think, so didn't focus to them too much. Also looked for some more lights for that clean/crisp look.

By now I bet your home is brimming with your brood, home for the weekend! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!