Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along      Week  22    Photo Page for   Blocks 43 & 44 >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 22 Photo Page for Blocks 43 & 44

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 22 Photo Page for Blocks 43 & 44

Old 12-31-2010, 08:22 AM

Anne, I love your garden path. I'd like to take a walk in that garden! Your quilt teacher's advice came at the right time for me. I was making an absolutely easy block last night. I got the little triangles in the wrong spot and thought I'd just leave it funky. I've decided that I'll just re-do it...especially since it was easy. :wink:

Judy, I love your avatar!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:11 PM

Here are my blocks 43 & 44. I have been playing with grandchildren and got behind in posting. Violet

Garden Path
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150675[/ATTACH]

Gentlemans Fancy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150676[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150670.jpe   attachment-150671.jpe  
Old 12-31-2010, 01:13 PM

Vilolet'sFarm Pretty Blocks.
Here are my second set, Block # 43 and #44 the 4" Scrappy blocks.
Thank you Quilting Nonnie, it's one of my twins and last years bucket babies.

4" Block #43 Garden Path-Scrappy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150680[/ATTACH]

4" Block #44 Gentleman's Fancy- Scrappy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150681[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150675.jpe   attachment-150676.jpe  
Old 12-31-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by JAGSD
Vilolet'sFarm Pretty Blocks.
Here are my second set, Block # 43 and #44 the 4" Scrappy blocks.
Thank you Quilting Nonnie, it's one of my twins and last years bucket babies.
Oh Wow JGSD - these are great!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:47 PM

Thank you JANRN>
I think we are able to share PP patterns now aren't we? I think I will email Laurie and ask for the ok but,If anybody is in need of this one and can tell me how to do it over the internet I will do it if it is ok with her. It's much easier to do it with the 4 blocks sections rather than set in seams.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 PM

Thank you JANRN>
I think we are able to share PP patterns now aren't we? I think I will email Laurie and ask for the ok but,If anybody is in need of this one and can tell me how to do it over the internet I will do it if it is ok with her. It's much easier to do it with the 4 blocks sections rather than set in seams.
Your blocks are top-notch! Love the horseys!

It'd be great if we could exchange pp patterns. I'm still 8 behind, but already worried about #43. I was hoping pp would make it easier.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Thank you JANRN>
Your blocks are top-notch! Love the horseys!

It'd be great if we could exchange pp patterns. I'm still 8 behind, but already worried about #43. I was hoping pp would make it easier.
I have an email into Laurie so will find out. I know they are now posted on the Yahoo site to use. I have the companion cd and am able to change sizes with EQ, and just figured out with this block how to change how it was put together to make it easier. I just don't know how to do it on email for sure unless it's just paste and copy, but can snail mail just by making copies. My main concern would be making sure in the transfer they come out the right size. With it being News Years may be a day or two before receive a reply.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:02 PM

My main concern would be making sure in the transfer they come out the right size. With it being News Years may be a day or two before receive a reply.[/quote]

Whenever I copy a pp pattern, I draw an accurate one inch square on it in the corner. When the copy is made I can check and make sure the "test square" still measures one inch. I got this from using Marcia Cohn's patterns from Quilter's Cache. Maybe you could draw that in the corner of your patterns.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:04 PM

Thank you JANRN>
Oh Yes we can, I contacted her a few months ago and because her publisher allowed another site/dealer/store owner? to sell the patterns she said to go ahead and share whatever you need to get the blocks done. She is no longer using the same publisher for her current books. Anne
Old 12-31-2010, 05:16 PM

Whenever I copy a pp pattern, I draw an accurate one inch square on it in the corner. When the copy is made I can check and make sure the "test square" still measures one inch. I got this from using Marcia Cohn's patterns from Quilter's Cache. Maybe you could draw that in the corner of your patterns.[/quote]
I do know that the patterns made directly from the cd are right on when printed out but when you don't print them and send directly from the computer is what I am not sure about. Does that make sense?