Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Week 48  Blocks 95 & 96  Photo Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 48 Blocks 95 & 96 Photo Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 48 Blocks 95 & 96 Photo Page

Old 07-02-2011, 08:07 AM

Anne I love the last block you posted (lost the thread but it was Hills & Valleys). I can't wait to see your layout-I love all the fabrics you've chosen-they look soft and romantic.

I don't think I'd do Covering America in red white & blue. Since doing FWS, my first scrappy, I'm really into that look. I think I'd do CA scrappy. There is one applique block-Hawaii-with 3 large flowers. I think I can handle one applique block--it looks easier than the basket handles LOL.

I checked on the Pony Club site; no update on when the new book will be delivered.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Originally Posted by rwquilts
Jan, just googled the Covering American Pattern...I like it! It's much the same as we're doing now, but with 9" finished blocks and only 50 of them? That could be a great sew along quilt!

What do you think Anne?
I'm fine with almost anything as long as the blocks are bigger and easier than the FWS. The only problem I have is that I'm really not crazy about the fabric choice. Don't get me wrong I love the red white and blue but in a quilt to me it's yucky!! I also checked out the book ...It's only 12.95 A.
I agree about the color choices...if we do that pattern, I will be using different colors...I'm patriotic, but not in love with red/white/blue quilts...made one years ago and that was good enough for me! LOL! The price is good, huh?

:):):)
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 AM

Did anyone else get the email with the pages of the Pony Club book shown? If so, what do you think?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Did anyone else get the email with the pages of the Pony Club book shown? If so, what do you think?
Looks like a beautiful book and the CD has all the templates, paper piecing and rotary cutting instructions. Looks like she thought of everything. Her website said it should be available in September. I really like having these little blocks to do each week. They are all so different and it is not too hard to keep up.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:11 PM

It is something I definitely want to read. I also like having all the various block construction information/templates at hand. However, I will not be starting new projects any time soon; I have a backlog of WIPs/UFOs that I must work on. One of the many things I've learned since starting the FWS blocks is that they do not leave me with much time or space to do other projects.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:16 PM

I'm with you, Jeanie. I like doing 2 blocks per week. Also like the idea that there are templates and rotary instr. included. Looks easier than FWS!!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
It is something I definitely want to read. I also like having all the various block construction information/templates at hand. However, I will not be starting new projects any time soon; I have a backlog of WIPs/UFOs that I must work on. One of the many things I've learned since starting the FWS blocks is that they do not leave me with much time or space to do other projects.
I'm in the same boat as you, Weezie,...getting the two blocks done a week has practically taken up all my quilting time. I have not made a quilt since we started this.

I LOVE this quilt, but it's going to be a while before I'll commit to doing the pony quilt. I really have a lot of UFOs also, plus other quilts I want to make.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:11 PM

Still getting caught up. I love the idea of another quilt along that can be done about the same - 2 blocks a week and scrappy... I've really enjoyed keeping up with this one & seeing everybody's blocks each week - even with everything else in my life that has come up. Knowing that I'll be teaching f/t again it will give something to want to work away at in my quilting studio where otherwise I just might let things slide... Haven't looked at any of the suggested books/patterns yet, but if they're at all similar to this project, I'm definitely in. :)

95 - Temperance Tree
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223806[/ATTACH]

96 - Tulip
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223807[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-223800.jpe   attachment-223801.jpe  
Old 07-09-2011, 05:52 PM

Pretty blocks, Auntjo. This is the first time I've done anything scrappy and the more I do and the more I see, I really like scrappy now and will do it again. Love that red fabric with the gold stars.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:54 PM

Awesome job, nice blocks! :thumbup: :thumbup: