Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Week 50 Blocks 99 & 100 Discussion Page. >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 50 Blocks 99 & 100 Discussion Page.

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 50 Blocks 99 & 100 Discussion Page.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:44 PM

I went on a Road Trip last Friday and one of the ladies was working on a rope rug in the car. I'd like to learn how to do this but I really don't need another "project". I've promised myself my next project will be to learn to use EQ7 (unless something else distracts me; I swear I have Quilters ADD).

I made a block with nurse fabric that I'm going to use as a label. It has a lot of white space around the center nurse block. How can we identify our little group? I somehow want to note that this was done as part of an internet group but don't know how to word it. You guys are clever: please suggest a good label we can do, too. I for one would never have completed something so large without all your support. I probably would have stopped at wallhanging size. Somehow I want to acknowledge this support.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
I went on a Road Trip last Friday and one of the ladies was working on a rope rug in the car. I'd like to learn how to do this but I really don't need another "project". I've promised myself my next project will be to learn to use EQ7 (unless something else distracts me; I swear I have Quilters ADD).

I made a block with nurse fabric that I'm going to use as a label. It has a lot of white space around the center nurse block. How can we identify our little group? I somehow want to note that this was done as part of an internet group but don't know how to word it. You guys are clever: please suggest a good label we can do, too. I for one would never have completed something so large without all your support. I probably would have stopped at wallhanging size. Somehow I want to acknowledge this support.
Hi Jan, I'm thinking of designing an embroidered label with "The Quilting board FWS Quilt-Along"
August 4, 2010 - Ending?
Participants - List of Names
I have to start using my emb machine. I spent all that money on it and only use it for quilting. I could make some for our group if you all would like. :-P
Old 07-18-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Hi Jan, I'm thinking of designing an embroidered label with "The Quilting board FWS Quilt-Along"
August 4, 2010 - Ending?
I have to start using my emb machine. I spent all that money on it and only use it for quilting. I could make some for our group if you all would like. :-P
Oh how cool! The wording is just perfect! I would love one! (I would need two as I'm making mine into 2 lap quilts.) I'd be happy to send you $$$ for your time.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:26 PM

How can we identify our little group? I somehow want to note that this was done as part of an internet group but don't know how to word it. You guys are clever: please suggest a good label we can do, too. I for one would never have completed something so large without all your support. I probably would have stopped at wallhanging size. Somehow I want to acknowledge this support.
August 4, 2010 - Ending?
Anne, that would be super! I don't have an embroidery machine :( or I would think up something. Let us know how you want to go about this project ('cuz I know you don't have anything else to do! :wink: ). Maybe with our collective thinking we can come up with a lovely label.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
How can we identify our little group? I somehow want to note that this was done as part of an internet group but don't know how to word it. You guys are clever: please suggest a good label we can do, too. I for one would never have completed something so large without all your support. I probably would have stopped at wallhanging size. Somehow I want to acknowledge this support.
August 4, 2010 - Ending?
Anne, that would be super! I don't have an embroidery machine :( or I would think up something. Let us know how you want to go about this project ('cuz I know you don't have anything else to do! :wink: ). Maybe with our collective thinking we can come up with a lovely label.
Exactly!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 PM

Thank you Anne-that would be great. I love how that reads.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:36 PM

Sounds great. Question?? how to determine the name list. All those who signed up? Those who finished their tops?? Those who sandwiched and quilted the top in one or more pieces?? By the years end of original timing??
Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 AM

Anne, TY for sharing about your rope rugs! I viewed your rug and it's very pretty! I know about how long lasting the rugs are that you make! I still have my first rug that I made 20 years ago and I wash it regularly and it's still great! I used 3" wide strips and crocheted it. The thing is darn near in-destructable!

I love the label idea!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:06 AM

I hadn't seen or heard of these rugs in years until Anne brought them up. Then I see a lady working on one on my Road Trip and today I was waiting for my mother at the doctor's office and a lady was working on one. But her's was made of plastic grocery bags! I've never heard of that but she says they're made the same as the fabric rugs. I wanted to ask where she uses them but we finally got out of there.