Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Week 51 Blocks 101 & 102 Photo Page

  1. #1
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    Here we are again...everyone's getting closer but me. It must be the weather...It's too darn hot! even with the ac going. Anyway show me what you did this week. Anne

  2. #2
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Hi, everyone. It looks like mine will be first this week. I did my blocks quite a while ago and I don't remember what they look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  3. #3
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Very nice Weezie. Love the fabric in 102.

    Here are mine (remember, batting is wonky)
    Blocks 101 & 102
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    Hi weezie, Jan, You girls are movin' right along.
    Jan , have you joined any of your blocks?

  5. #5
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Very nice Weezie. Love the fabric in 102.
    Thanks! Love yours, also.

  6. #6
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Thanks ladies.

    Anne, I have all my blocks/sashing/cornerstones joined in 4 sections of 3 rows each. (Took individual pics before). I was going to do the backing all in one piece but decided to do it in sections. I'm procrastinating because I'm not sure how to do it. I had the sections all layed out on the bed and it looks like a quilt!!! Hopefully this week-end I'll get DH to help me get the backing unrolled and folded neatly so I can start. That's a 2-person job. I'll leave enough extra to add the inner and outer borders. That's my plan; if you guys can suggest anything to make this easier, please do!

  7. #7
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,122
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Very nice Weezie. Love the fabric in 102.

    Here are mine (remember, batting is wonky)
    Blocks 101 & 102
    Great Job, JanRN ... your quilting has really changed the looks of the blocks. I had to go back and see if they were the same!!! Great fussy cut on the centre diamond and quilting to make it all more ring like.

    Your quilt is going to be absolutely awesome and impressive. Have fun this weekend with the next steps. :)

  8. #8
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,679
    Blog Entries
    4
    Jan & Weezie, I love your blocks!

    Here are mine for the week!
    Attached Images Attached Images


  9. #9
    KR
    KR is offline
    Senior Member KR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Where it's warm & sunny all the time :-)
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    Jan & Weezie, I love your blocks!

    Here are mine for the week!


    WOW!! You ladies are goooood!! I'm working on a Dear Jane and can really appreciate the accuracy of your blocks! Keep up the great work! Karen

  10. #10
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    Jan & Weezie, I love your blocks!

    Here are mine for the week!
    Thank you! I always love your blocks and your fabrics are yummy.

  11. #11
    Senior Member grannyQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Iowa
    Posts
    603
    Blog Entries
    31
    The blocks are really pretty this week. I have mine all pinned and ready to quilt. I don't have pictures loaded yet, but i will later today.

    Wedding Ring
    Name:  Attachment-229222.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  24.8 KB

    Whirlpool
    Name:  Attachment-229223.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  31.8 KB

  12. #12
    Super Member QuiltingNinaSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford, Mo
    Posts
    5,016
    Great job, ladies. Now here are mine:

    Wedding ring
    Name:  Attachment-229230.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  76.1 KB

    Whirlpool
    Name:  Attachment-229231.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  101.2 KB

  13. #13
    Senior Member grannyQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Iowa
    Posts
    603
    Blog Entries
    31
    QNS, I really like the fabric in your whirlpool block, very pretty.

  14. #14
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    599
    Here are my blocks for the week.

    Everyone is doing such a great job completing all of these blocks, they are just beautiful.

    Block 101 Wedding Ring
    Name:  Attachment-229240.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  69.9 KB

    Block 102 Whirlpool
    Name:  Attachment-229241.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  140.9 KB

  15. #15
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Oh wow--these are all beautiful! This is my favorite day of the week! Great job everyone. And again, how different the fabrics are that we all use. Do you believe these are 101 & 102?????
    Thanks all for the compliments; me and my insecurities thank you.

  16. #16
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,054
    Here are my Blocks 101 & 102.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  17. #17
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some where in way out West Texas
    Posts
    2,935
    Blog Entries
    3
    Had not checked these out before, but decided to do so tonight. Love your blocks folks and love the whirlpool pattern. You all have done a great job, would love to see your quilts when they are finished. Nina Sue I love the bright whirlpool blocks of yours it makes your colors together really make that block POP. Please be sure to post them for the rest of us. All are looking great!!!

  18. #18
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    599
    Can't wait to see your pictures.

  19. #19
    Senior Member TammyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    314
    Very pretty blocks!

  20. #20
    Super Member deranged_damsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    1,336
    mine for this week :D
    Attached Images Attached Images

  21. #21
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Jeanie & DD-great blocks as usual! Does anyone but me make some uglies?? You know what--as you put the blocks together even the uglies are pretty. Love the fabrics both of you used. And your points--perfect!

  22. #22
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Jeanie & DD-great blocks as usual! Does anyone but me make some uglies?? You know what--as you put the blocks together even the uglies are pretty. Love the fabrics both of you used. And your points--perfect!
    Since you mention it ... I had a devil of a time getting a quilt top of my 111 blocks. Some of the combinations I had reminded me why I've never really been a fan of "Scrappy"; my scrappy was crappy. And what was I do with all the many ugly blocks???

    However, after weeks of fiddling, swapping out, and rearranging, I believe I'm happy with the end result; although I'm not finished sewing, the blocks are all in position and it doesn't make me ill to look at it.

  23. #23
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,054
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Jeanie & DD-great blocks as usual! Does anyone but me make some uglies?? You know what--as you put the blocks together even the uglies are pretty. Love the fabrics both of you used. And your points--perfect!
    Since you mention it ... I had a devil of a time getting a quilt top of my 111 blocks. Some of the combinations I had reminded me why I've never really been a fan of "Scrappy"; my scrappy was crappy. And what was I do with all the many ugly blocks???

    However, after weeks of fiddling, swapping out, and rearranging, I believe I'm happy with the end result; although I'm not finished sewing, the blocks are all in position and it doesn't make me ill to look at it.
    Weezie, you make me laugh! I think your quilt will turn out beautiful just like everyone else! We have to pat ourselves on the back for hanging in there and finishing this project. Does anyone know how many people started this project and how many we have left? I'm sure the figure will surprise everyone!

  24. #24
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,679
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Jeanie & DD-great blocks as usual! Does anyone but me make some uglies?? You know what--as you put the blocks together even the uglies are pretty. Love the fabrics both of you used. And your points--perfect!
    Since you mention it ... I had a devil of a time getting a quilt top of my 111 blocks. Some of the combinations I had reminded me why I've never really been a fan of "Scrappy"; my scrappy was crappy. And what was I do with all the many ugly blocks???

    However, after weeks of fiddling, swapping out, and rearranging, I believe I'm happy with the end result; although I'm not finished sewing, the blocks are all in position and it doesn't make me ill to look at it.
    Weezie, you make me laugh! I think your quilt will turn out beautiful just like everyone else! We have to pat ourselves on the back for hanging in there and finishing this project. Does anyone know how many people started this project and how many we have left? I'm sure the figure will surprise everyone!
    I completely agree! All of our quilts will be beautiful! I don't think there are too many of us who are still up with us...but it would be fun to know! :)

  25. #25
    Super Member deranged_damsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    1,336
    I would feel bad to leave anyone out, but I know that there are not many that have kept up every week.

    life happens, I didnt post pictures for nearly two months when I moved. but I did try to keep up with the posts and comment on all of the ladies work.

    I know I wouldnt have stuck with it if we were not for this group.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.