Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 10/C12/I7/I11/J1/BR10 >

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 10/C12/I7/I11/J1/BR10

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 10/C12/I7/I11/J1/BR10

Old 05-24-2010, 05:24 AM

Thanks Patti, Had this idea buzzing around for a little while and that was the first time I just laid them all out and it surprised me how quickly it grew with the black square in there.

I am going to buy some batting at the Club tomorrow so that I can start having a play at quilting by hand, which reminds me I have a book upstairs that has some real pretty designs it it.

Off to have a look

Elle
Old 05-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thanks Patti, Had this idea buzzing around for a little while and that was the first time I just laid them all out and it surprised me how quickly it grew with the black square in there.

I am going to buy some batting at the Club tomorrow so that I can start having a play at quilting by hand, which reminds me I have a book upstairs that has some real pretty designs it it.

Off to have a look

Elle
Elle, I love your idea - it will be very striking and bold, and the Spanish fan will be really personal, just the ticket. But I had to laugh to myself, because when I was asking about the background quilt, I meant the white one behind the blocks that you showed us - please tell us about that. It looks really lovely, is it a whole cloth quilt you made?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Off to have a look

Elle
Oh Lesley, trust me to get it wrong.

It is a whole cloth quilt, but I didnīt make it. I bought it in Texas when I went there about 4 1/2 yrs ago, it wasnīt expensive either. I just fell in love with it as I did many things when I was over there. Went with one suitcase and returned with 2 Large suitcases. Having lived in the villages of Spain for 3 years by then I shopped till I dropped LOL it was wonderful.
Elle, I love your idea - it will be very striking and bold, and the Spanish fan will be really personal, just the ticket. But I had to laugh to myself, because when I was asking about the background quilt, I meant the white one behind the blocks that you showed us - please tell us about that. It looks really lovely, is it a whole cloth quilt you made?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

Elle, I had to go look at it again..it really is going to be stunning! Which way will you turn the tris? You have them both ways or have you decided yet??? I just adore your fabric!!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle, I had to go look at it again..it really is going to be stunning! Which way will you turn the tris? You have them both ways or have you decided yet??? I just adore your fabric!!
Going to have black and asian fabric triīs then put a scallopped border of the asian fabric all round them, well that the plan so far

:idea:
Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM

beautiful elle
Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 PM

Havenīt decided yet which way, probably the way Jane did herīs and add the scallops. Going to have to buy more asians , oh dear not going to enjoy that,(and if you believe that there is really something wrong) running a bit low on them
Old 06-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Power Poster

Havenīt decided yet which way, probably the way Jane did herīs and add the scallops. Going to have to buy more asians , oh dear not going to enjoy that,(and if you believe that there is really something wrong) running a bit low on them
Where do you get them from Elle? The only place I found a nice selection was Blue Bamboo.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

Oh...what a shame...you have to go shopping, how sad :cry: :mrgreen:
Old 06-08-2010, 05:12 AM

Oh...what a shame...you have to go shopping, how sad :cry: :mrgreen:
Patti, thought you might think that was going to be a bore (NOT). Must go on line soon.

Lesley, Havenīt heard of Blue Bamboo. I have used Shibori Dragon and they are very good, E-Quilter, Thousands of bolts to name but a few, anywhere that I see some really nice ones and I think Shibori Dragon have the best selection, not cheap though, but I think I found they would sell me 1/4 yds.
Must check out Blue Bamboo though Thanks for that one.

Elle