Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete >

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Old 03-31-2014, 05:39 AM

Good job, Carsey. I like your blocks.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:56 AM

Thank you Gladys for the great suggestion of using Excel. I took all the pictures for the last couple of days and inserted them in Excel. It works much better than the Dear Jane software. I haven't figured how I am going to do the triangles yet but I have a long time before I have to worry about that. A few of the pictures made the blocks look a little wonky but all in all I am happy with the chart. Now I can get back to making the blocks. Thank you again Gladys.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Dear Jane Block Chart.pdf (326.3 KB, 133 views)
Old 04-01-2014, 04:58 AM

Thanks, but I probably posted them too early. I still need to remove the paper, remove the excess thread and square them up. I just got excited. The pieces are sooooo small, so when I finished them..... I did a happy dance! Oh well, on to the next ones.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 04-01-2014, 04:58 AM

I don't know why the picture did not come through. Anyone have any suggestions on how I upload the file to show the picture instead of an attachment for download?
Old 04-01-2014, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kmeyer View Post
Thank you Gladys for the great suggestion of using Excel. I took all the pictures for the last couple of days and inserted them in Excel. It works much better than the Dear Jane software. I haven't figured how I am going to do the triangles yet but I have a long time before I have to worry about that. A few of the pictures made the blocks look a little wonky but all in all I am happy with the chart. Now I can get back to making the blocks. Thank you again Gladys.
Kmeyer: Great job on the block chart!!!! It looks great!
Old 04-01-2014, 11:44 AM

[Quote = Kmeyer; 6654869] Gracias Gladys por la gran sugerencia de utilizar Excel. Tomé todas las fotografías para el último par de días y los insertó en Excel. Funciona mucho mejor que el software Querida Jane. Yo no he descubierto cómo me voy a hacer los triángulos todavía, pero tengo un largo tiempo antes de tener que preocuparse por eso. Algunos de los cuadros hechos los bloques parecen un poco wonky pero en general estoy contento con la tabla. Ahora puedo volver a hacer los bloques. Gracias de nuevo Gladys. [/ Quote]

WOW!!! Looks so wonderful! I love it!
You have made my day smile! : O : O: O
Don't know the happiness I feel! I am glad a lot!
Were the instructions clear? Are they well understood in English? Are the terms correct?
Sorry for so many questions, but these happy to know that the idea really worked! : Thumbup:
If so... could put a thread apart in QB so that everyone can enjoy in have their own scheme!
A BIG BIG BIG HUG for you!
Old 04-01-2014, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
Well, I am slow but here are my first ones.

Beautiful blocks, Carsey! Congrats!

Last edited by GV09; 04-01-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:56 AM

Well, in addition to my great happiness for the Kmeyer scheme, I came to tell you that I restarted my blocks. I will try to make at least 1 block per week so have not abandoned this work. This week I made 2 H-1 and H-2 blocks. I show them the photos of both, it would be my 35 week. As the place in my "design wall" sold out, yet I don't know if putting the blocks in another or if they begin to join them together with the sashing. For this reason, I have only my scheme with all my pictures of blocks and triangles.
I hope the pictures and thanks for looking like them!
A hug to everyone!
Attached Thumbnails h-1.jpg   h-2.jpg   semana-35.jpg   esquema-con-mis-fotos.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 12:10 PM

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been on in a little while. I ended up getting sick and then had to make some adjustments to my daughters softball uniform, and as a quilter and not a seamstress, that was difficult and took a lot of time. Once I got those done, I put together blocks B2 & B3. After putting them together I realized that for some reason when I started this quilt last year I had planned to make less blocks and at 6" blocks instead of the 4.5"! I couldn't believe I didn't catch that before! I have decided to go back and redo the beginning blocks again at the standard 4.5" and possibly use the blocks I had already made in pillowcases to match the quilt. I have not taken picture yet but will get those up real soon.

I have been looking at all these wonderful blocks that have been made so far and want to say Awesome! They just look amazing and can't wait to see more!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:13 PM

Gladys, your blocks are beautiful! I love the line of fabric you are using. What line is that? Or can anyone else answer the question also?