Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete >

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Old 03-15-2014, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter View Post
Here I am, trying to play catch up. I did so well when this started, and like a lot of you, life got in the way. Well, life has balanced out and I have since retired from working outside the home and have more time to devote to sewing. I am adding a picture of the blocks that I have done. I am batting and hand quilting each block as I go along. There is a block missing in row D, and I know I did it, but it is being elusive right now. I will just continue making blocks in order, so I can contrast the colors better. Sure am going to enjoy following all the progress of everyone else. So, let's go and get this done. I am quilting with glitter thread, and if you look close at the tris, you will see that I am using material that has glitter in it, so I can call this my Glitzy Jane.
WOW! Those looks so great, Spartan Quilter! I also am doing in order for the color theme. A hug!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:38 PM

Spartan, yours are looking great! I tried batting and hand quilting each block with my DJ but I'm no good at hand quilting
Old 03-15-2014, 01:10 PM

I am not so good, but this is a learning process, and the quilt is for me. The thing is that with only 4 rows done, I can see the improvement already. And since I don't have a LA machine, and I couldn't do the quilting on a regular machine, this was my best option.

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Spartan, yours are looking great! I tried batting and hand quilting each block with my DJ but I'm no good at hand quilting
Old 03-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

Happy National Quilting Day to all
Old 03-15-2014, 03:41 PM

Thanks to Gladys and Spartan on posting the blocks you have finished. They are beautiful. I was not sure how to handle posting pics since I had several done from the last group.
Am so thrilled to see many of the people back from the last group ready to continue the Dear Jane journey.
My journey got interrupted with a six month illness that finally got diagnosed about three weeks ago as stage three lymphoma. The chemo is knocking me down, but there are also good days. Hopefully on the next good day I will be strong enough to climb the stairs to my sewing room and get a pic of my blocks to post. The motivation I get from seeing all your blocks will be good for my recovery.
Thanks, Gus, for starting this up.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:11 PM

[Quote = TymeToShine; 6628238] Gracias a Gladys y Spartan en la publicación de los bloques de que haya terminado. Son hermosos. Yo no estaba seguro de cómo manejar publicar las fotografías ya que había varios hecho desde el último grupo.
Estoy muy emocionado de ver a muchos de la gente de vuelta del último grupo listo para continuar el viaje Querida Jane.
Mi viaje quedó interrumpido con una enfermedad seis meses que finalmente conseguí diagnosticado hace unas tres semanas, ya que la tercera etapa del linfoma. La quimio me está golpeando abajo, pero también hay días buenos. Esperemos que en la próxima buen día voy a ser lo suficientemente fuerte para subir las escaleras hasta mi cuarto de costura y conseguir una foto de mis bloques para enviar entradas. La motivación que recibo de ver a todos los bloques será bueno para mi recuperación.
Gracias, Gus, para el inicio de esto. [/ quote]

Hola, Linda.
Sorry to hear about your health problem, I hope the treatment works completely.
We look forward to seeing their blocks and we will be here for you, supporting it and giving encouragement to move forward!
I send you all my affection and a very strong hug!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:13 PM

[Quote = QuiltnNan; 6628105] Feliz Día Nacional de acolchar a todos [/ quote] ! Feliz Día a todo el mundo tenga un buen día! ... Y bueno night a otros ... como yo! Lol!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the comments and encouragement. I knew that I had to post the blocks that I had done, or partially done to this point, to really commit myself. My goal is to post at least 1 new block a week, and 1 quilted block a week. Maybe not the schedule, but have so many other projects that need my attention. And hopefully spring is around the corner and then it is outdoors stuff.
Linda, you will be in my prayers for a good & speedy recovery. My husband undergoes his second radiation treatment for prostate cancer this Monday, the 17th. Then, just recovery and back to the farming that he loves.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GV09 View Post
[Quote = QuiltnNan; 6628105] Feliz Día Nacional de acolchar a todos [/ quote] ! Feliz Día a todo el mundo tenga un buen día! ... Y bueno night a otros ... como yo! Lol!
i had to use google translate for this...
! Happy Day to everyone have a good day! Good night ... and others ... like me! Lol!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:24 AM

So happy to see some of you that started on the previous thread and are still on board! TymeToShine, Spartan, etc. We can do this!