Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Blog Entries
    Name:  #3 Mystery Bright collection 001.JPG
Views: 454
Size:  781.8 KBOkay, here it is. The new brights in my life. Now I am really anxious to start. Planning on taking my lap top with me to MI so that I can keep up with QB threads. So interesting to see what everyone is doing.

Haven't talked to my friend. But in contact with someone who has more knowledge about the case. Do have a phone number, but am going to wait a couple days, because she is VERY ANGRY right now. Limited phone use will help her (hopefully) work on getting well. She will not be able to leave hospital, but when her "dander" is up, she may refuse help. I fear for her life and fear what will happen to her kids (her mother is taking care of them, which is another whole story). Thanks for the prayers!!!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

jaba - glad it is going easier the second time around

everything - looks good

Everose - wonderful colors, A-E are great choices. When we get to clue 4 on Nov 3 you may want to pick an E with a bit more contrast to your AB colors. But love your brights.

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we start to cut and sew insted of rummaging through fabric!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we start to cut and sew instead of rummaging through fabric!
    I can't wait but I have too I have to take the hubby and youngest daughter to the airport then I will catch up at the next pick up spot on the tracks and see you all joyfully enjoying each others company and some good food
    ​Christine

Everose, I love your C fabric. Who makes that? I've never seen it before.

I am getting my fabric together and will post a pic for any suggestions for changes, just as soon as DH has time to shoot them. On board with homemade chocolate chip cookies, fruit & milk.

Quote Originally Posted by montiealma View Post
    I am getting my fabric together and will post a pic for any suggestions for changes, just as soon as DH has time to shoot them. On board with homemade chocolate chip cookies, fruit & milk.
    Oh my Montiealma! Is he going to skin them for you???
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I loved the first train ride but had to ride in the observation car for the second and and will again this time. But it is so much fun watching the activity and seeing all the fabric choices. If you notice any food missing, it's because I sneak down at night and do a little snacking.

But of course. If he is in charge of the shooting, it seems only fittin that he does the skinning. Any recipes??

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;5596202]COLD? Damp? um are you on a different train or still packing your bags? we hit 80 yesterday and will again today. Not slowing down for another four or five days. then maybe fall or maybe snow. they say snow.. we will see I suppose I would have to pack my tank tops and please save me some of that hot chocolate./QUOTE]

I know what you mean Elisabrat - we have had a miserably hot summer here on the So. CA coast as well! Been in the high 80's for weeks it seems. Today it finally cooled down. We have some clouds, so it is down a good 10* from yesterday.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Judy..........I need your help!! I have gone through all of my fabric's for pieces larger than a yard, so I can participate in the Mystery Train Ride. This is what I have come up with, will you please take a look & advise? I will pick the last fabric later on. Thank you for your time & opinion!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

These are my choices. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Had hoped to find something in my stash but as others have said I usually only buy a yard unless it is one I really like and others I had the print was too large.
    Name:  mystery quilt fabric.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  1.66 MB

OK, I left my choices percolate too long and changed my mind. My first choices were a bit dull and reminded me of something my sister would do, dull dull dull. So here is my second set. Way brighter which is more my style. I am thick skinned so comment if you must. Name:  mystery quilt choice 2.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  306.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Here are my choices. is there enough contrast? E is my favorite.
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

love your colors island wiz1 i just hopped on board at the last stop....brought some rice crispy treats and a veggie tray. wow this train is filling up fast...might have to add more cars

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Nice nice fabric everyone! You did bring enough aboard to share right? Just about done with the black and red to wedding stuff, will post later so those of you that missed the last train can see that results of all the instructions. Better go finish it, just had to check and see what was going on.

Went shopping for a couple of fabrics today for the train ride. I am done shuffling and re-arranging. Here is the final result. BTW, the Quilt Inspector heard about our trip and begged to go. I had to be firm and say no, not this time as no Quilt Inspectors are allowed on the train. She first had to inspect the new bag, then the new fabric and finally decided to take a nap. Inspecting is a tough job. Interesting that she has not been upstairs in the loft for ages. I guess she heard about the new train trip.

Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Oh yes, looks like she's going 1 way or the other. Bet she sneaks aboard, I'll have to keep watch for her though, or you guys will be dropping me off at the nearest hospital. Finished the black and red so am going to show you, just quilting it and binding left to do. Hope the newlyweds will like itName:  DSCF0908.JPG
Views: 502
Size:  1.22 MB

Blog Entries
    sorry it's blurry, must need to clean my lens a bit or I was shaking, probably both.

Blog Entries
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  195.4 KBOK! Shopping made me happy, happy, happy and ready to roll on this adventure. I added two different fabrics and hope this looks better, Judy!? The E is really a dark evergreen color, but it didn't want to cooperate, even with an Ott light shining on it! Oh, I'll be running/ walking briskly down the train corridors an hour a day while on this trip.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    So, duh. Do I need to switch anything, Judy?
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Jaba, your black, red and white turned out beautiful. I pulled mine out last night to finish up too.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Jaba, you were too busy making ornaments on the other thread to finish the black & red! Now, if you'd have sent it my way, like Sulabug did, it'd would have been finished! Is it Saturday yet???? Can't wait to see the next clue!
    Oh! I've just dropped off some carrot cake in the club car!

Stunning in red, white and black.

Thanks Jaba for the heads up. I did not think that my Quilt Inspector would SNEAK aboard. But, silly me, as an indoor only cat she is so good at attempting to sneak outside. Will be keeping a close watch on her. You should have seen her last winter when she made a high speed dash outside between DH's legs and ended up in a six inches of snow. OMG, it was hilarious, She came to a dead stop, fluffed up and gave a cat screech. It was her first experience with cold feet and was ever so grateful to be rescued.
    Sweet Caroline

Sulubug I think there was a comment about stripes going all the same way maybe if you have enough fabric its good to go? or maybe you dont care if they go all the same way
    chefb if its not for your sister then no you shouldnt do her colorway you should not!
    and whitepine you can sit on my lap and share my snacks I donot mind. Also I am up half the night it seems anyways so I will be foraging with you. Guys leave a pile right here ok? we might get hungry. we will get hungry. i think we want chinese food. who brought chinese? and brownies we might want those too huh whitepine (hey your on my lap agree with me). tomorrow now I m envious. I wont be home til mid day and then its nap time. SHOOT. JABA you stay away from that machine you cant finish your stuff in one night it is NOT FAIR to the rest of us sitting back and waiting to get started. ok you can if you help me too. you get brownie duty ..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Do you think my choices would still work if I switched A and E??
    There wasn't quite enough of A to make the 1 1/3 yds and don't know how close the yardage was to what we actually need.

Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast