Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Blog Entries
    Shadowirish, What would happen if you put the Es aside and used F1 and F2 as E and F? Do you like coral that much? I do. E1 would make a good binding, depending on what Judy has in mind.

nancia, your brights are wonderful. Which 6 are you choosing?
    Last edited by irishrose; 10-27-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm like this? I like the colors but will the new E go with AB?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  211.7 KB

Shadowirish, I think I agree with Irishrose on this one. But I think maybe I'd want to get that E2 in there somewhere as well. Maybe sashing?

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Shadowirish, What would happen if you put the Es aside and used F1 and F2 as E and F? Do you like coral that much? I do. E1 would make a good binding, depending on what Judy has in mind.

nancia, your brights are wonderful. Which 6 are you choosing?

I am a little behind! Got my fabric today. I don't keep large amounts on hand, really just scraps so I had to go shopping. I hope I made the right choices. Let me know if I need to change anything before I start cutting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shadowirish, I am thinking different than everyone. I'd like to see D & F2 together with C for contrast and B & E2 together with A for contrast.
    Tracey, I like your fabrics.
    It will be fun to see how they all turn out.

Blog Entries

more bright options

the first 2 pictures are the original colors, not in order. the 2nd 3 pictures are variations. sorry this is confusing, but had brain-lock on how to post pictures. duhhhh.

either the first group left to right a-f, or the second group a-f. some order may change.

The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Shadowirish, stick with a-d, possibly F1 and worry about E and F in a week or so just get moving on the others and it will come to you what you want to use to make them pop especially once you make 24 hst's of each of ab and cd and plop them in random order on your bed.. then for sure you can say oh no to this as a pop factor and yes to this! seems like a grand solution. love the A-d combo.

watch out there are a bunch of wild and crazy dots floating around here! I though it was me! oh I like the two blue/teals and the red/pink and again worry about the other two choices after you get that far.. something says you might say enough spots if its suposed to make it pop maybe solid would do that better who knows? the dots know!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    interesting, elisabrat. i like the orange solid, and possibly one of the prints as e,f
    i have enough of the yellow for backing.

nancia, there are just so many options with all of your dots! I think I would use the pink and red and then maybe the yellowish/green with blue dots with the dark green with light green dots. You have so many great fabrics there you could make many different combos that would look good. I'd do my hst before I tried to decide on the contrasting fabrics. Maybe solids or if you have some with tiny dots, that might look good.

Blog Entries
    here are my hst's all finished ,i sure dont know how it happened but 14 of my blocks stripes go one way other 10 go different but i'm useing them any way

esther

I have the fabric requirements and Clue 2. Is there a Clue 1?

Blog Entries
    Heylillan, that might be . Maybe the stripes will "read" as a solid?
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Your fabric requirements are your clue 1 and don't forget clue 3. I gave it instead of Judy if you were looking for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post

Snooze, It's the very first post. The post that provided us with the fabric requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post

Blog Entries
    I just finished rereading posts.. I so missed the most important one about Judy being in the hospital. My thoughts for a speedy recovery to you Judy. Pokerdiva hopefully you can update us on her recovery when you get some information.

I have decided to tuck away those pretty blues (darn it all!) since I just can't seem to find the right combination of fabrics. Im starting to have a love hate relationship with them. So Im pulling out some turquoise fabrics and will just run with them... LOL As I just made the decision as I was rereading post and trying to figure out which way to go.. I will have to post a picture later of my new fabric pictures and I just have to say darn darn ..darn.. on not being able to use my pretty blues.. . That said; headed up to see whats chocolate in the dining car.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    chocolate in the dining car? don't stand in the aisle-- i'll run ya over! lol i can waddle faster than most folks can run! look out, chocolate! here i come!
    Last edited by nancia; 10-28-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Chocolate cures all ....especially indecision on quilt colors....

'specially
    dark chocolate...will finally quit second guessing and sew t o d a y !

Blog Entries
    wow "Sandy" is making a mess in the east and the san andreas is wiggling here....just rattling the dishes so far

not going to use the computer machine just in case the electric gets spotty....this is a laptop computer so it can run on the battery

oh dear bad weather abounds get on the train quick and come west! eat a bit of chocolate and forget your troubles for a while.

I agree second guessing will kill you. I liked the blue and white combo personally. pretty fabrics think its hard to mess up a blue and white as long as they have similiar blue values and you did so argh go pull it back out and start sewing.
    I agree on the might read as solid in the end and if its half and half perhaps the pattern will allow for the ones going one way to be centered and the others to be clusted on the outer edges so it looks like you did it on purpose quilters notice those things everyone else will say how pretty it is they will see overall not the fine details so unless your family is all quilters shhhh dont tell anyone
    I need breakfast all I have is cereal anyone cooking something else? can I sit next to you and share a bit? I am making cream of mushroom soup for lunch so hollar if you want a bowl.. fresh mushrooms, its the best on a cold day.
    Linda

Whew! Clue #3 done. Jennyky...I have the chocolate! Brownies, that is!
    Whew! Weather just the hottest news today! Hurricane Sandy, meeting 2 other fronts in the east, sunami's in Hawaii, earthquakes in CA & off Canada coast! And it got down to freezing here in Texas this morning! Mother Nature sure is PO'd! Everyone please stay safe, those in Sandy's path, please heed the warnings! Our prayers are with ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    I need breakfast all I have is cereal anyone cooking something else? can I sit next to you and share a bit? I am making cream of mushroom soup for lunch so hollar if you want a bowl.. fresh mushrooms, its the best on a cold day.
    I made home fries, bacon, eggs & toast this morning, come on over, there's some left!

cindy wow love that red who makes it if I may ask?
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Irish oatmeal with blueberries here - it was ok, but I need chocolates.......drifting away so chocolate or a nap.

hope all those ailing are feeling better
    I haven't had time to get the second set of blocks done yet but hope to get them done tomorrow if we don't lose the electricity. Supposed to babysit but think my daughter and son-in-law may be home with the storm coming in.
    Hope everyone in Sandy's path takes care and stays save.

Ok instead of lurking I decided to put myself to use for everyone. I will be your personal waitress serving up what ever you all want. Seeing that I will be in Australia for most of this trip, I will be with you all in spirit. I will be sending all the goodies up from down under for all of you to enjoy. Especially Lemminkins. They are yummy. Also they have the best coffee in the entire world and this is coming from a non coffee drinker. I do drink coffee in Australia. No bitter after taste and the cutest designs on the top. We don't make this kind of coffee here. So I will be in the diner car waiting to greet all of you and oohh and awwww over all your choices of material. Then when I get home after the train ride is over.....I will make mine. I sure hope Judy does a 4th mystery train ride so I can join in that one.
    I am in Southern CA right now......did not feel any earthquake...beautiful weather.....not cold and not hot yet......But I hope that all my friends and relatives in the east have batten down the hatches and have the boats ready to move or at least sought higher grounds.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast