Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Thank you paintmejudy. How are you feeling?

Actually, everything and coopah, I feel like a sack of wet laundry!

I agree with coopah, everyone's 9-patch blocks are great, there is such a variety going on with the passengers.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

I am interested and have lots of fabric but, Im not too experienced. I make pretty much easy patterns. Will I be in over my head if I buy a ticket and get on board?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post

I agree with coopah, everyone's 9-patch blocks are great, there is such a variety going on with the passengers.
    Glad you are feeling better Judy, don't over do it and have a relapse. Take things really slow. Here are mine now that I finally got them corrected.Name:  QCA Mystery Quilt #7.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  890.5 KBI agree everyone blocks I've seen so far are great. Everyone is going to have fabulous quilts at the end of this ride. Now I think it's time to go to the dining car for awhile and socialize with the passengers. This train trip has been really great I'm having a great time and enjoying meeting new friends along the way.

Judy, you keep being a good girl and drink lots of orange juice, or if you prefer grapefruit or pineapple juice, alternating with lots of water too. Gotta get you all well so you can enjoy the ride with us!
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    I am interested and have lots of fabric but, Im not too experienced. I make pretty much easy patterns. Will I be in over my head if I buy a ticket and get on board?
    I'm a beginner also. Judy assured us that this is an easy pattern. Even a teenage girl who has never pieced before is doing it. Come join us. The train stops at your station -- just jump on and join us in the club car. I just put out another batch of nachos.

Blog Entries
    Judy, sorry you feel like wet laundry. All of us on the train want you better, so take Mom's advice, drink lots of liquids, and my advice is go rest. We will be fine on the train. Belfry's keeping us stoked with food! I think some folks even left the train to go shopping! So, just rest and get better.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    isn't there some kind of bar cookie that has more or less those ingredients! seem to remember from my dark and sordid past. lol/. what is the post # of clue 4. please? i am just trailing behind and haven't cut a thing. lost too much time sitting in the cold and dark! gotta get a move on!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I am so sorry to hear. I've made some Tea and well cheer to good times

Thanks, mom-6, have been drinking enough water to float a battleship! The meds have my mouth so dry, I have to!

Maureen, go ahead and start, anyone is welcome to jump on-board at any time.

pbadder, lovely blocks! Glad you are enjoying the ride.

nancia, clue # 4 is post 694 - page 35 if you have your thread set to 20 posts per page.
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 11-05-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    glad to hear you're some what better. i finally finished my 9 patches every ones fabrics are so pretty its hard to decide which ones i like best
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by haylillan; 11-05-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    esther

I'm jumping on this train.You guys are having too much fun.Will try to catch up and maybe post some pictures.....
    Mary

I'm a bit flummoxed here. The fabric I had chosen for E did not look good next to A, so I changed out for a beigey tone on tone. I think it's OK but a bit dull. And I'm not sure about C and F -- they look pretty busy next to each other, but I hate to go with a more subdued fabric as I've already toned things down with the beige. Ideas anyone? Or perhaps you could suggest a different colour/pattern choice for F and I can look to see what I might have. I am not going to buy more fabric for this. BTW, A is not as orange as it shows up here -- it is peachy-orange.

Name:  Mystery quilt 3.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  146.4 KB

Name:  100_0672 (800x600).jpg
Views: 313
Size:  333.7 KB

Can any of you experienced quilters let me know if my two darker fabrics are too dark together - the black print and the red/orange/black print? I'm never too comfortable with choosing colors. Thanks for any and all input.

I could be way off but I might swap E and F. From the pics, they seem to go with the opposite A and C fabrics. But, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    I'm a bit flummoxed here. The fabric I had chosen for E did not look good next to A, so I changed out for a beigey tone on tone. I think it's OK but a bit dull. And I'm not sure about C and F -- they look pretty busy next to each other, but I hate to go with a more subdued fabric as I've already toned things down with the beige. Ideas anyone? Or perhaps you could suggest a different colour/pattern choice for F and I can look to see what I might have. I am not going to buy more fabric for this. BTW, A is not as orange as it shows up here -- it is peachy-orange.

Views: 296

Belfrybat, do you have a med-dark brown? That might look nice with the green.

Maureen, I think these are easy enough for a beginner, get a ticket and hop on...that's what I did!!!

Thanks, Pam and Sauki for your comments. I don't have a plain brown but found one with tiny flowers that pick up the peach and blue in the A/B combo but doesn't have any green in it. On the following photo I switched E & F as recommended and have put the brown in the pic. I'm close to giving up and waiting for the next MQ when Judy is well, but I hate to waste the blocks I've already assembled.

New arrangement/options:
    Name:  mystery quilt 4.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  198.0 KB

Former arrangement:
Views: 339

Don't give up I like the new combo without the new small flower fabric. It will look great when it's done.

Belfry - you do not want to use the same beige fabric in both combos -- I think the top photo in post #793 will be great - lots of nice contrast

Dart and hey lillian -- very nice combos

Blog Entries
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  235.8 KBHere's this week's installment. The "black" is actually a dark green. Some squaring up needed, but will wait for the next clue, if Judy can make it.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Coopah - really like your blocks. And not to worry, next clue will post on time. Feeling a bit better today, can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Belfry - you do not want to use the same beige fabric in both combos -- I think the top photo in post #793 will be great - lots of nice contrast
    I wasn't planning on using the same fabric. What I started out with was a gold/white tiny print and it didn't look good right next to the peach, which is why I switched to the tone on tone beige. So, switching E & F straightened things out? (upper picture minus the brown floral).

Belfry, I'm a bit confused now with all the switches. Just go with getting contrast bewtween the ABE and CDF - however you want. Don't use similar tonal values in both combos.

Judy's 3rd Mystery Quilt

Judy:

I finally got my fabrics together. I have different pinks that I could add or white.... This will be a pink and gray quilt. Let me know what I need to change. THANKS!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast