Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

good to know that we are to save that half piece and extras will baggie those up when I get to cutting them lol.. other projects first today darn it!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I managed to get all mine done yesterday and today...so I'm caught up as of now. Also working along on 2 other projects, don't usually do that, but lately I can't seem to finish one thing before I start another...oh me, oh my....

Quote Originally Posted by katybob View Post
    Not necessarily, Mom. It depends on which fabrics you decided to use for E and F. Just make sure E coordinates well with A/B and F with C/D.
    And make sure your new E/F fabrics are in the upper/lower corners in both sets. That's the only way I could remember. Retta from OH SO Sunny FL. Furnace last monday and today the a/c, up/down/up/down

I have mine done and I'm not particulary in love with my light choice. I'll post pix and then we'll see what they really are. I pulled fab after fab, so much that my room is a total wreck and all the bins are open and scattered. Think I might get my helper to lift and tug them back in place. Good idea Retta. Go for It. Why thanks, think I will LOL

Here's my Clue #4 (with Clues 2 & 3). I think I'm finally okay with the colors!
    Name:  QB Mystery Clue4.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  268.1 KB

Blog Entries
    wow, stunning Katybob

love them Katybob. good colors. Here's mine. Judy said I might have to change my choice and boy was she right. It did not go at all. Don't really care for what I did find. but......... such is life. Name:  Clue #4  quiltboard.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  352.9 KB

WOW, what's not to love about this Board. Food and Fabric and Friends.
    I don't get to participate often but when I do, it is always worth it.
    Really love the sharing of diverse cultures. I will have to Google samoosas.

Chefbwarner, I love the pinks and oranges together. I think it's going to be stunning!

Results so far

I've finished clue 4. It's nice to have them in simple steps so that I can complete on the weekend. Working 40hrs sure gets in the way of my free time. Lucky that I can jump on and off this train..off to get stressed and on to relax and sew and read how everyone is doing. This picture doesn't show the colors very well, browns, cranberry red, gold.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh my goodness, I absolutely love everyone's squares, they all are fabulous! I have the advantage of imaging what they will look like .... hee hee .... and I'm not telling. This is getting exciting!

Chef, don't be unhappy with your choices, they will be beautiful.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Aw thanks Judy. They don't look so badly now that I've posted them. Takes a bit of getting used to. The ladies have really picked some gorgeous combinations. Still waiting for the stop at the Fabric Depot. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by katybob View Post
    Chefbwarner, I love the pinks and oranges together. I think it's going to be stunning!
    Bless your heart Katybob, you pat me on the back and I'll return the favor. Not really, I do love your choices. LOL But thanks. I love oranges and purples and pinks together. Oh I just love everyone's.

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

OK, on a side note did y'all know that Alexander Henry main office and showroom is just a few blocks from me...well ok, 12 blocks.......and I have yet to go there....I understand that you can buy end of those big cardbord spools that they wind the bolts from for kinda cheap like by the pound.....so I will try to get over my shy self and go there and take pictures and stuff...I might be able to talk myself into this if i can convince myself it would be for the good of the group 'train buddies'......just thinking as i'm sewing.
    Oh my- I wish I was with you. What a wonderful thing to do. Please take pictures - a lot - a lot. I can not even imagine buying fabric by the pound. Hope you get a great price. Please show us so we can drool over what you get. At 12.00 a yard I don't buy to much.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Finished this clue so will post, 2 going on now at my house, so set 1 and set 2Name:  DSCF0932.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  1.22 MBName:  DSCF0933.JPG
Views: 293
Size:  1.23 MBIt is what it is, we'll see .....

Wow Jaba, your doing two quilts. Both look spectacular! Love the colors on both!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Not intentionally JeanieG, had them combined first but it looked horrible so split them up and now will try this.

My pink and white print goes best with the pinky purple set and is the light value and the grape kool-ade one (which looks great with either set) is the dark value.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

here are my blocks color is not true the dark is coco brown with flower Name:  IMG_1333.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  789.6 KB

Blog Entries
    paintjudy - sorry you're still not feeling up to par. Bronchitis can be miserable so take good care of yourself. If you need to delay a clue, we can all just wait in the club car.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

Well, this clue is finished. Thanks for the extra tip that the E & F go in the corners, somehow the directions weren't reading right to me.
    Judy, if you don't feel up to this weeks clue, we'll wait. I just dropped some chocolate chip cookies & nice cold milk in the club car to keep us occupied! Get better soon!

I feel so behind. Between starting a new job and getting setting up with my new studio. I have not cut into anything yet been watching. I may end up working 14 straight days to cover not working on Turkey day or the day after. I have the fabric pick out!!! Here is what i have going so farName:  mystery quilt 3.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  83.3 KB Although I am thinking of changing E or F to a lighter fabric like a white color.

Everybody's blocks are looking so pretty - of course what else could they be with the delightful fabric choices! I'm thinking my dark may overwhelm my lights, but we'll see.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

mom6 - don't worry - your combo will really pop

everythinghomemade - pretty choices, good luck on the new job

All the sets being posted are going to be wonderful. I know it's hard when you are doing a mystery and you keep second guessing yourselves. But all is well on the mystery train, honest.

To all of you, thanks for your good wishes. The bronchitis seems a bit better already, guess I got to the doc in time before it really grabbed hold like it did in May. Or maybe it's the codeine cough syrup! It's the back that is still not good. I miss sewing -- but I'm afraid to be hunched over the machine yet. Poor little Bessie hasn't been turned on in two weeks now!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    I'm impressed with everyone's 9 parches! Such variety! Love 9 patches. So I guess I should get going on them. YAY for Judy feeling better. Just be careful so you don't overdo and relapse. We can always hold the train at the station a bit longer. Sometimes quilters enjoy the extra long stops, especially if there's a quilt store nearby!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 41 ... LastLast