Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Blog Entries
    WHAT! And you never told me!!!! I lovelovelovelove Alexander Henry fabric! I usually buy remenants because it is so expensive when I am lucky enough to find it! SOOOOOO I was thinking...... maybe it is time for me to take a side trip off this mountain and come meet you, then we could go for a little walk around the corner!!!!! You know we are paractically neighbors anyway! I thought about stopping by for coffee the other day, but welll I figure you should at least meet me before I do that!

Don't be shy! I can be the unshy one when it comes to great fabric! I love his pinup girls for my aprons, they are so cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

OK, on a side note did y'all know that Alexander Henry main office and showroom is just a few blocks from me...well ok, 12 blocks.......and I have yet to go there....I understand that you can buy end of those big cardbord spools that they wind the bolts from for kinda cheap like by the pound.....so I will try to get over my shy self and go there and take pictures and stuff...I might be able to talk myself into this if i can convince myself it would be for the good of the group 'train buddies'......just thinking as i'm sewing.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    OK I found clue 5 or 4... Yep 4 and now am making my 9p blocks... I will be gone again this weekend... Dang dang dang...Hubby has a painting job to finish and darn if the Wonderful rain decided to show up! We were really blessed to get this job in and mostly done before the rain came, so it is a day by day wait to see when the weather will be good enough to get final touches done!

I read as much as fast as I could... Judy Hope you are healing nicely, I love the pictures! love those bright colors. I can't believe it is only 7:30 it looks and feels like about midnight!

I charged my camera so I will be posting my pictures as soon as I get my 9p's made!

Blog Entries
    Name:  judy3.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  11.7 KB

ok, this is mine now time to sleep

Blog Entries
    Still have the 9P's to do but here's my HST's......

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  238.9 KB

Blog Entries
    All are so pretty. wish I could post but dont know how to get pics to computer etc. I am all caught up which is really unusual for me. lol Kids here from Florida to be with me while I had cataract surg. Now have both eyes done and can SEE now. Thank You Lord.!!!! Judy so glad u are better. I am sooooooo ready for the next clue tomorrow. Jo
    Landscape quilts and needle turn applique favs.Antlers,Ok

Everyone is making such pretty combinations. Going to love all of your quilts.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Oh, I cut my strips for the 9patch squares and I think I may stop by Rosie's on the way home from work to look for a new F fabric. Although a couple that Shadowirish are using would work well with mine. It is so hard to make a decision.

LaunnH- I really like your fabrics and the combination you have going.

Sunlintensmiles - I want to drop by around the corner with you too......I get some Friday's off and if you wanted to make it a gaggle with marytoddliz I would make the drive up north......for fabric.

It supposed to be a rainy cool weekend. I will put some beans in to soak tonight and make some soup for tomorrow's gathering for the new clue.
    Lisa

I'm finished with the 9Ps. Still have to trim, but at least I'm ready for tomorrow's clue. Just finished making a mock Italian Creme cake will will have it in the club car in a bit. Enjoy!
    Name:  Mystery quilt 3.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  179.5 KB

Belfreybat - those really are pretty!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Very nice, Belfry

but have to ask what is a mock Italian cream cake - I don't even know what a real one would bel

Blog Entries
    I have finished my 9 patch blocks too & am now ready for Saturday morning, for the next clue!! This has been so much fun keeping up with everyone & everyone is doing a marvelous job making their Mystery train blocks. This is my third train ride & I am having a BLAST!! Thank you Judy for putting these together for all of us to participate in. I am so glad that you are getting better, keep up the good work!! Now here is my picture of my finished blocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Everyone's blocks are so very pretty!!!! I have yet to get step two done. I have been so busy, just not enough time in my day!!! I usually sew when I get home from work, but have been working late this week, so when I get home am to tired. Hope to get all caught up this weekend, after I get home from work on Sat.
    Seeing everyone else's finished blocks is definately inspiring!!

I finished my 9 patch and am ready for the next clue tomorrow.
    Everyone's fabrics and blocks are great and I see a lot of fabrics that look very familiar.

Name:  HSTs and 9 patch.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  1.86 MB

I have not cut my strips for my 9 patch because I need to find a different dark color. I was going to use Grey but it did not look good.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I've had my blocks done but kept forgetting to post a picture.. Hope ya like them, the colors are a little different than what I usually pick, but thot it would be a change..I love these Mysteries, Judy you do such a good job - glad you're feeling better. Looking forward to tomorrow's clue.

Name:  Mystery blocks.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  142.9 KB

I am finally getting around to posting my pics. I love everyone's blocks. Such great fabrics. Can't wait for tomorrow's clue!

Name:  IMG_3129.JPG
Views: 600
Size:  1.11 MB

All of the fabrics are going together beautifully. The one I'm seeing as I type this post is Pam H's and blue and brown is a favorite combination of mine. And since I'm hooked on Dear Jane, reproduction fabrics always catch my eye. SulaBug, I have a lot of that same lime green fabric because I made a Hunter's Star for my teenage granddaughter (whose name is Hunter) last year from that green and purple. She specified the colors and it took me forever to make the quilt because I got so tired of looking at the same two colors, so I did a lot of other projects while that one was in progress. I finally mailed it to her for her birthday several months ago and she thanked me appropriately, but she said to her mother, "Mom, why did she think I wanted purple and green?"! Teenagers!

Next Clue

Cut 1 WOF of each of your 6 colors, A through F, cutting them 2-½“ wide. Lay them out in an order pleasing to your eye and sew with ¼” seams as shown in the photo. PLEASE NOTE: You will offset each WOF piece by 2”, creating a “stair step“ effect. . Start at the same side each time, and let the other end fall where it wants to -- your fabrics will probably not be all the exact length. Press well from the wrong side. Then press from the front, make sure to press out the little folds or wrinkles at the seam lines. One set of 6 WOF pieces will make one long piece about 12“ to 12-½ wide, depending on how accurate your seams are -- width is not 100% critical for this step.

Lay your strip set on your cutting mat with edges of long side of strip set along mat lines. Using the 45 degree line from your cutting mat, trim the left side as shown. Without moving the strip set, put the 3-½” line of your ruler along the freshly cut edge. Cut off a section, move ruler over to the right so the 3-½” line is positioned as before and cut. Keep going until all the pieces are cut from this strip set. Stack your cut pieces so the colors in the pile line up. If you started your strip with color B all your pieces will have color B at the same end of the pile.

Sew the pieces together as you would as if you were making binding, see 4th picture down. See (No, this is not going to be used for binding - way too much work for a binding LOL)

Make two more of these strip sets with colors in the same order as the first set, for a total of three strip sets

Set aside for another day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    thanks judy this is getting exciting . now off to my oldest daughters for the day
    esther

Blog Entries
    oh, this is a fun step! I can't wait to see how you are going to put this together!

Really loving this clue Judy. Most awesome!!! Have it printed out but must wait till later to start. Gotta get off the train and put up applesauce. Tomorrow I will be putting down sauerkraut. With that done I can focus on quilts and quilting.
    Sweet Caroline

Thanks Judy,
    Glad you are feeling better. Just take things slow so you can heal. I'm really loving doing this step I got one strip cut and done still have two more to do than I will post pictures. This is really one fun step. I think I'll visit the dining car and socialize a bit. Need a break from sewing for awhile.

Glad to hear everyone is having a good time!

Blog Entries
    Just printed a copy of the new clue, so I can get started on this next step!! This one looks very interesting & I can hardly wait to see how things are going to go together. This project is going to be a "WINNER" for sure!! Thank you again Judy for all of your hard work. I hope you keep getting well & taking care of yourself.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Sulabug, this is getting awfully interesting! Once the "reveal" of it shows up, then I can start designing quilting patterns for them. Right now I haven't a clue! But, I keep adding stuff to the repertoire, so I'll come up with something unique!

Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast