Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Ok Judy how many cuts do we need from the sewn strips? 6 and then sew 2 together to make it longer?
    Mary

Name:  Mystery quilt Train Ride #3.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  671.6 KBOkay here are my strips. Mary O I got 8 cuts from each strip than sewed them together to make one long one.

Mary O here is what I did from each strips sewn I got 8 cuts, then I sewed the 8 cuts together and made a long strip. I also did this to the other two . So each of my strips were put together with 8 cuts.

MaryO, pbadder has it right. Just cut asw many as you get and sew them together, length of your finished strip is not critical, there is a bit of play in the piece.

pbadder, very very pretty pieces all sewn together!

I'm trying to keep you guessing as long as possible, hope I have you all totally befuddled!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Judy, you're doing a great job of keeping us guessing! Right now I'm not even trying to piece it together to see what may be the final result! With 2 (?) more clues to go, I think you're going to get us right down to the end with this one!!

Blog Entries

this is a great step...so pretty....thinking of many uses (most would use an even number of strips) Judy you are really keeping us quessing !

Gotta keep you on your toes!

Okay, just read the clue. I will try to do it tonight.

I just put the crock pot full of white bean chili in the club car. It is a bit spicy so hop you like it.

Okay, to go cut the fabrics.

Thanks Judy for doing it.
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Sulabug, this is getting awfully interesting! Once the "reveal" of it shows up, then I can start designing quilting patterns for them. Right now I haven't a clue! But, I keep adding stuff to the repertoire, so I'll come up with something unique!
    Cindy.............I am counting on you to come up with something really nice for this project when it's finished!! I am so pleased with how it is turning out so far. I love this mystery, don't you?
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    I'm now caught up with last weeks clue....that's pretty good for me! Hopefully I can get some of this weeks done tomorrow, before going back to work.
    Everyone's blocks look so nice. Mine feel a bit uncoordinated. I've tried to step out a bit 'cause I tend to be pretty matchy. So here they are.....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  274.3 KB

I finally got my HST squared and will work on the next clue this coming week. Been busy getting rest of my Nov Swaps done. I am loving all the different color combos.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    I had to wait to work on the latest clue this afternoon. Got all my strip sets cut, just need to sew them together. We are to sew each set together to make 3 separate lengths? I got a totlal of 7 cuts with my fabrics.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Vicki and Caroline, pretty blocks, love 'em.

Jenniky, you're lucky you're only cut off from fabric shopping till the new year! Or is that a self-imposed rule?
    LOL I wish it was a self imposed rule..otherwise I would be out today taking advantage of JoAnn's Veteran's day sale.
    Have an awesome day!

you guys are so fast. I still cant sew! argh. got one border seam sewn this morning on a wall hanging and my arm said I dont think so. Guess you use your left arm more than I thought when sewing. shoot! maybe later? or tomorrow. I want so catch up so bad I could cry,itchy fingers want to sew. one day at a time, think I will bake my pine cones today and kill any critters hiding in them. good plan. baked pine cones. life sure gets interesting around here. keep showing your progress everyone love love seeing the combos come out. three strips hum.. one one way one another between rows that is my guess as its not a sashing.. of course could end up being recut and made into a 800 piece star
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

elisabrat, feel better soon -- I know how you feel, I was so itchy to get sewing after my back problems and not sewing for 2 weeks, that I sat down at the machine yesterday for an hour, and now my back aches bad. Guess I need to get back to the doc to see what is going on here. Ugh. Hate not being able to sew!

Finally got my half square triangles done last night. Used a ruler I have had for about 4 years but have never used it. Called the Wondercut ruler. It was AWESOME!!! I whipped those HST's out so fast!!!! That ruler is my new best friend!!! I am planning on making a quilt with all HST for a friend and I cannot wait to use this ruler again!!

Okay, I am putting some chili in the slow cooker, gonna pour it over rice, and oatmeal cookies for dessert. Everyone welcom in the food car!!!!

Well I see I'm not the only one who's having to wait to get things stitched together. Those back and shoulder issues are no fun! Mine doesn't give me much trouble with sewing since I put my cutting table on cinder blocks. But let me get in the groove on crocheting and next thing I know my shoulder is screaming at me.

Gotta go finish getting dressed and head to work at the stained glass shop. Had my second lesson this week. Now I'm learning how to solder, which I am VERY poor at. Seems like I can't get my hands to work together to get the line smooth and even.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Blog Entries
    If I sew sitting down, my back freezes up.....years ago we put my machines on high tables and I sew & serge standing up.....the secret is to be sure they are high enough that you are standing up straight (same goes for ironing board)..and if my legs feel tired there is a daybed in the sewing room, the secret is to lay down not sit down. I am sure it would look funny if anyone ever saw, but hand sewing bindings and applique can be done laying down with a lap tray holding the project and sewing with your arms supported at the elbows with the mattress or pillows if needed

Yesterday I was at the LQS for a class "Picture Piecing" with Cynthia England, it was wonderful...I have admired her work since the mid 90's ....anyone who has not seen 'Piece and Quiet' should check her website. My back was so bad that I had to do the surefire back cure......3-4 inches of really warm water in the tub and lay down with your back flat to the bottom of the tub (legs bent or up the wall(good for ankles)...yes it messes up your hair-do but it sure straightens out the muscles of the back.

ok, sorry so wordy today, off to sew now !

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Cindy.............I am counting on you to come up with something really nice for this project when it's finished!! I am so pleased with how it is turning out so far. I love this mystery, don't you?
    Sulabug, this one is definitely a mystery to me! I haven't a clue as to where it's leading, but I think we're going to see some mighty pretty quilts come out of it! I'm having a blast with this! I really enjoyed the last one, but liking this one even more.
    As I said, am working on a bunch of new designs for quilting, so when we see the final pattern then I can start with my sketch pad & pencil to design something super for it. Let's see what it turns out to be. With 9patch & HST, that's pretty easy, but now we have this braid thing??? Don't know. Maybe next clue will give us a much better idea.
    Oh! I have a message from Santa for you......watch your mailbox, there's a package heading your way!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Sulabug, this one is definitely a mystery to me! I haven't a clue as to where it's leading, but I think we're going to see some mighty pretty quilts come out of it! I'm having a blast with this! I really enjoyed the last one, but liking this one even more.
    As I said, am working on a bunch of new designs for quilting, so when we see the final pattern then I can start with my sketch pad & pencil to design something super for it. Let's see what it turns out to be. With 9patch & HST, that's pretty easy, but now we have this braid thing??? Don't know. Maybe next clue will give us a much better idea.
    Oh! I have a message from Santa for you......watch your mailbox, there's a package heading your way!
    WHAT.......a message from Santa!! Don't worry I will be waiting at the mail box on Tuesday, to see if anything comes for me yet. Now, I can hardly wait. I wonder what it could be? I got one of the new clue strips done last night & I am so please with the idea & the color's. I know this is going to be Great. Can't wait for the next clue!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Finally got my three strips sewn. This will be my last post for a week, as tomorrow we're going on a REAL train ride, destination Syracuse NY. Here's a peek:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by labeelady; 11-11-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    WHAT.......a message from Santa!! Don't worry I will be waiting at the mail box on Tuesday, to see if anything comes for me yet. Now, I can hardly wait. I wonder what it could be? I got one of the new clue strips done last night & I am so please with the idea & the color's. I know this is going to be Great. Can't wait for the next clue!!
    Yep, that was the message! Don't know what's in it, but I'm sure you'll let me know!
    I had intended to do my strips today, but Queenie decided to mess up with eyelashes! So, I've spent the afternoon frogging! Will get my strips done tomorrow.

are we supposed to cut all three strips and sew them together. am confused as you said to set two aside for another day?

Quote Originally Posted by susan... View Post
    are we supposed to cut all three strips and sew them together. am confused as you said to set two aside for another day?
    My inclination is to leave those aside til later, cut the new ones as per this weeks instructions.

Here's my Clue #5 strips. This step was fun to do. I'll be keeping my eye out for other patterns using this technique. Labeelady, I took my two very young children on a train trip from Louisiana to Kentucky years ago and it was a wonderful trip. Hope you enjoy it.
    Name:  QB Mystery Clue5.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  298.0 KB

Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast