Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I need someone to join me Caroline! If we're naughty and they kick us off, we can just board again. Knew I must have had a reason, planning ahead..
    Thanks for the second boarding pass Jaba. I will need it as I am jumping off to "shop" the stash.
    Sweet Caroline

You are too too funny! Sounds just like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Judy wish you were home but and listen to the BUT remember if they think maybe an extra day TAKE AN EXTRA DAY DONT PUSH TO GO HOME I have done that again and again and think I would learn. You get home great and all and you realize you might need a bit extra help. Water? oh crud gotta get up to get it, someone to hold your arm for extra balance even if you are getting up with a walker sure comes in handy til your really sure your good to go and heck dont even think of picking that napkin off the floor unless you have a grabber and can pick it up AND put it on something high enough to reach over to.. you have to let these things heal or you get a much longer lucky visit back at that hospital which well unless your food was different than mine when I was in.. the food isnt all that great. and quilting? hah, laugh at that.. hand quilted in bed there oh what fun. kept losing stuff couldnt sit up enough to find it, argh it was not nearly as much fun as whipping it out on the machine and the stitches were a whole lot closer on my brother than by hand that is for sure.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Hello, hello, finally got home a couple hours ago. Still sore and moving slow, but at least I am out of there! Can;t wait to get to the next step.

JENNIKY great choices!

pbadder - Welcome. Good to see you ... and as to my choices, I like your posting #637 from today.

Oooooo COOPAH bee-you-tea-full

CAROLINE S I always shred my carrots for split pea soup, use one of those old fashioned 4-sided grater/slicer thingies -- I find a food process will work fine too if you have one, but hate cleaning that whole thing for a couple shredded carrots. Call me lazy, LOL.

DRUE I will add my welcome to those who wrote to you earlier. All are welcome, to jump onboard any time.

EVIE very very pretty fabrics

QUILT ADDICT Welcome.

Ok, so I think I answered eveyone's questions. If not, send me a PM and will be happy to answer.

How do I get each installment in this mystery series? I thought I'd joined a few weeks ago but have no idea where to go to get more instructions.

Blog Entries
    Clue 1 is the first message in this topic. Clue #2 is post #264. Clue #3 was posted a week later and is the same as clue 2 only you use fabrics C & D. Clue #4 will be posted this Saturday (Nov 3).
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Marcellelee, the fabric requirements are on page one. the next clue #2 is post #264 and the clue #3 is post #994. Judy posts the fabric as clue #1. Good luck and join in. Retta

Where do you find the post? Thanks for responding.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Elisabrat from the picture I do too! But the 1 is more of a turquiose green and when I'd sewed these together then it was really off. The lavender w/ the lavender & green floral is green, then with the other with it it was just to much turquiose and not enough of the green tint. It just clashed boom!!!to me and was driving me nutso! We'll see Saturday or ? maybe if these 2 aren't side by side it'll be okay. If not then no biggy, can always use another quilt around.
    Got a question for all of you....what would you do??? Had a lady call me from OKLA this morning. She'd seen some quilts that I had made for my granddaughter and wanted to know how much it would be to make 1. She wanted "tigger" fabric, I said for a child then? no for me, I love him! (1st mistake) How big I asked, regular bed she said. I asked if she meant it was a standard or queen, regular bed! (2nd mistake) I said I would be more comfortable if she could measure bed and let me know those sizes. So then I said there are several colors of background fabric, blue, pink and off white that I had seen, geezs I got tigger, I just want tigger!! I ended up telling her to measure her bed and if she would buy the main focus tigger fabric then I would go from there and give her a price. Needless to say I haven't heard back and not real sure if I want to, to many ifs for me I think? But would like your opinion, would you have done it differently or what should I have said. Really want your honest opinion here, I really NEED to know!!

marciellee - Bookmark the page below.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t203100.html
    Then, when you come online, you can get to this thread for the mystery, where all the clues will be posted on Saturday morning.s.

Blog Entries
    jaba, I think you asked important questions. It sounds like she may have gotten overwhelmed with the questions and not understood what goes into a quilt. If you decide it is something you would like to do, maybe call her back and talk with her to see how she is feeling about it. Maybe getting a price for a full size or double bed to help her see the price difference in bed sizes. I honestly don't think you did anything wrong and are valid in your second thoughts. Good luck and I hope you get it figured out
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Blog Entries
    marcelllee post number is in the upper right corner of each post this is post #661 do you see ^^^ it ?
    Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 11-01-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Fabric options

Thanks for letting be jump onto the train.

Okay here are a couple of collections from my stash. Yes they are very different. Do they work? Which one do you think would come out better? I appreciate your suggestions. Then I will try getting to the HST done hopefully next week. I have some other projects I have to finish this weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lisa

WOW lisa they both work one I personally enjoy more but they both work. I say pick one and get sewing.

Jaba ok colors are not reading true ok.. then you know it when you see it if you think its off its off. Sorry for picking the 'ugly one' lol. ok next issue you have. The lady obviously had a quick thought but not an IDEA so if she calls back go with your gut. Did she sound real? did she sound like SHE COULD afford you? your time has value if you end up doing it for free or next to nil becauseyou feel bad could you or would you have spent that time making something else otherwise? and enjoyed it more? dont give it away because she is clueless. She sounds design easy. She sounds like choice hard as all heck. no fun but your gut tells you right or wrong. go with it.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quilt Addict - personally, I like #2

Jaba - I have the same problem with customers sometimes. They have a general idea, but don't know how to execute it, which is where we come in with our creative minds. I think you did well with offering to let her choose the focal fabric & you take it from there. Customers like that are pretty easy to please as far as design goes, but until you communicate further, you'll not know what she has visioned it to look like. I agree with Elisabrat, don't give your time away. You're taking time away from something else to do this quilt for the lady, charge for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    WOW lisa they both work one I personally enjoy more but they both work. I say pick one and get sewing.
    Ditto, Ditto. I like both. Though the first pic of fabrics is my favorite. Have you considered making two?
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Also get a deposit large enough that she wont want to lose it. I learned the hard way when doing work for pay.Get some up front to cover fabric costs at least. Several I finished and the person changed her mind and had redecorated and I was left holding the bag so to speak.
    Landscape quilts and needle turn applique favs.Antlers,Ok

Blog Entries
    jolo I always do that 1/2 up front or I don't start and I always get that before I even think about buying fabric. With the price of fabric, a simple turning 20 design and you've got $100 in it with the backing, then thread, batting and time binding. People want to buy one but they want to pay 89.95 like your JCP or something. Nope got other things to do, plus I'd have to pay someone more than that to come and dust and vacuum my house. Well, that might be worth it if they'd clean the bathrooms too!!

Blog Entries
    Really like all these fabrics. They all go well together and also when u switch them around.
    Landscape quilts and needle turn applique favs.Antlers,Ok

Blog Entries
    Waiting for the next clue and hoping some of these squares are going to work. They're just going to have to, maybe I'll end up with a scrappy who dun it one.

you will have to come back to the original posting and find it from there

And I think there is a way to get messages sent to your email if there is something posted on this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by marcellelee View Post
    How do I get each installment in this mystery series? I thought I'd joined a few weeks ago but have no idea where to go to get more instructions.

Woo hoo quilt addict - I vote for the second one but I would used that great squiggly print for one of he A B C or D fabrics. It's too pretty not to see a lot of the print - like in the HST. But the first collection is pretty too - make both if you cannot decide!
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
    Thanks for letting be jump onto the train.

Okay here are a couple of collections from my stash. Yes they are very different. Do they work? Which one do you think would come out better? I appreciate your suggestions. Then I will try getting to the HST done hopefully next week. I have some other projects I have to finish this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Woo hoo quilt addict - I vote for the second one but I would used that great squiggly print for one of he A B C or D fabrics. It's too pretty not to see a lot of the print - like in the HST.
    Judy, glad you are back and feeling better.

Thanks everyone for your help with the fabric. I think I will use the brights in the second photo and will see about changing the squigly to one of the A-D fabrics. I will save the civil war fabrics for another trip, bigger quilt. Yeah, been saving them for awhile now.

I have duty this weekend but will try to contribute to the food car next week. I want to try that pumkin butter in the crock pot mentioned earlier, but that will have to wait 'til next weekend so i can put up the extra so everyone can take a jar home with them. The avacados are not ripe yet either, but maybe by the end of the trip!
    Lisa

Help - I'm trying to post a picture of my fabrics, which I have never done. When I try to put the picture on here, it doesn't seem to be there. Do you actually see the picture before you send the reply? I know I click on the tree icon and then find my pic, but as I said, the picture doesn't seem to be here. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Blog Entries
    Yes, the picture should show before you hit the post reply button. Sometimes it takes awhile for the picture to load. I always go to the "go advanced" button when adding a picture. Other than that...I dunno. Good luck and hope you get your picture posted.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

dart1, check out Patrice's instructions here http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t168819.html

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast