Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1570

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I think I may redo one of my blocks because If I don't it will be all red(both are red on the outer areas). I still love the other blocks may incorpriate those into the backing
    ​Christine

OOOH! Love this!!! I can't wait to finish it...hopefully by next week...the craftshows are over for me for the year...I don't do any in Dec. because I have to have time to do my own personal things. Tiring, but I love doing it. I think my DGD will love this for her graduation quilt! Thank you Judy for the wonderful ride & your tireless work when you do these...very much appreciated! And thank you ladies for the hilarious, food/drink filled ride, & all the help that has been given!!! Will be ready for the 4th mystery train ride when you're ready Judy!

judy how cute i have never down an irish chain was nervous and you tricked me into doing it. i can't wait to sew it together thank you for doing this

Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    I am so far behind i have no Idea if I will be able to catch up. I do have one set of strips sewn for one of the 9 patches so far.
    You are so far ahead of me!!! I picked out my fabrics and that's it. I have a huge customer quilt that I am doing custom quilting on and I need to finish it before I can do anything for me. I have managed to "capture" clues 3, 7 & 8 and the 9P instructions. Looks like I'll be reading a zillion pages to find the other clues!

Judy, thanks so much. soooo much. I think after all is said, stressed over and sewn, this is going to be one of my fav mysteries. I'm a bit behind because I picked up a book and then two more by the same author. Oh how I wish I could sew and read. Can't even listen to audio books while sewing. I have a tendency to close out all background noise. Hugssssss to all, Retta still in sunny but oh so cold FL now

Blog Entries
    Hello, Everyone! I posted when the train began and I did keep up with the clues . . . . . . . but, I was bitten with the shingles bug and no one told me how it plays with your mind and emotions! I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I am working on the clues from yesterday. Judy, I have enjoyed this Mystery from the start. It was the only thing I looked forward to for the last 5 weeks. This train came when I sure needed it. Thank you for doing this project for us even through your physical setback! I will post when I piece this all together!
    Judith

jtquilts, oh my gosh, my heart goes out to you, how awful. Hope you are better now.

chef, I can't listen to audio books either because I, too, tend to pay attention to my sewin then and my mind wanders and I am thinking something else and all of a sudden I have totally lost my place in the audio book. Oh well......
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    ok,
    first clue is post #1 on page#1 (page numbers will differ depending on your setting of how many posts per page)

clue#2 is post #264 page #27

clue#3 is post #494 page #50

clue #4 is post #694 page #70

clue #5 is post #843 page #85

clue #6 is post #954 page #96

Clues #7 & #8 are post #1092 page #110

Blog Entries
    Name:  PB240059.JPG
Views: 572
Size:  1.56 MB
    fabric to entertain all with pet cats.....giggle

Blog Entries
    The cat fabric designer must have had cats. The activities look about right to me!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    oh, I love the Cat Fabric! Where did you get it Sunni? I have 3 cats one is strictly out doors and the two that are in the house hang out in my sewing room all the time, they are usually not interested in much except laying all over my fabric and quilts, but Bella, my princess, likes to sit in my lap when I sew.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    jtquilts, I love your pear wall hanging, Did you make the pattern? I have Pear curtains in my sewing room. I inherited a Bolt of it an made lots of things, now I am down to a few yards, I think I might try a fruity throw for the sun porch.

Well I am going to try the next step in the mystery quilt today. At least get a few blocks put together. I need a break from my Craft show sewing! I do a few all year long but one big one during the holidays. This year it is Dec 1st, then I start my own sewing! Hubby says if we don't sell we give as gifts!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I am loving everyone's blocks so far. I have 1 of each block done and the rest will have to wait until I have some Christmas and baby stuff done.
    If anyone is interested in doing another mystery quilt. Bonnie Hunter (quiltville.com) has one that just started. I just got my fabric for it yesterday.

Name:  IMG_0061.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  1.49 MB

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Marybeth. No, I got the idea for the pear wall hanging from a book called Stitch and Split Applique by Jayne Crow and Joan Segna.

I have loved seeing everyone's progress. I so love how this pattern is turning out.

Judy, yes, I am seeing progress with the Shingles. I have had a mild case. . . . .I can't imagine anything worse.
    Judith

OK everyone - at the risk of sounding dumb ;>)

Oh well, here goes....

How do I play this game... I'm all over it. Disabled, don't get out much, have literally thousands of yards of stash, and I can quilt and sew. Please let me know. I would really like to play along.

Carol

Judith, I hope you recover quickly from the shingles. I had them when I was 3 yrs old and still remember how terrible it was.
    Carol, you are welcome to read through all the pages of this message but if you want to get right to the mystery quilt the post #s for the clues are near the top of this page (post #1133). Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by shepardgirl2 View Post
    OK everyone - at the risk of sounding dumb ;>)

Oh well, here goes....

How do I play this game... I'm all over it. Disabled, don't get out much, have literally thousands of yards of stash, and I can quilt and sew. Please let me know. I would really like to play along.

Carol
    Here are the post #'s of the clues that Sunliten listed above. Just go to each clue and follow them in the order given.

first clue is post #1 on page#1 (page numbers will differ depending on your setting of how many posts per page)

clue#2 is post #264 page #27

clue#3 is post #494 page #50

clue #4 is post #694 page #70

clue #5 is post #843 page #85

clue #6 is post #954 page #96

Clues #7 & #8 are post #1092 page #110
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Hello, Carol! Welcome to the board. This thread is a Mystery Quilt that paintmejudy has designed and has posted clues for us the last 7 or so weeks. Yesterday Judy posted the last clues for us to see the solution. SunlitenSmiles, on post # 1133 reminded us where all of the clues are so you can go back and work on the clues and join us! I think clue #1 gives the fabric amounts and a guideline to select your colors. If you join feel free to post pictures of your fabric choices and progress as you complete a clue.
    Judith

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Pam. I can't even imagine having shingles at 3. Chicken Pox was bad enough without the added element of the nerve tingle thing!
    Judith

Blog Entries
    Shingles is a dirty word as we age. The last time I had them was at least 15 years ago. They were on my face and involved the eye so I ended up with a detached retina. And, of course, they started just as school started that year which greatly complicated things.

I am finishing a Spicy Spiral before I finish this quilt. I hope I have it done in time to post here.

Those pears are making me hungry. I made a good apple bar dessert for Thanksgiving. It would be good with pears, too. The recipe is in the recipe section here, though I added more sour cream, another egg and dropped the flour in the filling. Pear bars coming up. Who's going to make the coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    oh, I love the Cat Fabric! Where did you get it Sunni? I have 3 cats one is strictly out doors and the two that are in the house hang out in my sewing room all the time, they are usually not interested in much except laying all over my fabric and quilts, but Bella, my princess, likes to sit in my lap when I sew.
    Mary, you can find the fabric at Joann's...http://www.joann.com/novelty-cotton-...om/xprd944443/
    I hope you can open the link.. I've had this for a long time, used in w/quilting - even made a blouse from it..It's just a cheerful print..

Jean

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Shingles is a dirty word as we age. The last time I had them was at least 15 years ago. They were on my face and involved the eye so I ended up with a detached retina. And, of course, they started just as school started that year which greatly complicated things.

I am finishing a Spicy Spiral before I finish this quilt. I hope I have it done in time to post here.

Those pears are making me hungry. I made a good apple bar dessert for Thanksgiving. It would be good with pears, too. The recipe is in the recipe section here, though I added more sour cream, another egg and dropped the flour in the filling. Pear bars coming up. Who's going to make the coffee?
    Sorry to hear about your shingles, and not trying to derail the train (oh, it's at the station, so we should be okay), but as soon as you reach 60 years young, you can get a shot that will help prevent shingles. It's worth it. Please spread the word. Shingles can cause blindness, and other also very serious complications. If you had chicken pox as a child, you can get shingles as an adult. Detached retina...were you able to have it repaired in time? My, I sure hope so.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Laughing...cat print was in my Darling Daughters' stash.......just knew you would like it ...giggle

Carol welcome aboard, come and sew with us, part of the fun is not knowing how the blocks will finish and the setting but it is a great pattern and broken into very friendly 'pieces/clues'.

Knowing this group we will all be finishing up for a couple of months and sharing progress here......then.... next year sometime......there may be a Fourth MysteryTrain With Judy....I hope,I hope,I hope.

Judy, does the quilt have a name other than "Third Mystery Train with Judy"? I'd love to put a name on the label and the only train "name" that comes to mind right now is Chattanooga Choo Choo, which doesn't particularly relate to this one. I really hope you get a chance to publish the pattern -- it's definitely one I'll make again.

Thank you Judy for a fabulous first mystery quilt. I have enjoyed every moment. I love the blocks and will be putting them together over the next weekend then I will post a picture. I'm so pleased with myself becuase if I had seen the pattern before starting I probaby would have thought oh no to hard. You made it very simple to understand. I will be looking forward to your next train trip!
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast