Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1570

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

I got some of that fabric and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    Attachment 378455
    fabric to entertain all with pet cats.....giggle
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Coopah, I have reservations about having the shingles vaccine. My shingles aren't gone, just hiding. I will have an outbreak on my wrist if I forget to take 500 mg of L-Lysine daily. The vaccine is live. If it were a killed vaccine, I'd consider it, but it just doesn't feel right to have it under the circumstances. Besides, I had two injections of the contaminated steroids so I'm on meningitis watch. Such is life.

Enough off topic. Judy, please accept my thank you along with the others. I can hardly wait to see my red roses in such an interesting pattern. From another Judy

Bless your heart!!! This is exactly what I needed!!! You saved me hours of hunting!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

ok,
    first clue is post #1 on page#1 (page numbers will differ depending on your setting of how many posts per page)

clue#2 is post #264 page #27

clue#3 is post #494 page #50

clue #4 is post #694 page #70

clue #5 is post #843 page #85

clue #6 is post #954 page #96

Clues #7 & #8 are post #1092 page #110

Blog Entries
    you are most welcome....this is fun !

after the fourth clue you may want to follow the discusssion for a few pages ..... the discussion sheds some light on the subject.

I am glad you decided to join in.....this is a wonderful group....with an awesome leader !

Blog Entries
    i have all my blocks made. ready to sew them together. the camera is charging. not bad for blindly following.

Finished

I finally finished this quilt that has been taking my time so I couldn't work on the mystery. I showed a square of what it was all about, here is the finished product. So what do you think, he will recognize the pictures of the jets as copies of the pictures off his wall??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Judy, wonderful train ride as usual, loved the discussions, the chit chat, the great company and everything else that makes these trips so enjoyable. And best of all love the mystery, never see it coming. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    AnngelAnne the quilt is really grand he will see the pictures and know immediately.......

Brillant....what a treasure !

Blog Entries
    welcome Carol, I have only the first two blocks made the half squares and the nine patches. So we can play catch up together. lol I am always somewhat behind . Jo
    Landscape quilts and needle turn applique favs.Antlers,Ok

Anne, your quilt is fabulous! He is going to be one happy man when he gets that quilt!

Today is sewing mystery blocks together day. I am praying they look half as good as the ones shown here. Everyone did an amazing job. I looked at the other mystery train going but its so much fabric and the colors are not something that I would chose together. I am sure they will work so well and I will have missed out. I will wait for another one by Judy here. This was in my ability and I barely had enough fabric for this one. I love the chatter here and you can't beat the food. It was delicious and I didnt gain one pound. the libations just made cutting all those strips that much easier

I had chicken pox when I was 29. It was not a picnic. I think often about shingles. I have nerve serious nerve damage as it is that I live with. Oh boy .. shingles. I can't get any live vaccines either. I guess I just have to pray I dont stress out enough or get sick enough with anything to have an outbreak. I am so sorry you had to go through with that. Learning to breathe when you just want to cry or crawl up a wall is a tough one. I will hope you can go a seriously long time without having another outbreak.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Carol, just follow the clues -- this is what Sunlite posted the pther day. All the clues are here in this thread. You can just jump in and start, working at your own pace. Good luck! But not a mystery for you any more, is it? LOL Good luck. f

first clue is post #1 on page#1
    (page numbers will differ depending on your setting of how many posts per page)

clue#2 is post #264 page #27

clue#3 is post #494 page #50

clue #4 is post #694 page #70

clue #5 is post #843 page #85

clue #6 is post #954 page #96

Clues #7 & #8 are post #1092 page #110

Quote Originally Posted by shepardgirl2 View Post
    OK everyone - at the risk of sounding dumb ;>)

Oh well, here goes....

How do I play this game... I'm all over it. Disabled, don't get out much, have literally thousands of yards of stash, and I can quilt and sew. Please let me know. I would really like to play along.

Carol
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to catch up! Been gone or the last 3 weeks. we moved the first of november and some mix ups that with our internet provider that kept getting "fixed" but then there would be no record of the fix....grrr... so we just got our internet back at 2 this afternoon! So glad to be back Can't wait to see all of the finished quilts. Love the pattern you made Judy it is gorgeous!
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Well, I just spent the better part of 2 days assembling all the pieces, parts. Now it's in one piece! Hooray!!! But....ya'll ain't seeing it til it's quilted! Which will be real soon, as it just became a Christmas present for my SIL!

Judy, thanks for the ride once again! You're the greatest at keeping it a mystery! I didn't see this pattern coming! Great pattern & one I'll make again, for sure! I look forward to the next ride!!

Blog Entries
    Name:  SANY0349 (250x188).jpg
Views: 416
Size:  94.3 KBhere's my mystery quilt top. finished, pressed, off to the long arm quilter tomorr. the colors are brown, yellow and and green--the indian kind. spelling is just off tonite. sorry. gee the color is off. around the green, it's yellow. lots of yellow in it.
    Name:  SANY0349.JPG
Views: 437
Size:  968.2 KB
    Last edited by sewNso; 11-26-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    That turned out great! Put all the blocks together for the teal and pink one and it looks awful, don't like it together at all so going to make 2 small ones and ship them to Quilts for Kids. Just to bold of a pink I think, can't make myself sew it even..... Hope the pink, lavender and green one looks better. Hubby has just about finished with his lights outside on the house. Couldn't get the whole house but got the front of it so going to try to change my avatar to my house. Haven't started on the inside yet, another week or so.

SewNso your quilt top is lovely !
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    SewNSo it looks great love it
    ​Christine

Sewnsew that is GREAT! I really love it!
    Jaba show us what your talking about. you have two you did the mystery with. Is it the first set or the second set your not feeling? I guess you at least know how to work the pattern now so nothing lost. lap quilts for seniors great for wheel chairs. I forget the rules for quilts for kids other than they have to be cotton. IT CANT BE THAT BAD you showed two sets that were not bad..
    I am that much closer. I have the first set of three strips sewn together the fD combo tomorrow the EB combo then its sew it all together! I am happy with what I am seeing. PHEW!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

omg turning out so pretty. I still have to do the last piecing clue and then put the blocks together. I am behind which is unusual for me. But I got caught up with reading over the turkey hol. Will have to buckle down now. Have a great day. Finally raining here and we need it so badly. Too many fires. Hugsss from NW wet Florida

AnngelAnne the quilt is really grand he will see the pictures and know immediately.......

Brillant....what a treasure !
    Thank you Sunliten, without the frames and his wall as background it might take a minute, but it will be fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Anne, your quilt is fabulous! He is going to be one happy man when he gets that quilt!
    Thanks Pam, I sure hope so. Christmas and birthday present combined, lol, no time for anything else.

SewNso your quilt turned out really nice, and you are quick to have it done so soon. Great job.

I'm with you, Jaba -- Love my A/B and love my C/D, but they look lousy together! There was a reason Judy started the clue with monochromatic colors. So I'm going to search for fabric to go with each and make two. I really love the pattern and I'll enjoy making more blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by katybob View Post
    I'm with you, Jaba -- Love my A/B and love my C/D, but they look lousy together! There was a reason Judy started the clue with monochromatic colors. So I'm going to search for fabric to go with each and make two. I really love the pattern and I'll enjoy making more blocks.
    Now that is the way to solve a problem, maybe more work but worth it in the end. Smart cookie.

Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 57 ... LastLast