Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 47 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1570

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Well she can always give it to her cat. Thanks for the nice words everyone. I will look at that method. I am going to get a wall pin board (?) after the holidays oh oh a design board? and hope we can attach it with say a strip of board at the ceiling wall level? so that I can pin and hang it I think that will make this soo much easier for me. Also I am sending out for quilting anything larger than a wall hanging. I just cant get into shoving things in the machine. Its hard work. I say this now.. right after a long night. today is another day. Cookies and table runners. sewing for.. FUN ah now that is good.And I will never piece a back again I hate it. why it looks ok on others quilts I dont know but for me its beyond my happy spot.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I think it looks great! Those binding corners you did are perfect, good job miss brat!!!! Be proud..

Elisa, it's great. Love the scrappy back. And no one will notice a few wrinkles in the back, trust me on that.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Elisabrat - I'm with the others - I think it looks just great! No one pays much attention to the back anyway. I bet your relieved to have it finally done and out of your way! Hurrah, and move on to a new "fun" project!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I was able to finish my Mystery Quilt this weekend. I watched my grandson on Sunday all day and was able to sew while he napped. What a good boy!! Anyway, I must say a big Thank you to Judy for doing this. If I had not done this mystery quilt, I probably would have never tried anything like this pattern. I really love this quilt. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to do it in Autumn colors. It still needs to be sandwiched and quilted but I couldn't wait to show it to you. The dark color is green. (Looks black in pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images

ooohhh that came out reallly nice. the first pic had me all cross eyed wondering how did you get it so square the lines and then duh I see the next pic you must have been shooting at a corner to corner angle the first time. phew had me thinking how did I get so confused when putting mine together! I wasnt! tada! I really liked the commadre that comes with working together you know? it was oh so fun and ..well pushing each other just by seeing a post oh I finished i finished ahh better start sewing! and it kept me onmy toes and from getting distracted easily which happens here all the time. only a couple more weeks.. I am excited. I have some bright fabrics.. turtles etc that I was going to use in a baby quilt wonder if I can use them in the next scrappy quilt.. they were a gift from a friend and well mystery is a good choice for me .. no idea where and how to use them otherwise. about five or six fq's for sure. plus all my scraps. Or would it be better Judy to plan on pure scraps I have oodles of those too.
    Linda

Elisabrat, I think your's looks fine...Like the Amish say, 'every quilt must have a mistake in it to prove it was handmade' (or something like that, lolo). The backing is fine, you've worked on it so long, (and when you're tired) - after you have rested and left it for a while, it'll look different to you..;o)

Sustraley, your's is really pretty too. I'm getting mine done, slow but surely, seems there's a holiday coming soon that has kinda taken precedence over some things...lolo

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Merry Christmas is right. I hope everyone finds a moment of peace along the way. Right now its midnight the Christmas tree is lite and the rain is softly hitting the roof and windows. This is peace for me. A kitty on my lap purring and I am not even petting him. I am very thankful for so many things. Its Christmas for me in my heart all the time.
    Linda

Elsabrat you are too hard on yourself. I think the quilt is beautiful and the quilting looks fine to me. The back is a 'good 'ole scrap back' and I love those as much as I do the quilt fronts. Oftentimes I will use one of my quilts back side up just to see larger chunks of the fabric on the front. It reminds me of my grandmother's quilts.

Be proud of what you did. Once you get some sleep things will look much better.
    Last edited by IBQLTN; 12-18-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Sustraley your quilt turned out so very pretty! Great job!

Morning! I do feel better and I had to just let it go. I loved the quilt top. That is a huge part of the quilt and it came out ok. the back is what it is can't fix it so no losing sleep over it. Its out of the house and I am ready for another run at the mystery train. You all are so extremely kind and I can't thank you enough for the pats on the back the laughter and the wonderful support that seems to come naturally to the ladies here. I am in awe. Thanks again everyone. I am the comeback kid here and by next year should be that much better. Less errors. Oh yeah.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Morning! I do feel better and I had to just let it go. I loved the quilt top. That is a huge part of the quilt and it came out ok. the back is what it is can't fix it so no losing sleep over it. Its out of the house and I am ready for another run at the mystery train. You all are so extremely kind and I can't thank you enough for the pats on the back the laughter and the wonderful support that seems to come naturally to the ladies here. I am in awe. Thanks again everyone. I am the comeback kid here and by next year should be that much better. Less errors. Oh yeah.
    No errors, just different. Besides, when I first joined my quilt group I was told it is not errors, mistakes or anything else negative, it is adding character. And trust me, I add a lot of character to my quilts. I love the pictures I have seen, love the work you people have all done. Anything finished is a plus in my book. You are all great. This time I came along for the ride and still enjoyed the ride even though I wasn't making one myself. Of course now I see all the finished work I wish I had, but time just wasn't on my side this time. You are all GREAT!!!. Merry Christmas everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    A word of caution about speaking out loud that next year will be better ... when I turned 40 on Dec 26 (many moons ago) I told people I was looking foward to my 40th year because I was sure it would be better than my 39th. Three weeks later at the Bishop's Reception complete with silver tea and coffee service at our church following Confirmation, I slid across the newly polished floor and fractured my ankle! LOL

Blog Entries
    Elisa, the last quilt i made from this pattern, had 'veriations' to it also. and they were not on purpose. but i finished it anyway, and never told the cousin i gave it to. the very center blocks of some star squares were made backwards.
    so the criss cross pattern wasn't complete here and there. i don't believe she even noticed, or cared. the colors were so magnif, and cheery, yellow and aqua, so she was over the moon just having recieved it.
    i had made it in a marathon sewing session until 2 a.m. one morning. at 65, that is not a good idea, i now believe.

Ah but I am so sorry about your ankle. I however spent many moons hospitalized this year and ended up with a transplant. So my theory is this is a much much better year no matter how I look at it. I am home and healthy and well that is a grand thing all in all. So I will stick with a better year and a healthier year for all too. A good part I think is the believing in it. If you dont believe how can it possibly happen? now waiting on go for the new mystery quilt. ready to pull scraps and get whipping things out. this is exciting!
    Linda

Blog Entries

Christmas Greetings!

To all my QB friends, I send blessings for a "Merry Christmas".

I only got a few of the clues done for this mystery. Will have to pick up and read the rest after the new year. Mom passed away yesterday in her sleep. Had been so hard to watch her rapidly going down hill, so am sure she is eating and dancing now. So this Christmas it will be quiet. No service is planned. She will be cremated and family burial will be next summer in MN.

Blessings to all.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Oh Everose.....big hugs for you sweetheart. You and your family are in my prayers.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

So sorry for your lose, Prayers and blessings to you and yours, Everose..

Jean

Sorry to hear of your Mother's passing Everose. I care for my mother in my home who is 94 so I know what you have been dealing with. I know you are sad but she will be watching you from above and dancing and singing. HUGS
    Sweet Caroline

Everose, so sorry to hear about your mother.
    Linda, sounds like you had a horrible year. Glad you are doing better now.
    Here are pics of some of the things I have been working on. I am hoping to finish my mq today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Everose I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending prayers your way.
    Pam H nice runners, love that purse pattern, never seen that one before, such a happy little giraffe he just makes me smile. I need to finish my mystery quilt too, just needs me to quilt and bind it.

Everose so sorry to hear of your mom's passing, just know she is in a better place and happy looking down on you with a smile. Saying goodbye is the hardest exspecially during the holidays. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
    It's always sunny here in Fl unless it's raining,LOL

Everose, I am so sorry to hear about your mama's passing. Hard anytime but at Christmas, it's even harder. So glad she went in her sleep. We lost a loved one two weeks ago and had to make a running trip to TX and back. Thanks goodness the weather held and we drove straight through both ways. That fog in Florida, Alabama and Mississippi can really slow you down. I have, finally, cut all the pieces and am ready to go at it again. I didn't like the color situation but looked at others on here and said "omg, that's the way it's sposed to be" lol

Almost ready for Christmas I guess. I need to get on this top so I can do another one that's just a one-day, all-day project. I am a glutton for mysteries. My sisters are chicken. Refuse to walk outside the little box. *sigh* OK, Merry Christmas to all and I'll work work work. Hugssss Retta in FL

It is hard to lose your mom no matter what your age. So sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 7 years ago. My thoughts and prayers are with you everose

Everose, so sorry to hear of your loss. It must be especially difficult at this time of year.

Judy, I am IN for a scrappy fast mystery!! My last day of work is Dec 30, so I can get this 3rd mystery complete and post a pic and have time to dig into my stash!! Thank you so much.

Linda

Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 47 56 57 58 ... LastLast