Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1570

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Ah but I am so sorry about your ankle. I however spent many moons hospitalized this year and ended up with a transplant. So my theory is this is a much much better year no matter how I look at it. I am home and healthy and well that is a grand thing all in all. So I will stick with a better year and a healthier year for all too. A good part I think is the believing in it. If you dont believe how can it possibly happen? now waiting on go for the new mystery quilt. ready to pull scraps and get whipping things out. this is exciting!
    Oh don't get me wrong, I always look forward to a new beginning ... I just NEVER say out loud that things couldn't get any worse! LOL

Glad you are doing well with you transplant. What a marvelous gift that was given to you!

Merry Christmas!

I finally got my top done. I am very happy with it. Especially love the pieced border.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    To all my QB friends, I send blessings for a "Merry Christmas".

I only got a few of the clues done for this mystery. Will have to pick up and read the rest after the new year. Mom passed away yesterday in her sleep. Had been so hard to watch her rapidly going down hill, so am sure she is eating and dancing now. So this Christmas it will be quiet. No service is planned. She will be cremated and family burial will be next summer in MN.

Blessings to all.
    Sorry to hear about your mother......
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Pam, that looks great! I really like your color choices.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Everose - sorry for your loss. Mom's are hard to lose anytime, but Christmas makes it harder.

Pam - Your quilt came out fantastic!

e quilt tops posted over the past few days are fabulous! Congrats to all of you.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Pam that is so pretty. Wonderful color choices.

Everose I send a prayer of comfort for you this Christmas. There is indeed never a good time to lose someone we love. I am sure also she is dancing in heaven.

I checked out the aboutquilting or is it reversed? mystery quilt for new years day. OMG after readng about it its a LONG day .. I like Judys speed much better. I dont think it would have worked if I had to finish it all in one day. Oh heck no. Unless the clues are like cut twenty 20 inch squares cut them in half sew them together. next clue. Because they would have to be huge to finish. that is a tough thing to do. Judy bless you for working at my speed!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Love the colors in your quilt PamH.

Pam H ~ Beautiful

Eliza, I've seen those one day mysteries, and they do not interest me in the least! Way too much to try and do in one day, but I guess those have lots of people trying them. Really wonder just how many finish in one day?

The one that starts next Saturday, the 29th, will be a bit more than my usual mysteries, but you have 3 clues and then I am gone for 2 weeks, so it had to be that way. But as I always say, no pressure, no quilt police, no one breathing down your nexk to keep up! But I think you will like this new one, I have my sample all done and will be making another one. this time for me!

Blog Entries
    everrose, sorry to hear about your mom.
    pam, beautiful quilt.
    PMJ-- can't wait for your next mystery quilt. glad it is going to be a 'bit more'. i like 'a bit more'. keeps us on our toes.
    i was in the basement sewing like a beaver on another one, just like this last one-- to be finished later---, and was patting myself on the back, that it was going so well, then realized 'gosh darn'. it has to be a king, not a queen.
    oh, well, this DSIL's mom doesn't deserve a quilt anyway, till her son gets graduated, and gets a job. now is this a mother in law talking or not?????

I am on the same "train" as you are Judy. I did a one day mystery last year and did not like the pressure. Yesterday I pinned the second Mystery Train quilt and DD will begin quilting it today. It has to be one of my all time favorites.
    Sweet Caroline

Everose,
    Sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 7 years ago today. Picked out her casket on Christmas Eve. Though our family was sad, we still got together on Christmas for a meal because mom kept saying she 'didn't want to mess up Christmas'. We spent the day remembering funny Christmases with mom ... it helped, I think.

Perhaps our moms will become great friends as they watch over their daughters.

God's Blessings,
    Peggy

Peggy what a lovely thing you did. I always tell my children I will be right there watching them and they say oh hell can you stay out of the bedroom at least? I tell them I want to have fun in heaven too you know. My mom is right here in my mind all the time I can hear here with her strong accent telling me her very opinionate thoughts.. its funny how that happens. And a good thing.

Wow sewnso at 65 you did a one day quilt/ good for you. at 51 no way in heck do I have the energy for that. nope not at all. Less errors if I go a bit slower. I am excited about this scrappy quilt we will be working on. I have tons of those so they are in my stash for sure
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Well, phooey on a one day mystery. What fun is that? I think (IMHO) Judy's are so fun because we get to imagine how it's going to continue/end. My only difficulty is getting them done!! Maybe if I were on here less, more would get done. Anyway, Judy's quilts are great and the company is spectacular on those trains!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Pam H,
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the giraffe wall hanging. Please tell me where you got the pattern.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grammy of 6 View Post
    Pam H,
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the giraffe wall hanging. Please tell me where you got the pattern.
    Thanks
    grammy this will take you to a pattern for the giraffe growth panel.

http://www.bugfabric.com/safari_animals.htm

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone. Where is the sign up for the new mystery quilt that starts on the 29th of December????
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Quote Originally Posted by montiealma View Post
    grammy this will take you to a pattern for the giraffe growth panel.

http://www.bugfabric.com/safari_animals.htm
    I love this site. i could stay on it all day looking at all the neat fabric
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    I love this site. i could stay on it all day looking at all the neat fabric
    Boy, so could I!! I found the perfect fabric to put on the back of a baby quilt that I am making for our new grand daughter yet to come in March!! Sharing is wonderfull.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Thanks for putting up that website Montiealma. There are so many cute fabrics on there. I bought mine at a quilt show. The growth chart is for my first grandchild due in February.
    Thanks for all the compliments on my mystery quilt.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Have a wonderful day tomorrow, everyone, and don't eat too much!

thank you coopah, glad you are enjoying these. I'm having more fun than should be legal!

Island, no sign-up, just pop onto the mystery site -- find the mystery on the morning of the 29th in the Block of the Week and Month Section - first clue will be posted then.

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas Everyone! We are having snow! Thanks Judy.
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Merry Christmas and good health to all. Looking forward to the next mystery...Thank you Judy.

You're welcome, Montie

Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 ... LastLast